Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread

Were you banging your head on your keyboard too hard after reading a BA post? I'll ask him to stop.

That made me laugh a lot. Thanks mate.

Unfortunately as I age my spinal injury side effects are increasing in severity. Earlier this year I had really bad leg spasms that flipped my chair over and slammed my head into the ground. That interrupted (and ultimately ended, for now at least) my streaming. I got some medication and things quieted down and I was actually talking to my steam partner about starting up streaming again (especially since the 90's finally took their internet back and I have 30mbps down and 6-7 mbps up now) and then... 4 weeks ago tomorrow I was up at about 1:30 am grading papers and suddenly had a massive spasm and once again went over and smacked my head on the office floor (carpeted thankfully).

I actually came out of that one fairly okay. No symptoms. Fast forward to about 5:45 pm that day and I was again at my desk working and the worst spasm ever threw me over and was still accelerating me when my head hit. THAT hit has left me concussed and still dealing with the effects a month later to a much greater degree than the one earlier this year. I now have a massive cushion that I put behind me when I'm working and installed some anti-tip bars on my chair. So far I've not had another spasm so strong as to test whether the anti-tippers will keep me from going over.

To give a little idea of how strong this was, how quick, and how violent. I would estimate the 2nd of the two hits took perhaps 1.5 seconds total from the moment it began until the moment my head slammed into the ground. Some math suggests my head may have been traveling in excess of 35 mph when it hit. My desk, which is quite heavy, was moved nearly an entire foot by the force of the follow through from the fall, punching a hole in the wall and knocking my two monitors (Which are very stable and not close to the edge) off the back of the desk (no breakage thankfully).

To sum all of this up: two thoughts.

1.) I have absolutely ZERO idea how on earth athletes have sustained concussions (worse than mine in most cases) and continued to play high velocity sports as if nothing had happened. For the first week, if I moved my head more than a few millimeters a second, the pain was surreal.

2.) There is definitely a cumulative effect with concussions. The first one earlier this year was pretty bad. The back to back whammy a month ago was exponentially more damaging to day to day life.

The lesson? Be really careful with your head folks.

Jcakes ... I was asked by a friend to fix the problems with dark tower and run it again, properly advertised as a hidden mechanic/bastard game over at mafiascum. Thyiad graciously offered to host the full setup and I'll give her an html document after the game is run again.

Who on mafiascum, if you don't mind me asking?

I think the B5 game is about ready. Going to see if someone who can't play will review it and make sure I've not made any balance mistakes. I think given the proximity of Christmas and the New Year, the best bet will be to post signup/rules/game info and let signups go through the holidays and run the game when everyone has settled back into the non-holiday routine.

I never have finished it... I got lost in the cancelation/new station shuffle on the last season. Though come to think on it, I'm pretty sure I saw the last episode.

Conditionally, yes.

Well ... I guess I'll finish tinkering with the game. BPC said he'd check it to avoid any bastard issues and make sure it isn't broken (which will be sad because ... no BPC playing in said game). At that point I guess I'll pm the playgroup and see if enough people want to play.

I've been over at MS and the themed and large games have THREE WEEK day phases which very rapidly pass our record for most posts in an entire game. It's ... staggering.

Well ... I guess I'll finish tinkering with the game. BPC said he'd check it to avoid any bastard issues and make sure it isn't broken (which will be sad because ... no BPC playing in said game). At that point I guess I'll pm the playgroup and see if enough people want to play.

I've been over at MS and the themed and large games have THREE WEEK day phases which very rapidly pass our record for most posts in an entire game. It's ... staggering.
Are they fun like that? Do they have constant action or does it get slow and boring at times?

Twin Trap Mafia:
1 Watcher
1 Tracker
1 Watch-Immune Mafia
1 Track-Immune Mafia
5 Vanilla Townies

Anyone want in?

Ah, that majestic two-time serial killer victory. Good times.

Haven't been around for a while; forum has changed a lot, kind of minimalistic. Previous design (or at least the last one I saw before the current one) was the one I have liked the most over the years. Anyway, what's new? Are you all still playing mafia games?

Edit:
Just noticed that the site has changed the name back to purediablo.com. How come?

Last edited:
Ah, that majestic two-time serial killer victory. Good times.

Haven't been around for a while; forum has changed a lot, kind of minimalistic. Previous design (or at least the last one I saw before the current one) was the one I have liked the most over the years. Anyway, what's new? Are you all still playing mafia games?

Edit:
Just noticed that the site has changed the name back to purediablo.com. How come?

I like the site name change. We're roguishly independent, you might say.

Re: Mafia - I just assumed we were in an incredibly long night phase. I've been getting ready to Vote: Bad Ash for about a year and a half now.

Re: Mafia - I just assumed we were in an incredibly long night phase. I've been getting ready to Vote: Bad Ash for about a year and a half now.
Noodle had been mod killed for talking at night.

Found the post about the name change; feels right indeed, but I got used to the incgamers name though, so I feel like I travelled back in time a bit. I can't believe it's been 18 years, and I'm still annoyed I can't play Diablo in windows 8.1, I hope W10 fixes it. Thinking about jumping back into D3, but I haven't played since basically launch.

I've noticed that the overall activity of the site has waned, which makes me sad. Same thing happened to Lurker Lounge and now it's basically the same 5-8 users keeping it alive (a good thing, of course, but a bummer still). Anyway, I'll lurk around in hopes for another mafia game; will probably have to finally change my avatar, otherwise I'll get killed or lynched immediately.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High