Guardian Celes (Sept 2 of 7)

Vex_Nemox said:
NF- The belts I was crafting were being done by my level 79 Paladin. Also I know you can get +2 TREE skills with a 79. Shade or Thrugg would have to answer you more specifically.

On amulets +2 to a skill tree is alvl 40 (I think) and +2 all class skills is alvl 90.

The crafting formula outputs at ilvl = ilvl/2 + clvl/2. (each division rounds down seperately)

So you need to pick what amulets to use very carefully based on clvl and ilvl.

In SP we have the advantage of ATMA - gamble a whole bunch of amulets then check their ilvls :)

congrats nightfish!
even after twinking your chars a guardianship is a great achievement
well, maybe you ARE an uber player that can finish the game untwinked, but for me, I've never mat'ed /pat'ed anyone yet so a guardianship is *very* far away from me (mmm, I think I should join the spscl :))
anyway, congrats,you must be proud of it, and dont let a twink rule make you feel other way

Pucho

Hey Nightfish - those of us who yet have to yet to achieve the lofty heights of "Guardian" status don't appreciate you disparaging the achievement. You'll take the congratulations like a man, and you'll enjoy it! :)

So congrats on Guardian #2 - the other five can't be far behind at this rate.

Maybe you need to adopt some restricted form of twinking, to balance your desire to avoid tedious MF runs, with the sense of accomplishment you get when getting Guardian with an untwinked character. You could permit your characters a certain number of twinked items, but only at certain times (such as after completing a difficulty).

Chris

Congratulations fishy :)

I'll be expecting the next time by the end of the week as you've been faster with each and every one of these, it's only realistic to expect a guardian per day in the end, right :lol:

Congrats on the Guardian Nightfish! :worship:

I'm wondering something though, great name from the best game that ever existed also best female role in any FF IMO, so my question is, why didn't you go with a sword/shield like the real Celes?! :p

@Spook : FF3 rules everything, you have GOT to play it!

Spook_Cell said:
In my opinion the best female role is the white mage from FF1 or is she a he :scratch: .

Nah it's a He, like He-man but a lot less muscular. At least in the PSX version you can clearly see it's a He.

Congratz, NF.

Having approximately, um *counts quickly on his fingers* *very quickly, actually* zero Guardians, Mats, Pats or anything else, well, it sounds damned impressive to me. :p

Thanks everyone!

Ti-Ben said:
why didn't you go with a sword/shield like the real Celes?!

Because I wanted to live? :lol: Just imagine the real Celes using Lightning2 or Lightning3, then you've got amazon Celes with LF. So there. :p

Icebird, I'm already twinking only a few items in total. At first I considered waiting until hell but that doesn't really make sense as for me the game begins in Hell and I do believe I can get any of the 7 chars to act 1 Hell somehow. So, in the end I'd be rushing to hell just to beat my own rules... :teeth:

It's really like that, either I go MFing with each and every char and get bored quickly or I twink and get less of a kick out of my guardian. It's basically a no win situation.

Note, that I don't want to cheapen anyone else's accomplishment by that. That's just my personal oppinion on my characters.

Vex, I don't believe the Blood Helm would do me a lot of good. If it has 15% Deadly Strike that's really only 7.5% for me as my zon has about 50% Critical strike. But I agree with you, getting a lot of mods is cool, I always try to do that. Right now I'm a big fan of open wounds (does that sound sick? :scratch: ).

Shade, thanks for the info on +2 skills. I guess I'll have to level the lady to 90 after all...

Nightfish said:
Because I wanted to live? :lol: Just imagine the real Celes using Lightning2 or Lightning3, then you've got amazon Celes with LF. So there. :p

Well if you lvl her long enough, without using Espers she learns spells like Ice3, Ultima, and even Meteor I believe too. So you could use Frozen Arrow and use a sword :lol: Monsters would go down because that would be laughing too much. Maybe not the greatest strategy there is hehe.

Congrats...Just one noob question, how do you craft amulets? Or is that the 3 p-gem + magic item recipe?

Fafner said:
Congrats...Just one noob question, how do you craft amulets? Or is that the 3 p-gem + magic item recipe?

Crafting Recipies

There are links to Blood, Safety, Caster, and Hitpower crafts at the bottom of the page. Ammys are in there along with everything else.

i don't have any guardians, twinked or otherwise, so don't belittle the accmomplishment. in my book, a guardian is something to brag about, no matter how you get there. way to go NF!! :clap:

congrats fishy. and there shouldm be no hallow feeling playing a mortal.

ohh and dont say you hate druids until you play a untwinked werebear then you can start hating them.

once you twink them they are fun

Nice Guardian. Even though you may not be happy you had to twink, just remeber many people (me included) couldn't even get a Hardcore character out of Act II Normal, even with lots of twinking! :D Anyways congrats, and I compel you to give me that sweet amulet. :D

lone_wolf said:
ohh and dont say you hate druids until you play a untwinked werebear then you can start hating them.

I have! :lol: That's were 50% of my hatred comes from. God! These guys are so *slow*. The druid will undoubtedly my last sept guardian and probably the one I quit the game over. :teeth:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High