Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread

Goryani and I talked for awhile tonight and agreed that we needed some more time to make sure the game is not broken and that it will be fun and enjoyable. Also, I believe Goryani has some RL things that make it ideal for us to move down a slot or two in the host order.

I am very much looking forward to the game though ... Goryani shared a really cool idea tonight I think everyone will like. Can't wait.

Everyone who bad mouths Babylon 5, any Star Trek, Stargate, Battlestar Gallactica, etc. gets to win now.

I absolutely cannot host during August due to real life. I hear that saying "Can't you keep it in a while longer?" isn't a polite thing to say to pregnant women. I just let Drixx know. We need to move down at least one spot.

/tag Jcakes
This is.... A good decision.

I absolutely cannot host during August due to real life. I hear that saying "Can't you keep it in a while longer?" isn't a polite thing to say to pregnant women. I just let Drixx know. We need to move down at least one spot.

/tag Jcakes

Duct tape fixes everything.... >.>

All of them, Drixx.

*Sadface* - I'm not a huge collector of television series. I do have a pretty nice collection of blu-ray movies, but I wait until they hit the 5.99 or 7.99 sale at Best Buy before I snag them.

The exceptions are - Babylon 5 (Full series and movie collection, DVD), LOST (Blu-ray collector's set), Battlestar Galactica (Blu-ray by season) and Fringe (Blu-ray by season).

All you have left to decry is LOST and you will have dismissed my entire taste in television as terrible. I know you have it in you!

LOST??? XD.... and here I was thinking there was something left worth salvaging... *sigh*

;)

LOST is okay. Sad it didn't continue past 3 seasons...

I didn't start watching LOST until the 6th season was in progress. Had a friend who guilted me until I watched and caught up in time for the series finale. It seems like people who watched from the beginning vs. people who came in later seem to have wildly different views on the show. I think a lot of people felt like they were telling a mystery story and they had an implicit expectation that all their questions would be answered, but really the show was about the characters and each of their respective journies ... and viewed through that lens, they did a pretty good job.

Do it Pharphis. I haven't caught Goryani on Skype recently. We've been developing part of the game separately so we don't contaminate each others' ideas. If I don't catch him soon I'll e-mail him what I've written and we'll finalize stuff. A mini-game is just what the doctor ordered.

As for Babylon 5 ... the creator originally pitched it to Rick Berman to be a Star Trek show, in 1989 or 1990. Berman laughed him out of the office, then immediately set about stealing the idea. Deep Space Nine got its pilot out a few months ahead of Babylon 5's pilot as a result, but with Rick Berman and the Star Trek regulars doing the writing, DS9 wasn't really a very coherent or well told story.

Contrasted with Babylon 5, which I consider to be possibly the best television series ever.
JMS is a terrible (comic book) writer.

JMS is a terrible (comic book) writer.

So glad you qualified that heh, since he won 2 Hugo awards for Babylon 5 individual episodes, and another 6 were nominated, but according to IMDB they were declined (probably so votes wouldn't be watered down among the various episodes?).

As an interesting bit of trivia for those who have already experienced B5 or decide to give it a go, among the awards on Ivanova's desk in the series finale is one of the Hugo awards.

Yeah, I didn't qualify it at first, but then I remembered that I really did like B5. I've not really read anything he's done, I've just read reviews about some of his comic arcs that made me glad I hadn't read them.

His Amazing Spider Man was actually pretty good back in the early 2000's. He stretched the character quite a bit. I didn't read anything else he did. He wrote "Changeling", which was that oscar nominated film Angelina Jolie was in a few years back where her kid was stolen and the police tried to give her some orphan and say it was her kid. (Based, supposedly, on actual events).

COPs mini game is underway. Drixx, if you could throw up sign-ups for your game with some basic rules or thoughts on what kind of game it will be, that would be great!

Due to real life concerns for Goryani, we need to drop a couple games down the list. I believe that would put Jcakes up next.

I'll start a side-queue. You will be asked after each game if you are able to Host, if not, then it goes to the main queue.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High