Faithzon: Only makes sense in GMB?

saracen85

Oct 1, 2006
I've already matted a WF/Faith Multizon, semi-retired at level 90 right now. Naturally, I'd like to build a separate Faithzon for comparative purposes. Using the Damage Calc, assuming a mid-roll Pride/Might merc and 7FPA Multi, the damage numbers just don't seem to catch up to the WFzon.

Is my Faith (2/13 in Diamond Bow) the limiting factor? I remember back in the day there's that huge Faith vs WF debate (never concerned me because Faith + 1.11b). But it seems that it's leaning more towards the latter.

Thoughts?

Most accounts (that I find trustworthy) on the matter say that GMB Faith wins out BUT that assumes top end gear. You need to pretty much stuff her with max dam charms and have a godly circlet as well as min dam rings. The best circlet I have ever seen someone have on his bowa has 30 FRW/3os with three IAS/15 maxdam jewels, good luck getting something like that...

How much max dam did you assume when you did your calc? :unsure:

(Also on an SP unrelated note: I read in a guide by LastCorpse that on bnet Faith can easily lose to WF as soon as a Paladin with Fana is in the party because his aura will win out against yours but since you only get half the ED bonus from his you will essentially lose ED.)

Reactions: saracen85
Most accounts (that I find trustworthy) on the matter say that GMB Faith wins out BUT that assumes top end gear. You need to pretty much stuff her with max dam charms and have a godly circlet as well as min dam rings. The best circlet I have ever seen someone have on his bowa has 30 FRW/3os with three IAS/15 maxdam jewels, good luck getting something like that...

How much max dam did you assume when you did your calc? :unsure:

(Also on an SP unrelated note: I read in a guide by LastCorpse that on bnet Faith can easily lose to WF as soon as a Paladin with Fana is in the party because his aura will win out against yours but since you only get half the ED bonus from his you will essentially lose ED.)
For 2/13 Faith Diamond Bow;

32Max/45ias/24Life Helm
Fort
Nos Coil
LoH
War Travs
Atma's
Ravenfrost
Dual Leech Rare (Not sure I have any with +dmg)

For charms, I can get around 90 max damage if I forgo resists/fhr and whatnot. Unfortunately, no 1.07s.

This setup does higher min damage, but still lower average than a WF.

My WFzon uses a WF (35/15), with Razortail in place of Nos Coil, and a 85ed/45ias/20str helm

With Faith, I lose Max pierce (No issue, able to divert points from Penetrate) and KB (No issue as well, given I kill off-screen)

GMB means losing Atma's as well.

On side note: I was previously just thinking about this as well. Imagine a pally wearing multiple aura gear to show off, only to lose it all whenever he parties up :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: art_vandelay
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High