Farming a SOJ

Arjan

Aug 10, 2021
For my sorc build I would really like a SOJ (or two for that matter, but let’s start with 1).

I have:
• a sorc (blizzballer lvl 61)
• act V merc
• questbugged NM Andy
• two respects
• gear for 275 MF (350 when I hit lvl 62) and room for more (4so armor with 2 pTopaz)

Act 7 NM Andy runs were hell. The merc died even with 90 poison immu because the sorc doesn’t do enough damage.

So I am thinking to use the NM respec and make her pure fire damage and keep her on farming Andy until I get my SoJ’s and then respec again for something end game worthy (which could be getting her back to blizzball again).

I think it’s either this or start on a fire claw werebear from scratch? Any thoughts on the amount of MF? Do I need to get it up more?

Your level is too low. Get up until lvl 85 on ancient tunnels or pindleskin (hell), and you'll be kicking NM andy like there's no tomorrow :)

Your level is too low. Get up until lvl 85 on ancient tunnels or pindleskin (hell), and you'll be kicking NM andy like there's no tomorrow :)
But doesn’t that take away the need for those SoJ’s? I mean if I can level up on Pindleskin then I should have my endgame gear ready anyway?

Ofcourse you could find good gear by the time you're in Hell dificulty, but leveling up will be the solution here imo. The difference in lvl should be great enough at clvl 85 so that monsters in NM Act1 (Andy is mlvl49) are really weak for you and your merc, then you don't need much gear to farm NM Andy for whatever purpose in a matter of seconds. End game gear takes time to farm, possibly much more than what it will take to kill Pindle a couple hundred times to clvl 90+.

I used a lowish level fire sorc on NM Andy for a while. (Never did get an SoJ.) It's probably the best damage you can get at lower levels. It's been a while, so it's hard to remember details. I was using an Act 1 merc on her, but it's very possible that I wasn't using a merc at all for the runs. (Because, as you said, the poison can get them pretty easily if you aren't paying attention.) I used Fireball over meteor, and just basically tanked stuff. Here's her mat thread with some details of the character.

I find Andy very easy with Meteor - if you clear out the foyer and teleport into the main chamber without opening the doors, you can lure her over to the doors and teleport back through them. You can tell when she's right next to the other side of the door by the green splashes that won't actually poison you or your merc. If you drop meteors as close as you can on your side of the closed doors, they'll take her down. Not the quickest way to run her, but super safe and effective.

Still in all accounts I can find the best source to get a SOJ. So yeah, it looks like I gotta run her anyway
In fact it depends on your own goal/current gear.

Mephisto NM is often a good place to stop for casters. Hell Andariel is better too due to elite and other good rings drops.

But if you are set on SoJ only, and on top of that a fire build, yes that's the best place overall.

Oh, and Normal Andy for 30MF Nagelrings. Yes, that's kinda stupid :p

Reactions: coju
In fact it depends on your own goal/current gear.

Mephisto NM is often a good place to stop for casters. Hell Andariel is better too due to elite and other good rings drops.

But if you are set on SoJ only, and on top of that a fire build, yes that's the best place overall.

Oh, and Normal Andy for 30MF Nagelrings. Yes, that's kinda stupid :p
I'm really glad normal andy isn't actually a thing

Reactions: Babyhell
1.00 Cowking

If your goal is getting just Stones of Jordan, anything from 1.00-1.06 is the way to go. You won't find much else of interest - I don't recall if 1.00-1.06 Raven Claws get the slvl 33 Exploding Arrow when brought forward - but you'll get plenty of SoJs (and potentially very strong rare rings/boots) and also get to play Classic.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High