Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

With my daughters moving out, MrsNix and I were going through their old toy box and came across fairly large box of bits and pieces (Tazos, Polly Pocket, Puppy in my Pocket that type of thing) including a good number of rubber snakes, spiders and creepy crawlies. MrsNix was picking them up as if they were alive and flinching every time. She eventually got a pair of tongs to sort through them. I was laughing so hard I just about gave myself a heart attack. MrsNix was not impressed!!!!!

Lol. Not anymore. He quit after season 1.

The DH was always pretty lame like that.

With my daughters moving out, MrsNix and I were going through their old toy box and came across fairly large box of bits and pieces (Tazos, Polly Pocket, Puppy in my Pocket that type of thing) including a good number of rubber snakes, spiders and creepy crawlies. MrsNix was picking them up as if they were alive and flinching every time. She eventually got a pair of tongs to sort through them. I was laughing so hard I just about gave myself a heart attack. MrsNix was not impressed!!!!!

Lol, you should have gotten video.

Sounds like a very sensible lady. I would do the same.

Working on my final assignment on the course. About as interesting as watching paint dry. I am having smoked salmon carbonara for lunch though.

About as much fun as pretending you're working on typing and printing documents...

Enjoy! 2.5hrs left of work. *yays*

It's not quite a carbonara because I don't use eggs, but it is easy to make. The important thing is to stir in the salmon at the last minute and let it heat through with the heat of the food. If it cooks are all it becomes rubbery and horrible.

Cook pasta. While pasta is cooking fry some good smoky bacon (pancetta would be great), when crisp add cream, a little milk and some seasoning (salt or powdered stock, but be careful both the bacon and smoked salmon are salty too). Bring to the boil and gently reduce the volume to a thick sauce. Throw in the hot cooked pasta and mix. Just before serving throw in the shredded/chopped smoked salmon, gently mix and allow to sit off the heat for a minute or so until the salmon is warm. You can cook onion and garlic with the bacon, but I think it would kill the flavour of the salmon.

Last edited:
Cook pasta. While pasta is cooking fry some good smoky bacon (pancetta would be great), when crisp add cream, a little milk and some seasoning (salt or powdered stock, but be careful both the bacon and smoked salmon are salty too). Bring to the boil and gently reduce the volume to a thick sauce. Throw in the hot cooked pasta and mix. Just before serving throw in the shredded/chopped smoked salmon, gently mix and allow to sit off the heat for a minute or so until the salmon is warm. You can cook onion and garlic with the bacon, but I think it would kill the flavour of the salmon.

Thanks! I'll have to swap out the dairy but I'm used to that.

Not very nice. I hope Mrs. Kamap feels better soon. Do you know how long that type of injury generally lasts?

Still bored at work - under 30 mins left.

I'm also here. Bailed on work early because RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN DAY!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High