how far can superdave go? [by superdave]

NewForumBloke said:
Would it be against your rules for you to shop say a tap wand? Then you could cast that on monsters allowing for your merc/valk to leech=survive longer :D. Maybe you could have a variety of them :shocked: (assuming this doesnt go against your original idea) You would still remain a non offensive source, but you would at least be able to assist in the survivability of your merc/valk. Hell a dim vision wand could definately help with the Canyon area (i think dim spawns on wands)

Keep goin with it SuperDave!

-BLoke :smug:

superdave said:
nope i am only using cracked or low quality items....no weapons....i am helping out my merc and valk with slow missiles and decoy...i am constantly repositioning them so they are not biting off more than they can chew....the decoy takes the brunt of all damage.

i have made it as far as the dry hills wp now...i will try to get as far as the snakes tonight.

Dacar92 said:
superdave said:
update...i made it as far as the lost city...i ran across one of these in the maggot lair...immune to phys, stone skin and conviction aura...the light coming from the beetles in that room hurt....i had to lure the beetles out of range of the aura before i let my valk poke them.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/superdave01/Screenshot202.jpg
That must have taken a while. I'll bet it regenerated almost as quickly as the valk dealt damage.

superdave said:
after i had the beetles out of the room it only took about a half hour...i went through a dozen valks before i spawned one that could kill it...those beetle were nasty...i almost bought the farm when my valk walked into the room and started poking them....i saw the conviction at the same time that i noticed the lightning coming at me.

Gungak said:
Im in awe dude.

When I started reading the thread, I was like "cool idea, I might have a go at this"
Then say the 2hours or whatever on diablo and.... I thouugh I would let you have the fun, and just keep reading this thread.

I hope you go all the way, unfortunatly I have you dying on the way to Hell Nihlathak, as far as memory serves, are not the Claw Vipers on the way bugged?
So they do physical damage instead of poison?

Another question I have is, have you experianced any lag let? What you do Just Tp to town?

SSoG said:
superdave said:
nope i am only using cracked or low quality items....no weapons....i am helping out my merc and valk with slow missiles and decoy...i am constantly repositioning them so they are not biting off more than they can chew....the decoy takes the brunt of all damage.

i have made it as far as the dry hills wp now...i will try to get as far as the snakes tonight.
No Inner Sight? That surprises me. Maxed Inner Sight frequently does more for your Valk's chance to hit than maxed Penetrate (not to mention the fact that it helps your Merc, too).

superdave said:
SSoG said:
No Inner Sight? That surprises me. Maxed Inner Sight frequently does more for your Valk's chance to hit than maxed Penetrate (not to mention the fact that it helps your Merc, too).
1 pt in inner sight so far....the valk should have a good chance to hit right up to act1 hell...by that time i will only have points left to distribute in penetrate and inner sight....right now i have a few more to place in decoy, d/a/e and critical before i will be convinced that she will be indestructible.

i still use my 1 pt inner sight to light up monsters when i am underground....my monitor is fritzed so i have my video settings turned to the brightest...even then a monster can be right beside me and i might not see it.

superdave said:
update....

nothing to report...it has been so damn hot that i went to the bookstore and may spend the day in the park reading...as soon as the heat breaks i will try to make my way to the snakes...they say we get rain tomorrow.

Dacar92 said:
superdave said:
update....

nothing to report...it has been so damn hot that i went to the bookstore and may spend the day in the park reading...as soon as the heat breaks i will try to make my way to the snakes...they say we get rain tomorrow.
How warm can it be in Canada???

TheBassman said:
Xenon[XoA] said:
Imagine a popsicle under a rocket engine.
Now, imagine yourself as the popsicle.

It's freaking hot up here >_<
I'll second that! 😁

I work at a grocery store and spent most of y day filling ice cream and dairy products to beat the heat. Not used to the heat... Comeback winter!!!

:laugh:

EDIT: Oh... ya... Go DAVE! 👍

~LesC

Quietus said:
SSoG said:
Question:
A lit rocket engine, or an unlit rocket engine? It makes quite a big difference, you see. :wink3:
Lit. And burning.

From what I understand, it was well into the forties yesterday, with the humidex. Somewhere between 102 and 113 farenheit. Today seemed nicer, though to be fair, I was only out in the morning. I'm somewhat dreading the trip home. Hour and a half ride on public transit, and if I'm lucky, they have air conditioning.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High