GoMule for D2 Resurrected

Could we also get an option to rename our character? Is that even possible?
Sometimes when resetting a character to a different build it bugs me that I can't change the name to match the build.
I have even restarted some builds just because of the name.
This would be a great suggestion to Blizzard. Maybe as part of respec or some other quest which have obsolete rewards (like getting a free merc in act 3 which has been pointless since LoD).

Reactions: Excalibur
Very odd Update. I rebooted my PC and checked to see if I could use the GoMule for D2R App normally moving items between the shared stash and character files. Suddenly it works again. I can move stuff and the save all function is working now. This is very odd.

So I moved some files around including my SP SharedStash file to another folder. I added the new stash location to GoMule but I cannot remove the old one/location. If I delete the old stash file, it turns red in GoMule. Does the GoMule Stashes folder need to be in the same director as the shared stash file?

edit: I just ended up making a new project and importing all the chars/stashes from their new location.

Last edited:
@gtpoestorage1: GoMule might not have write permissions where you copied it to. Did you put it into C:\Program Files? Try putting it elsewhere, like in the user directory.

If that's the case, it would be nice if GoMule reported that, but perhaps there's a different reason.

Edit: I overlooked that there were further postings after you made posting #119 (which I'm referring to), so this might be old news.

I am curious about the "stashes" and "sharedstashes", mainly the differences in how GoMule treats these files. I think that "stashes" are character specific that can hold quest items, keys, essences, etc, whereas "sharedstashes" are for things like uniques, sets, rares, runewords, runes, gems, etc, things that all characters can pull from.

Is my understanding correct? Or am I way overthinking it?

I was super-overthinking it. I figured out how to add the "sharedstashes" files (its saved in the same folder as your D2R characters). All good, nothing to see here...

Last edited:
Is there a way to change the default project that opens up when you first open GoMule? I have to select my new project from the drop down every time.

It's a minor thing but I created a new project and want it to default open to that. I can't delete the other one - it fires a message that I can't delete the default project.

Is there a way to change the default project that opens up when you first open GoMule? I have to select my new project from the drop down every time.

It's a minor thing but I created a new project and want it to default open to that. I can't delete the other one - it fires a message that I can't delete the default project.
I'll second this. Having it remember which was active last, or be able to set a default, would be amazing.

@silospen
Thank you for GoMule!

Edit: I had a question (edit 2 about the installing), but it appears I'm somewhat smarter than I thought, cause I figured it out! So that q is gone now...
Now all I need to do is start trying out your programme. I'm sure it will be fine!

Edit 2: nope, I'm not smart. I can't even find my chars to open them... Anyone who knows, please help? I have no .d2s files anywhere that I can see?

Last edited:
Thanks so much for returning to GoMule, @silospen!

I'm not sure if it's been reported... right-click 'Remove from Project' and Backspace does not work for Shared Stashes. Even after moving the shared stash out of the Save folder, GoMule still refuses to remove it; closing and reopening also does nothing.

Thanks again! D2(any flavor) wouldn't be as fun without GoMule.

@silospen
Thank you for GoMule!

Edit: I had a question (edit 2 about the installing), but it appears I'm somewhat smarter than I thought, cause I figured it out! So that q is gone now...
Now all I need to do is start trying out your programme. I'm sure it will be fine!

Edit 2: nope, I'm not smart. I can't even find my chars to open them... Anyone who knows, please help? I have no .d2s files anywhere that I can see?
In my install, in Windows 10, D2 characters are in User/Saved Games/Diablo II Resurrected/
(so, for me, jamesixgun/Saved Games/Diablo II Resurrected/

Surf there from GoMule's open Character dialog and it'll see the files.

In my install, in Windows 10, D2 characters are in User/Saved Games/Diablo II Resurrected/
(so, for me, jamesixgun/Saved Games/Diablo II Resurrected/

Surf there from GoMule's open Character dialog and it'll see the files.
Thank you, that was very helpful! Managed to find my saved files and start stashes :)

Reactions: jamesixgun
Very cool. Thank you silospen!

Do anyone have suggestions on how to move from ATMA to GoMule D2R in a good way? Could it be beneficial to move from ATMA -> GoMule -> GoMule D2R? I'm looking for a way to avoid dragging and dropping each single item in my ATMA stashes to a mule and then convert.

Very cool. Thank you silospen!

Do anyone have suggestions on how to move from ATMA to GoMule D2R in a good way? Could it be beneficial to move from ATMA -> GoMule -> GoMule D2R? I'm looking for a way to avoid dragging and dropping each single item in my ATMA stashes to a mule and then convert.
I think mule-based conversion is the only way, as they changed the file system (and noone has decoded the conversion as I understand).

My guess is there will be better bulk solution in the future, but that might be months down the line. So were it me, I should just send over what I need for now, and wait and see if a good bulk solution comes along.

I think mule-based conversion is the only way, as they changed the file system (and noone has decoded the conversion as I understand).

My guess is there will be better bulk solution in the future, but that might be months down the line. So were it me, I should just send over what I need for now, and wait and see if a good bulk solution comes along.
Thanks for the suggestion; that's probably what I'll do. It makes sense but goes a bit against my urge to have everything neatly organized.

Thanks so much for returning to GoMule, @silospen!

I'm not sure if it's been reported... right-click 'Remove from Project' and Backspace does not work for Shared Stashes. Even after moving the shared stash out of the Save folder, GoMule still refuses to remove it; closing and reopening also does nothing.

Thanks again! D2(any flavor) wouldn't be as fun without GoMule.
if it helps, you can remove it from the project config file (projects.properties, just a plain text file). Works fine (I had the same issue as you for a backup file). Still a bug but at least an easy workaround

Reactions: jamesixgun
New version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/gomule/R0.44/GoMuleR4.4.12_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

Changelog:
10/18/21: Display errors when saves fail. Prevent adding/opening chars/stashes that aren't accessible to GoMule
10/18/21: Fix bug which prevented shared stashes from being removed from projects
10/18/21: Set minimum window size when opening instead of maximizing
10/18/21: Persist the project name to the last opened project so it's the same one when you reopen GoMule

Thank you all for continuing to support each other and answer questions in here, I really appreciate it. Thank you for all the bug/feature requests you've continued putting in, it's worth underlining that I don't play diablo or use GoMule any more, so all of you are my eyes and ears when it comes to understanding what's tough to use in GoMule and what can make GoMule a better experience for everyone.

@Avengor - Thanks for the bug reports, now if you try to load or create a file where you don't have read and write access it'll give an error. The bug with shared stash removal is also fixed.

@krischan - thanks for all these! Like @art_vandelay said this wasn't an issue in classic. After testing, it looks like it also isn't an issue in D2R, though I agree it's confusing I don't plan to change the behavior at the moment. Maximized window is super annoying, I removed that so it'll just open to the size that fits everything inside itself on load. Text color blurryness is likely more local to your machine and while I could change things around a bit I don't want to mess with the themes (i'll probably end up making it look worse elsewhere). There's a list of themes I could support here - https://www.formdev.com/flatlaf/screenshots/ - at the moment only 'Flat Darcula' is in, let me know if any of the others look like you'd prefer them and it's no big deal to add them.

@gtpoestorage1 - Hope you're continuing to not have trouble after your reboot.

@shachashrimp - thanks for the bug report! The code was already in to do this, but for some reason it wasn't being activated correctly. It now will open the last open project first - let me know if that is sufficient or if you'd want some extra way to customize this.

@jamesixgun - Fixed, thanks!

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High