Faster than a charging paladin! PVP Frenzy Barb

Re: Faster than a charging paladin! PVP Frenzy Barb

Untwinked means not twinked ;)

Untwinked basically means your char will use whatever he/she can find, instead of having a preset or pre-made gear ready for them. :)

untwinked = use only items he finds... perhaps no uber gears, no big rune words, no super uniques...

is this build item-dependent?

*and not being allowed to trade with other characters

Very Interesting build. I'm gonna have to try this build out. i've always wanted to make a pvp frenzy.Any thoughts on max ww/frenzy hyrbid? Ya you would have to go with a lower bo but if u fill ur stash with frw/res Life/res charms it should prolly give u a decent amount of life to work with.

Sorry i should point out that this was pointed out in Kordova's post. But instead of just a few points in ww to go a max route

1 pt ww is there as a back up or if you want to do the frenzy to ww trick, however this is NOT a ww barb. Frenzy is the main focus and bo isn't something you can really afford to give up in duels.

This build cannot be made untwinked, the main body armor and two weapons need to be gg items or it wont work.

update~
i've gotten enough fwr charms so i can replace the nigma with a fort ap. The barb's a bvc monster now :D

more vids plz against quality classes, like hammers and smiters

Damn this look major fun, gonna try it out.

more vids plz against quality classes, like hammers and smiters

not sure what your idea of a quality class is but so far from testing the frenzybarb can tackle the following very very well ~ cold sorcs, lightning sorcs, cs zons, kick sins, shape shifting druids. Does well against bowazons (full speed gear), bone necros (full speed gear), fire sorcs, windy druids, zealers, trap sins, poison necroes.

Hardest duels are against fohers, ww barbs, smiters and hammerdins with hammerdins and fohers being the easiest of this group.

i'll get more videos up on the weekend~

update~ on inventory, I now use a fort, and nosferatu's coil instead of nigma and ik belt (got enough fwr charms to ditch the nigma). Highlords and tgods are used for lightning users, otherwise i use cats eye and nosferatu, or angelics and nosferatu.

what kind of fort?
haha i do like however the reference to smiters and hdins as quality chars

ok just makin sure you didnt put it in an armor with a speed penalty

so i was dueling some barbs, frenzy seemed to be a bit harder to use so i started experimenting with the 1pt ww i had. It seems if the barb is dual weilding, it doesn't matter what he weillds, grief + grief + fort will defeat them since every time it lands it does massive damage (i carry no damage reduction atm).

more importantly though the oddest complaint i got is that i kept dissappearing and hit them when they couldn't see me - read 'desynching'. All those fwr charms in the inventory give an advantage in ww duels o_O~

What i'm experimenting with now is doing short ww's, running around, and coming up from behind and doing a frenzy attack.

as for smiters, there have been several that have gone down in one or two hits but that's a sign of a horrible smiter build (40k+ def, max block etc). Everytime i've fought a good smiter with frenzy I simply couldn't win and had to resort to ww with an ebotdcb to win.

bottom line on smiters is if you're up against a good one, you don't really stand a chance with frenzy. Whip out the ww weapons.

windy druids seem to be easiest now since it's very easy to charge up a frenzy off the minions without getting hit by a tornado. Once charged it's very easy to desynch and catch the druid.

nice info, keep up the work!

what luck do you have with hdins? would WW actually be worse off than frenzy against some builds?

if you run at an hdin from 3 o clock to 6 o clock with full angelics, it tends to work well since it's a hammer blind spot.

imo after testing, frenzy would be a better choice over bvc ww for these ~

windy druids, trap sins, max block necromancers, cs zons.

frenzy doesn't top ww by a far margin (it's hard to beat leap tele ww), but it is good enough to have a niche of its own like a melee sorc.

alrighty, i've decided to put off the frenzy barb for now, and focus on another odd pvp build - fire druid.

i'll post some more videos with the frenzy barb when i get the chance but for now i encourage people who love frenzy barbs and love dueling to give this build a try ;)

I'm not sure if this is stickied in the PVP section (I'll check) but I'm pretty sure its not. I don't understand why that is as from the video's it seems that this barbarian would be faster then most or all other charcter's even if they have a high FCR. Barbarians have always been my favorite character and I'm finally glad someone has come up with a viable PVP character other then a typical WW BVC. I'm even considering scraping my current BVC and giving this one a shot. Good job on the guide and let us know how he does as you duel more characters.

err, dont scrap your bvc. When it comes to barb vs all, the bvc build fairs better than the frenzy build (frenzy simply cannot deal with good smiters)

Smiters aren't casters lol and anyways thats only one character type. I thought you'd have more confidence in your own build! :thumbup:

I'd like to personally keep this thread alive at the top of the forum so we can discuss the build more and get it stickied once we figured out all the problems.

The characters I can see this build having problems with are smiters (smite is unblockable), BVB's (basically built to kill other barbarians), zealots (max block/high defense and possibly life) and maybe hammerdins (holysheild/max block and also high defense). But aside from that I think most characters would be hard pressed to easily beat this character if you're smart about it and have ideal equipment. As another has said even without the FRW charms frenzy is easily charged up by running around hitting another monster which are plentiful in blood moor.

Wirlwind (1 pt) in my opinion would be a must for a variety of reasons. To get through bone walls/prisons easily from necromancers and to beat smiters. Also I think widowmaker would be a must simply to trigger aggression in camping trapsins and defensive hammerdins. Aside from that with enough damage and AR this barbarian should have no problem bleeding ES sorcs, cutting through bone armor and hitting characters that have max block. While max block is a problem for every barbarian they can always tank a good number of hits (even from hammers) and do such massive damage/OW to finish off the characters that you do have trouble hitting.

I don't know about other barbarian fans but I'm getting sick of going to the PVP section and seeing 50 PVP builds for palidans and most other characters and looking at the barbarian and seeing two guides for making a WW BVC and the breakpoints to hit max weapon speed.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High