HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Well well, I just did 5 countess-runs. Els, elds, tirs, nef and a tal.

Deleted all bin files, ran the modified shortcut, new bin files got generated.

5 new countess-runs. Lowest rune was Ort, add a couple of sol, shael and 2 Io and I'd say it's fairly conclusive.

Maybe now I can start getting some goodies too.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Perhaps this was mentioned somewhere upthread, but I didn't see it... I recently found my first Essences in 1.13 and ATMA seems to choke on them. Is there any way to get them working properly?

If not, I suppose I can just use an honest-to-god mule and self-MP.

Gawd, people really have to start using google to search these forums :p. Maybe I'll put together a forum searching guide.

Goggle'ing "site:diablo.incgamers.com/forums 1.13 atma" led me directly to Silospen's post. I'll also take this time to do my usual and plug GoMule. That program simply rocks.

I takes two buttons (four clicks in total) to pickup every single item and drop it into a stash when I mule. I'll do that 'x' amount of times during an MF series (depending on how quickly I fill my stash), then I can just filter by set/unique/rare/socketable/runeword/etc in my MF stash and pickup/drop all those items to their respective stashes with two buttons each.

I think the only uses for ATMA now is to abuse map seeds, ATMA-bug items, and interact with versions before 1.10. GoMule does have a few quirks regarding it's drop calculator and with item stats (especially set benefits), but in almost all respects it's superior and allows for much less cheese.

@mattinnm - Since you seem to be a well versed GoMule user, any love for my two questions posted in the past few pages of this post? To paraphrase:

1.) Any way to see Base / Adjusted item speed (like in ATMA)? I find myself having to pop open AS to check if a Halberd or Bardiche has faster speed and then I have to manually apply any 10, 20 or 30% item bonuses to figure out if that translates to Fast, Very Fast, etc.
2.) Is it a known issue that GoMule does not apply FULL set bonuses to the char stats screen in the application (but it does apply 2 and 3 item bonuses)?

Thanks.
Josh

@parsetdx - GoMule does have a sourceforge site if you want to put the issues in there, but as far as I can tell, here are the issues I know off the top of my head (answering your questions first) -- [highlight]This is by no means an all encompassing list[/highlight]:

1. GoMule does not display Base/Adjusted item speed, which means popping into ATMA/AS/D2wiki to check the speeds, if you don't know them off the top of your head. Obviously, this would make a nice feature addition.

2. GoMule does not apply full set bonuses, which can be terribly annoying. I've noticed quite a few set quirks in general, but I think this is the most obvious. Much higher priority in my mind.

3. Adjusting the players settings in the drop calculator does nothing (at least on my end). As far as I can tell, the only solutions are to use ATMA or silospen's online dropcalc (which he'll hopefully bundle the logic into GoMule sometime).

4. Jewels apply incorrectly. On my twink set, I had 6 -15req jewels in a crystal sword, and the jewels multiplied with each other, instead of adding then multiplying (e.g. the multiplier was (1-.15)^6 instead of 1-(.15*6)). IIRC this effect poison damage as well, but I'm not 100% on this. Again, I'd say this is a decently high priority.

Those are just the few off the top of my head that I have ran into before and though, "Hmmm, that's not right". AFAIK silospen is on an extended vacation, so I'm not expecting any new patches for a while. The good thing about GoMule is that it's OpenSource. Maybe I'll give a look at the source code (been putting it off, really) and try to make some of the easier fixes. Roll them into a patch and send them off to silo.

Again, if you notice any issues, it would be nice if you could post the into the GoMule bug reporter at Sourceforge. Try to give as much information as possible, as well as what you think the problem might be.

@mattinnm - thanks so much for the detail. So I'm not crazy... phew. I actually poked around the GoMule Sourceforge site and couldn't find where I could actually submit a bug / enhancement request. So, thanks for the link.

I used to be a professional Java dev in a prior life, so who knows, maybe I'll give the source a look myself.

Thanks again.
Josh

Soureforge is one of the worst websites in the world. It amazes me that a website full of great applications, developed by some of the worlds best developers has such a terrible interface.

Thanks for passing the link around!

I'll be back to developing GoMule in about 4 weeks. Leaving Vietnam now - next stop Malaysia :)

Well, I have no idea if this has been mentioned, but here is the bug:

1. I have a lvl 95 sorc
2. In-game the maximum amount of gold in stash is 2.5 mil and on-char at 0.95 mil.
3. I can subtract and add to the stash in-game as usual.
5. Maximum amount of gold in stash displayed in GoMule is 2.4 mil instead
6. If I open in GoMule a character with current amount of gold in stash - 2.5 mil ( which is maximum ) and perform any subtracting or adding manipulation - the current amount eventually becomes 2.4 mil

Basically - I think the maximum amount is incorrect and thus any update re-sets the current amount to the incorrect one.

EDIT: I see that this has been mentioned.

A quick note to Mac users planning on moving to 1.13b:

The method for getting RWM to work with 1.13a is not valid for 1.13b due to the Principle change. I will be making a new patch file this week and sending it to the mods for approval prior to release.

I will not create a RRM version however. There were bugs in RRM creating display errors and red runes are redundant now that we have orange runes.

Edit:
Done & sent to Thy for checking & hosting.

Hi! Any news about Thy checking and hosting? :)

Hi! Any news about Thy checking and hosting? :)

No, I have PMed both mods without any response. All I do know is that Thy has said she has seen it. :(

Ok I need some help and don't see a thread for my situation.
I am running Windows 7.
I want to use Gomule.
Gomule opens my character nicely.
My ATMA stash is called "ITAMZ", and I can mule in ATMA but not in Gomule.
I cannot open my ATMA stash in Gomule so that I can begin muling.
My ATMA stash is in the Program file, but no matter how I try to access it in Gomule by clicking on Add, Open or New stash, I can never see my stash. It SHOULD be in the ATMA_Config file, I believe, but It isn't there.
SO, when Gomule opens it it shows "0.0" items in it.
Silospen had time to tell me to put the Gomule program in My Docs, which I have done, but no luck with the stash.
I am NOT very nimble with computers, so if you think you have an idea how to fix this, PLEASE be detailed or I won't be able to execute your instructions.
Thanks for ANY help.

The problems you are having is similar to the ones I had with windows 7. Windows 7 is not like windows xp it is a lot more secure. And thus it protects the program files directory. Your stash is probably inside the virtual folder

C: \Users\CurrentLogin\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ATMA V\ATMA_CONFIG

If you are serious about ditching Atma for muling purposes. I suggest you open a new stash inside of Gomule and move over your items from your Atma stash. Good luck and hopefully this answers your question.

Thanks maxicek and Thy :)

[highlight]Edit:[/highlight] Move along, nothing to see here, I've fixed the problem. Thanks to mattinm for the d2gfx multiple instance .dll. :thumbsup:

I've recently installed 1.13b beta, but I'm having some trouble with multiple instances. I downloaded the modified .dll's from mattinm from this link, but it will not allow multiple instances. In fact, it won't even allow a single instance. I try to launch either Diablo II.exe or Game.exe, and they both give me an Unhandled Exception, Access Violation error.

If I use the original d2gfx.dll file however, I am able to run a single instance. I don't know if the files that mattinm uploaded were specifically designed to be used with TrenShadow version switcher, but I'm not using TrenShadow. I have multiple install directories for multiple versions, and I've never had a problem with multiple instances until now.

Has anybody else had this problem, or does anybody know if multiple instances in 1.13b are possible??

Last edited:

There's a 1.13b??

Does everything still work in GoMule etc? Did Tenshi ever release an official ATMA 1.13?

Gomule seems to work fine with 1.13b. There is a problem I've noticed with the Gomule bank though, the is money in the stash is still set to 1.12 values instead to the new static value of 2500..... If the gold in your stash is over that of the 1.12 amount for that level, the bank has a hernia.

There's a 1.13b??

Yes, we now have a 1.13b. It was released not too long ago, IIRC. The rune chance odds are even better than they were in 1.13a. Also, Lightning Mastery is back to its pre-1.13 self in 1.13b. There may be a few other changes too, but I think those were the major ones.

On Topic, now that I have 1.13 up and running, I'd like to get the Runeword Mod as well. Couple of things, though:
  • I'd like the runes to stay orange and not be overridden to red like in the 1.12 RRM/RWM
  • I want to be mindful of nubikoen's post here and also jjscud's post here and make sure that I have the correct drop rates from 1.13b for runes.

I've looked through the previous few pages of this thread, as well as the 1.13 thread by Corrupted, but I haven't found any links/install instructions for 1.13b Rune Word Mod.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

and make sure that I have the correct drop rates from 1.13b for runes.
I haven't bothered to install RWM in 1.13 yet, so I can't answer that part of the question. However, finding out if you have 1.12 or 1.13b drop rates is extremely easy. Do a countess run or two, in any difficulty.

In 1.12, El and Eld were the most common in any difficulty, now they show up fairly rarely. Especially Eld.

In 1.13b, when I was doing about 2 dozen normal countess runs with brand new characters, I got about 2 El's, exactly 1 Eld, and several dozen Tals and Eths. I haven't done as many runs in NM and hell, but the drops are normally in the Sol/Shael/Hel/Amn/Dol range.

I was actually trying to get an El from normal countess to make a 'steel' (TirEl) scimitar, and it took quite a few runs to finally get one. By that time I could have made at least 4 'stealth' (TalEth) and 2 'leaf' (TirRal) runewords.

It's a bit weird to get excited when you see something as rare as an El drop. :crazyeyes:

Edit: Bah, believe issue is Pike can't be used for Insight... was first 4 socket merc weapon i found.

Trying to get RWM setup on a new computer using 1.13b or whatever Bnet is spitting out at the moment.

Downloaded D2 RuneWord Mod.zip from the sticky.
Extracted 'Runewords' folder to D2 directory.
Only one file: Runes.txt. Appears to be located in correct path: C:\Games\Diablo II\Runewords\data\global\excel

Created new shortcut:
target = "C:\Games\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w -direct -txt
Start-in = "C:\Games\Diablo II\Runewords"

I run the shortcut and the excel folder fills up with 90 .bin files, but I still can't make any RWM runewords.

New computer is windows 7 64bit, D2 running as admin and some compatibility settings to get all mouse buttons working.

I deleted the bin files and downgraded D2 to 1.12 and tried RWM shortcut again, and had same result.

I am missing something simple?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High