HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Silospen said:
Hey SnickerSnack -

I can't reproduce the problem. Could you outline your exact steps, if you're still having this problem? Thanks

Also, could you use the Mods and Muling thread from now on (this one's getting a bit old)? Thanks!

The item poofing is something that you've already fixed, I think. I'll see if the problem I had with the pick/drop buttons persists in the current version.

Thanks for the reply. I just never saw it until now.

A totally different problem:

D2 no longer saves screen shots. I don't know when it started, but I did recently reinstall. I have RRM and RWM.

I saw a post about this somewhere, but I can't find it now.

I can still save a screenie to the clipboard, and then paste in paint, though.

I'll bet you all the screenshots are in your rwm/rrm directory.

I just downloaded Silospen's run counter for the upcoming level 85 area tourney, got it running and did a few test runs. Run counter is locked up, it shows 2 of the runs I did (10 in total, fwiw), then part of the third run, then it froze. Had to reboot to get it to shut down. Tried again, and it did it again on the fourth run.

I run Mac OS X(Leopard if it matters), RWM/RRM. Has any one had a similar issue?

Thanks,

CM

I'll bet you all the screenshots are in your rwm/rrm directory.

Nope. That's where I expected them to be.

I might not have both installed correctly because only one is active at a time. I have two shortcuts, one for normal play (RRM), and one for making runewords (RWM). That might have something to do with it.

CorruptedMollusk - Sorry I can't help much. Are you using the advanced or the simple version? Try the other one if one doesn't work for you.

Did 1.13 come out yet? I took a Diablo holiday.

Nope. That's where I expected them to be.

I might not have both installed correctly because only one is active at a time. I have two shortcuts, one for normal play (RRM), and one for making runewords (RWM). That might have something to do with it.
Well, you can always just search your whole system for Screenshot* or *.jpg

Well, you can always just search your whole system for Screenshot* or *.jpg

Yes, I just tried having windows search the entire disk for any pictures made in the last week. And guess what? D2 has been putting the pictures not in the D2 folder, but in some obscure backup directory. This might have something to do with why I've had so much trouble getting RRM and RWM to work together. Maybe if I clear out
Code:
C:\Users\zsharon\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)
it'll all work again. Or, it may be a registry problem, which means I may never be able to "fix" it, short of a reinstall (not gonna happen anytime soon, not after last time). I'll probably just make a shortcut to it somewhere.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to just do a search. :doh: Thanks!

Yes, I just tried having windows search the entire disk for any pictures made in the last week. And guess what? D2 has been putting the pictures not in the D2 folder, but in some obscure backup directory. This might have something to do with why I've had so much trouble getting RRM and RWM to work together. Maybe if I clear out
Code:
C:\Users\zsharon\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)
it'll all work again. Or, it may be a registry problem, which means I may never be able to "fix" it, short of a reinstall (not gonna happen anytime soon, not after last time). I'll probably just make a shortcut to it somewhere.

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to just do a search. :doh: Thanks!

I had problems on locating various D2 related files from Vista's program files folder, so I moved my Atma, GoMule and both Diablo II directories to c:\games\ and file finding problems were solved.

If you do that remember to change things in the registery with regedit.

Ulla

As I understand things, this is because your user account doesn't have permission to write to anything outside of \users\yourname (installing involves escalating your rights to local Administrator). Any attempted writes are redirected to the location you found. Granting your user write permission to the Diablo 2 directory should fix things.

As I understand things, this is because your user account doesn't have permission to write to anything outside of \users\yourname (installing involves escalating your rights to local Administrator). Any attempted writes are redirected to the location you found. Granting your user write permission to the Diablo 2 directory should fix things.

Yep, this is the issue (and solution).

I had the same problem for a while, but adjusting the security privileges solves it. Right-click on your D2 folder, select Properties, and then it's on the Security tab.

Muling Problem:

I'm playing Classic and using ATMA V (5.05) for muling and the like. There's a big problem though and that is I can't transfer any items with (Based on Character Level) magic bonuses. This includes Angelic Halo, Iratha's Coil, and even partial bonuses like Arctic Furs won't work. I have tried transferring them to other character, importing/exporting, ensuring the files are not "Read-Only", etc. I also have plenty of space for them as well as the correct requirements (even on my character's base stats).

I've done a little reading and searching and this problem has existed as long as 2004 and still an issue. I haven't found any solutions for it, and help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking for Iratha's Finery for awhile, and just finished it by getting the Belt, but now I can't use it because I'm completely unable to take the Helm out.

So am I screwed then?

Muling Problem:

I'm playing Classic and using ATMA V (5.05) for muling and the like. There's a big problem though and that is I can't transfer any items with (Based on Character Level) magic bonuses. This includes Angelic Halo, Iratha's Coil, and even partial bonuses like Arctic Furs won't work. I have tried transferring them to other character, importing/exporting, ensuring the files are not "Read-Only", etc. I also have plenty of space for them as well as the correct requirements (even on my character's base stats).

I've done a little reading and searching and this problem has existed as long as 2004 and still an issue. I haven't found any solutions for it, and help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking for Iratha's Finery for awhile, and just finished it by getting the Belt, but now I can't use it because I'm completely unable to take the Helm out.

So am I screwed then?

Basically yes.

The only alternative that immediately works is muling "old style", at least for those based upon character level items. (edit: the only alternative considered legit for this place that is)

You know, host/join your own games and pass items through.

(With winxp and up you can use the fast user switch to start d2 multiple times on one computer, otherwise there is always the dll)

Marco

Does this happen with GoMule as well?

GoMule currently does not support classic.

But it has no problems with "based upon char level" items that I know of.

Marco

Hey guys, a quick question about RWM, it didn't seem to be clear enough for me.

1) Does RWM allow ALL ladder only runewords to be made?
2) Does RWM allow ladder only items to be dropped?

thanks

Hey guys, a quick question about RWM, it didn't seem to be clear enough for me.

1) Does RWM allow ALL ladder only runewords to be made?
2) Does RWM allow ladder only items to be dropped?

thanks

1) This is what the RWM does

2) This is already default for D2 LOD without any mods
edit:
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/uniquebasics.shtml
(Ladder Only)
This item can only be found by Battle.net Ladder Characters as well as Single Player, TCP/IP, and Open Battle.net Characters. It will not be found by Normal Battle.net Realm Characters.

Marco

Hey guys, It's been a while since I posted. Hard drive crash took out everything, so I'm starting from scratch. Is it possible to mule stuff on/off a character that you're playing in D2 at the same time? i.e I've got D2 open, i'm playing my lv69 necro and I alt-tab to the desktop, open GoMule and try to move an undead crown over from my stash. Will it work? Or will I corrupt the char/lose the undead crown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High