HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

@o1d_dude - I have converted to GoMule myself and the bank there seems to kinda work with 1.13. It uses the old level based gold limits, but if your char has more than the limit (as you can now do), GoMule won't choke on it, it just won't let you transfer any more onto that char (i.e. GoMule does not recognize the new 2.5M flat limit.)

As for ATMA - I'm 99% sure I played my char in 1.13, then came into ATMA and slowly but surely transfered my gold out of my ATMA bank to move it over to my new GoMule bank. Again, ATMA didn't recognize the 2.5M limit, but it didn't choke or anything - it just limited my gold transfers to the old level based limit. Again, I'm 99% sure I had already played my 1.12 char in 1.13 before I did this.

Not sure why yours would be blowing up.

@Linkelito: While GoMule is indeed Java-based, it is a lot better than ATMA. In my opinion, the only thing ATMA has over GoMule is the support for earlier game versions.

Hm okay! :)

I did not know that, thanks! :thumbup:

@o1d_dude - I have converted to GoMule myself and the bank there seems to kinda work with 1.13. It uses the old level based gold limits, but if your char has more than the limit (as you can now do), GoMule won't choke on it, it just won't let you transfer any more onto that char (i.e. GoMule does not recognize the new 2.5M flat limit.)

As for ATMA - I'm 99% sure I played my char in 1.13, then came into ATMA and slowly but surely transfered my gold out of my ATMA bank to move it over to my new GoMule bank. Again, ATMA didn't recognize the 2.5M limit, but it didn't choke or anything - it just limited my gold transfers to the old level based limit. Again, I'm 99% sure I had already played my 1.12 char in 1.13 before I did this.

Not sure why yours would be blowing up.

Hmmm. Forgot about the new flat limit on gold. I'm guessing that my chars were over the limit. Better give it another try now that I'm under the limit.

Thanks for the reminder.

EDIT: Just tried and the same error occurs. It was worth a shot.

A quick note to Mac users planning on moving to 1.13b:

The method for getting RWM to work with 1.13a is not valid for 1.13b due to the Principle change. I will be making a new patch file this week and sending it to the mods for approval prior to release.

I will not create a RRM version however. There were bugs in RRM creating display errors and red runes are redundant now that we have orange runes.

Edit:
Done & sent to Thy for checking & hosting.

Last edited:

I am having some trouble with Gomule.

Any stash that I try to open in Gomule comes up as disconnected and the 'all' stash shows up as being empty. Flavie is able to read all of my stashes and generate a report, however.

This happened before and I fixed it by deleting the current copy of Gomule and downloading a new one. I have only used Gomule once or twice since then and I don't want to have to re-download Gomule ever third time I use it.

I have tried the extra memory command line: "java.exe -Xms32m -Xmx512m -jar GoMule.jar" as was suggested by Silospen in a previous help thread, but this has not cured the disconnected state. I have also tried clearing my project and adding fewer stashes to reduce the memory footprint of the project to no avail.

Opening stashes in ATMA and then Gomule was also a suggestion that I read in a previous help thread but the stashes still open in Gomule as disconnected.

I am trying to sort ~1500 pgems across various stashes and doing it one at a time in ATMA isn't very appealing.

In project preferences there's a checkbox marked "Ignore common items on pickup" or something like that. Is that checked or unchecked?

I was fooling around with that at one time, to try and figured out exactly what it did (I never did quite figure it out btw.) Whenever it was checked (or unchecked - damn lousy memory) I got the Disconnected message on everything I tried to open.

On that topic: Anyone know exactly what it does?
Is it GoMules chat gem? - "Working as intended" and will it be improved in the next release? :badteeth:

Hey guys I have a few questions for you:

I want to know what to delete to get rid of uber diablo from the Atma calculator. I know I could use GoMule's calculator, but I like the flow of Atma's better atm. I've seen it posted here before, but can't seem to find it in the searches I have done.

So far this question seems to have been fixed when I moved my -w for windowed mode to the last code for the shortcut.
My other question is in order to get the RWM to work I had to let Diablo2 run as an admin program. Is there any other way to get this to work? Every time I tried to load it without admin privileges it loads up classic for some reason.

Thanks Ladvarian

Hey guys I have a few questions for you:

I want to know what to delete to get rid of uber diablo from the Atma calculator. I know I could use GoMule's calculator, but I like the flow of Atma's better atm. I've seen it posted here before, but can't seem to find it in the searches I have done.

Its the ROP lines in the treasureclassex.txt file

Code:
ROP			1	1024				0	Diablo	1																						0
ROP (N)			1	1024				0	Diablo (N)	4	Annihilus	1																				0
ROP (H)			1	1024				0	Annihilus	1																						0

In project preferences there's a checkbox marked "Ignore common items on pickup" or something like that. Is that checked or unchecked?

I was fooling around with that at one time, to try and figured out exactly what it did (I never did quite figure it out btw.) Whenever it was checked (or unchecked - damn lousy memory) I got the Disconnected message on everything I tried to open.

On that topic: Anyone know exactly what it does?
Is it GoMules chat gem? - "Working as intended" and will it be improved in the next release? :badteeth:

This is a part of the "pickup all" functionality. It ignores items such as tomes, keys, cube, charms, and such in your backpack when you click pickup all. This makes unloading after a MF session easier.

Hoping someone can help me with this problem. I love GoMule, but my computer seems to have problems with Java. Yes my Java is up to date and this has been happening since I started using GoMule in 1.12. I do also have various problems with other Java apps so I know it's not a GoMule specific problem.

I've done loads of searching for possible fixes and haven't been able to find anything. Well on to the issue.

I open GoMule, open stashes, characters etc and all is well. I load up D2 and do runs until my stash is full and exit to character screen and tab out, unload the loot, save, pull D2 back up and go on my way. The problem is that maybe 40-50% of the time when I tab out to unload, GoMule is either all white with the little file has changed popup box (that always comes up when you have new stuff) in the middle or GoMule is half there and half blacked out.

In the half black case the file changes box doesn't pop up and I can just exit out and re load it, in the all white case I have to click the file changes little box then I can exit out and re load.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit on an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+ with 3.5GB ram and 400GB HDD if that helps. I know I'm running a 32 bit OS on a 64 bit CPU but as far as I know that shouldn't be a problem.

GoMule is still usable, but it gets annoying having to reload it over and over if I'm doing a lot of runs. Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated. I'll gladly give any more info that you need. Thank you.

@nyghthwk - Does it happen when you fully exit Diablo 2 and then open GoMule? It sounds like a graphics glitch due to leaving the game up in one window while going into GoMule, but I'm no expert. I see similar strange behavior when Diablo 2 is up and I walk away for a bit to come back to my screen saver - when I come back into the game all sorts of weird graphics things are going on. It likely has something to do with the video card being put into a certain mode for D2 and then not correctly switching back out to handle GoMule and other things - again, just my opinion, and I am no expert.

EDIT: In sum, what I'm saying is it's not really an issue with the GoMule application per se.

I know it's not a GoMule specific issue, was just hoping maybe someone had the same issue and found a solution.

I primarily notice it when alt tabing out of D2, but I do think it has happened when I exited out completely as well now that I think of it. I have my screensaver turned off. I drives me crazy when the screensaver pops on and interrupts what's going on. Primarily running disk defrag and heading out or going to bed etc and coming back to find that it is still at 2% because the screensaver kept making it restart. It may not do that anymore but I still just keep my screensaver turned off so I'm not sure if I have that problem.

I open GoMule, open stashes, characters etc and all is well. I load up D2 and do runs until my stash is full and exit to character screen and tab out, unload the loot, save, pull D2 back up and go on my way. The problem is that maybe 40-50% of the time when I tab out to unload, GoMule is either all white with the little file has changed popup box (that always comes up when you have new stuff) in the middle or GoMule is half there and half blacked out.

This is just a long winded suggestion, take what you will from it. Since what you do on your computer is your business, that is unless you trade.

If you are not careful you might accidentally dupe or loose some items. I open D2 and GoMule/Atma separately keeping the other closed or at least in a certain place in each program. If you are not in the singleplayer/bnet select screen D2 has opened your characters and any changes you make in GoMule will have no effect in D2, this happens even if you are at the character select screen, thus possibly making the items that you muled off into dupes of ones that will still be on your characters.
If you are also not careful with GoMule you might loose some of your items. Having your characters open and accidentally choosing to ignore the changes will not bring up your new items that were saved by D2 thus you might accidentally over write your newly saved character that you worked hard on with a GoMule's old file. There is no backup for that that I am aware of and lost forever, ie no .old file. This will get very annoying when you loose a good item. Keeping your characters closed will keep this from happening.

Again this is just a suggestion and you should do what you want on your computer, but please be careful or you might loose a good item.

It might take more time, but if you keep one closed you will also keep from having your graphics. If you ignore my advice try running it in windowed mode if you can stand it the smaller screen. This will hopefully help you eliminate the problem. Good luck and again this is just a suggestion not a demand or a rant.

@Ladvarian I do 99% of my muling in GoMule from the character select screen. I do runs until I run out of room then just S&E to the character select screen, tab out, dump stuff in Stashes, mule back to the character if needed for upgrades etc, save all projects, maximize D2 from the bar, select the character and continue on.

I've never had any problems with items not transferring off the character or to it. Now if I didn't S&E and was still in the game, like if I tabbed out to check something on AS or this forum, and space it out and clear out my characters inventory and hit save projects, I end up bringing D2 back up and doing a "doh!" and have to do it all over again when I actually S&E.

Is doing it from the character select screen actually risking corrupting the items or duping them? I've never seen anything get duped that way, but maybe I'm just really lucky? And I'm referring to many many grailer items that I only have one of so I know they weren't duped.

And I tried Windowed mode since the only free, unlimited time, recorder I could find would only work in windowed mode. (you had to actually define an area on your desktop to record and it wouldn't go full screen) Don't recall the name of it, but I hated windowed mode. Just to small and I keep moving my mouse out of the window lol.

Edit: ok yes I had a MAJOR brain lapse and S&E brings you back to the main menu and not the character select screen. But, I have done a fair share of muling from the character select screen so the question still stands :)

Last edited:

I could have sworn that it would do it, but from my testing you appear to right. It might have been an Atma problem or older patches of D2. Sorry for the suggestion without testing it in GoMule. :ashamed: I always thought that because D2 has to access the file to show your character and equipment that it wouldn't allow you to update the file in between. I hope that someone who knows better than I will confirm or deny this possibility. Maybe silo or Tenshi if you they come by here soon. :whistling:

P.S. Thanks for putting up with my "suggestion" :crazyeyes:

I think the character screen uses a "last time character was loaded" snapshot. Basing this on having a character at like lvl 20 with full Sigons equipped, then stripping him for another character. The one you stripped will still show on the character select screen in full sigons until you actually enter then exit a game.

A quick note to Mac users planning on moving to 1.13b:

The method for getting RWM to work with 1.13a is not valid for 1.13b due to the Principle change. I will be making a new patch file this week and sending it to the mods for approval prior to release.

I will not create a RRM version however. There were bugs in RRM creating display errors and red runes are redundant now that we have orange runes.

Edit:
Done & sent to Thy for checking & hosting.

I know its only been 3 days, but any word if this is good to go and when it will be available for download ?
if its going to be awhile, can I just go ahead and download the current RWM and use it with the 1.13b patch and then use the new RWM whenever it comes out ?

oh, I mean the windows version, not the MAC

GoMule Question:

If I look at the characters stats in GoMule it looks like GoMule does not apply FULL SET bonuses to those stats. It correctly applies 2 item and 3 items set bonuses, but not the added bonuses for the full set. It will show the full set bonuses when you hover over each set item, but they are not added into the stats page. It makes it a little trickier to do gear comparisons offline.

Is this a known issue?

[Tinfoilhat]
I'm not really sure if this should be posted here or the PK. So if this crosses some sort of line, please delete it.

When I started using RWM (and RRM, and later CRM), I just downloaded and extracted to my D2 folder and played - with a modified shortcut obviously.
Then the PTR Betas arrive.

I played from a vanilla shortcut for a While until I saw this post. I DL'd, extracted and then deleted the tbl files from the RRM (or is it from CRM?) - to get rid of the 'An Evil Force' descriptions of Keys and Essences

Now, I don't know for sure how the RWM mod works, but as I recall reading a couple of years back: The -direct and -txt switches make the game run from txt files found in the 'Start in' path from the shortcut (or rather it converts the txt files to bin files and uses those, but they should be pretty much the same).

Now I'm getting to the point - Those bin files contain, among other things, the rune drop rates, right? The bin files are dated from september, iirc it matches with the last time I reinstalled.
Does that mean I've been running 1.13 *WITHOUT* the improved rune drops?[/Tinfoilhat]

Someone please tell me I got this all wrong and the bin files update properly with whatever new data is in the current patch.

I kind of sounds like you have been running without the new drop rates. I've seen one instance of this already.

-direct -txt tend to get lumped together but they are actually different commands.

-direct tells the game to your the bin files under the data folder rather than the bin files in the mpq.

-txt tells the game to compile the .txt files into .bin files (and extract from the patch.mpq if there are no .bin files.

So, you have two choices.

1. Just run vanilla unless you need to create a RWM runeword.

2. Delete all the .bin files to make sure they get re-created. (The -txt is the part of the command to check if they are not).

After that, I would hit up countess or LK for a bit. You should see Orts 5x as much as Els with the new odds. Realistically, this should be easy enough to spot within 5 or 6 rune drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High