I am Vex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muffassa

I'd like to point out that as a direct result of vex entertaining us all, Light of Eternal is banned, Sam_manzanza is banned, chaos nearly banned and Milamber,Whiskey jack and strijdje got a scolding from AE (and me as well). If this is how you intended to invigorate the forum, then you succeded. I, however, don't think this is the case. I think it was an interesting, perhaps even humorous idea that, for various reasons, went sour. I think Lohengrin and Icebird make very good points and I yield to them.

Darkwell

I play SP because for several reasons, one being the lack of PKs. I'm on the fence on my opinions about legit PKers (I've met some really nice/smart ones) but its cowards like you that really piss me off. In my mind it all boils down to the fact that you used duped gear in you're equipment, Bravo sir you need to cheat to win. Also you're explanation is the standard uninformed excuse of most PKers "its not that bad", you made a reference to someone cutting you off in traffic, sure its not going to kill you but its the total uncaring for the other person involved that bothers me. You're getting your jollies on the suffering of others.

I read it again now I'm really confused ... you say that one of the main reasons you PKed is because you want to duel but you didn't like the rules. I don't see why you just didn't start a dueling thread for duels with no rules, apparently some people seem to like the idea, instead of just going into random games.

Mr_McGee said:
I read it again now I'm really confused ... you say that one of the main reasons you PKed is because you want to duel but you didn't like the rules. I don't see why you just didn't start a dueling thread for duels with no rules, apparently some people seem to like the idea, instead of just going into random games.

Exactly. Host your own games in the MP thread with Dueling as the title. I imagine it would be more satisfying dueling other pvp builds then pvm ones. Then again maybe I am odd.

My_Immortal6 said:
Exactly. Host your own games in the MP thread with Dueling as the title. I imagine it would be more satisfying dueling other pvp builds then pvm ones. Then again maybe I am odd.
Well we won’t go there mate! :D

AlterEgo said:
Interesting. I guess if no one will start a thread and give you some attention, you'll just start one yourself. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty neutral on the PKing thing since I don't MP.

I agree with boogied6 Alter, that is a bit harsh, he did say he was gonna post who he was later...

EDIT: Muffassa I do frown on the fact that you used duped items to make your gear... Duping is just plain wrong if you ask me, it violates the game and shortens the "fun" of it... I just hope if we do see another PvP character come from you that he will not have duped gear... P.S. if you really want to find jewels with +min/max and ed then a good place to search is norm Sewers.

I dunno where I stand in this one. On one hand the whole reason I played hardcore when I played on battle net was the excitment that everyone who joined was a potential danger. I loved dodging and kiling pk's who tried to kill me and hardcore meant it was an actual danger. In softcore I never cared if I was pk'd just go pick up my body and resume where I left off. The only thing I hated was when I was pk'd by someone using hacks eg: trigger hack.

On the other hand I belive that most people who play single player don't want to be pk'd and shouldn't have to put up with it in the multiplayer games that they host and make available via the thread on the SPF.

Also I am completely against duping and hacking of any kind I put up with enough of that when I played on bnet.

Over all I don't agree with what he did, but I'm not about to crucify him for it eiether.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the fact is when people want to go out and multiplay they want to do it w/o getting PK'd (This is why we play SP!). If they wanted the added excitment of PK'ing involved in their games, they would make a game saying "we are multiplaying but all PK'ers are welcome". I don't care if it doesn't hurt anybody in the end, this experience is not something people were crying out for. You had your fun, it ended, and nobody seemed to really care... there was no cry for, "we want Vex back". This thread just proves that.

SincereX13 said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the fact is when people want to go out and multiplay they want to do it w/o getting PK'd (This is why we play SP!). If they wanted the added excitment of PK'ing involved in their games, they would make a game saying "we are multiplaying but all PK'ers are welcome". I don't care if it doesn't hurt anybody in the end, this experience is not something people were crying out for. You had your fun, it ended, and nobody seemed to really care... there was no cry for, "we want Vex back". This thread just proves that.

I have to add some comments to this. First of all, saying that people play SP because they don't want to be PK'ed is too general. Maybe that is one reason they play SP, but not the main one. It is usually that they cant do MP, or they are tired of the B.net atmosphere. I am sure that with this community, PKing is minimal, and usually the least of problems around here.

People dont post saying that PKers are welcome because frankly, IMO, there is such a lack of them around here, that no one really thinks about it. And if there is a PKer, it is probably just someone goofing around, or they come to the forum to cause trouble. In this case, it was supposedly to stir up the forum a bit, which it seems to have done.

I don't think he was trying to get the popularity of Vex back, because as you can see, he is not popular. He wasn't when we didnt know who it was, and he isnt now. He said early on though that in time, he would reveal who he was. And he has done so, as he said he would. I am sure that in time, people will forgive and forget (the PKing atleast, I dont know about the duping), and the forum will move on. Hell, it may be over it tomorrow.

I am not trying to criticize you or anything Sincere, I just thought I had to say some things about what you said.

CrazyChihuahua said:
I have to add some comments to this. First of all, saying that people play SP because they don't want to be PK'ed is too general. Maybe that is one reason they play SP, but not the main one. It is usually that they cant do MP, or they are tired of the B.net atmosphere.
But we are not talking about SPF members getting PK'd in SP are we? I've never played SP and had someone enter my machine and PK me! :scratch:

What we are talking about is PK'ing in SP multi player games.

The thing is it only takes one and then others will join in.

Muffassa / Vex seems to have his own fan club and it seems in the end he only joined those games....why? cos' his fan club adore him, and that means attention.

Milamber said:
Muffassa / Vex seems to have his own fan club and it seems in the end he only joined those games....why? cos' his fan club adore him, and that means attention.

Ok Milamber, not to flame anyone but THAT just irked me! Did you ever play with mufassa as vex? No, you just judged him right off the bat that Pker+Duped Vex=BAD PERSON. Now your trying to say that I adore him, and these other people who actually like him. No, i dont like that fact that he duped several items. His cause was just but didnt turn out the way he planned it. He is obviously not doing this for attention, as stated my Me and Crazy before, he said earlier that he was gonna post his id later. You know what, maybe the only reason he joined our game, like 2 times, was be cause many SPF players, including you, started dogging on him and how much you HATE someone who you never played with! So how does this give you a right to judge him with ever playing with him? And for that matter, judging people who have actually sided with him because we HAVE PLAYED WITH HIM and he was a nice guy!!!

Ok, theres my rant for the evening :rant:

I have been playing and DMing D&D since the early 80's. During this time one of the players decided it would be fun to use his poison dagger on other characters. One of which failed its saving throw and died. He thought this way very funny until his character was visited by the Platinum Dragon and was promptly eaten. He was then frogmarched from my house and asked never to return, protesting all the way "It's just a game". It is amazing how far a little commonsense, consideration, and good old-fashion respect will get you.

I feel it is time for me to post again.

I am truely sorry that some people got banned and some people got scolded - really I am. However, I did not make them post, nor did I ever post anything inflamatory. Those people, frankly, made their own bed to sleep in. I did not type on their keyboard under their name.

I guess I see all this as a lesson on life. I know one person specifically mentioned that he doesn't want me in his games. I will do my best not to join them. I guess I am missing out on an oportunity to make a friend or two, but hey, that is their prejudice getting in the way, not mine. If the thought of someone "being a jerk" in their beloved D2 game for 5 minutes is enough to throw their whole day out of whack, well, they have far worse problems than a potential PK.

As for the others - well, I probably won't be in the PK business any time soon, and I don't trade ever (no worrys about dupes/hacks) so I hope to be welcome in a few games. Perhaps some bridges can be repaired...who knows.

and please - dont get yourself banned - It is just a game, just a PK. Don't let that thought make you ruin relationships here at the forums. I value your guys (girls too) friendships and stories and life experiences more than I value D2. What do you people value?

So if I put up a public MP game not only does everyone in existance have an inalienable right to enter it and do anything they wish but they also have the authority to tell me how to feel about it?

boogied6 said:
you did no harm, nor do i think any parties involved were offended, and if they were GET OVER IT. people wake up this game is dying, fight it as you may, things grow old and die. my favorate quote of the bible "this too shall pass" what was the harm in making the game a bit more interesting even if for a brief moment.
No. Screw all of that.

* Many of the people who got killed were offended.
* This clown joined questing games and forced the participants to take part in unwanted duels.
* It's not for you, or for Muffy, to decide when the game gets less interesting for them, and whether it can be made more interesting through LLD. It's for the people who are playing in their games.

I have zero respect for Muffassa, even after his revelatory post. Forcing people to stop playing the game THEY want to play and take part in HIS game--one he is prepared for, with his duped crap, and they are not, since they're low-level questers--is selfish. He shows no respect or friendship to anyone in any of those games with that kind of behavior.

He gets no respect from me.

well i am sorry durf that life for you is a video game and your world gets turned inside out when someone doesnt follow the norm.

hmmm, i didnt know life was not fair :scratch:

boogied6 said:
well i am sorry durf that life for you is a video game and your world gets turned inside out when someone doesnt follow the norm.

hmmm, i didnt know life was not fair :scratch:
Lets list the points why Durf's life would revolve around a video game.

1. He is a member of a computer game fansite
2. He has strong opinions on how the game should be played

Now lets look at what you have going for you

1. You are a member of a computer game fansite
2. You seem to have equally strong opinions on how the game should be played

I don't think you should be throwing stones like that :)

Muffassa said:
If the thought of someone "being a jerk" in their beloved D2 game for 5 minutes is enough to throw their whole day out of whack, well, they have far worse problems than a potential PK.

Yes. the problem is a life. I play diablo just to relax, and when that time is interrupted by something like that, it's not as fun. It doesn't throw my day out of whack. Just my enjoyment of Diablo, which is what I said in my post.

Mr_McGee said:
Lets list the points why Durf's life would revolve around a video game.

1. He is a member of a computer game fansite
2. He has strong opinions on how the game should be played

Now lets look at what you have going for you

1. You are a member of a computer game fansite
2. You seem to have equally strong opinions on how the game should be played

I don't think you should be throwing stones like that :)
yes i am a member and occasionaly i will drop in and read and every now and then post. yet check the post count between the two. next time get your nose out of durfs butt before arguing a point.

and durf if its a waste then why do you continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High