Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

No, I have not. I watched parts of Pitch Black some time ago, and it was pretty decent.
For the budget they had it´s an ok movie

The Chronicles of Riddick is one of those movies that I wouldn't mind to watch, yet I won't pay to see in theaters or rent. You like it?
Haven´t seen it in years, but i still remeber quotes and scens from it, It clearly is on my top 5 list of movies I like!

Ah, we have tennis fans here? Capital! I myself caught just the last few minutes. Like others, I'm not too surprised at the outcome. Federer is just...insanely good.
I saw the showdwn altough I did other stuff in between, I had my cards on fedderer all the time! In the end I thought routine would win So no "Cronnicles Of Roddick" I guess.

Altough Fedderer has his Cronnicle now!!

For the budget they had it´s an ok movie

Haven´t seen it in years, but i still remember quotes and scenes from it, It clearly is on my top 5 list of movies I like!

I was just reading up on The Chronicles of Riddick, and it seems to have gotten pretty poor reviews. That makes it somehow more endearing to me, however. I respect it when a somebody watches--and enjoys--a movie even though critics didn't like it. There's so many people out there who won't watch certain movies simply because the film critics disliked it.

My guilty pleasure is The Shadow. It did horrible in theaters, but I wanted to see it anyway, and I adore it! It's a great sci-fi/superhero flick.
Not a superhero that everybody has heard of, either. The Shadow was an old series that was played on the radio back before televisions were invented.

Anyhow, here's a bargin. I'll rent The Chronicles of Riddick if you rent The Shadow. Maybe we'll both discover something we like? :thumbup:
I see that Dame Judi Dench is in CoR. I like her a lot, so maybe it will go over well!

As far as recent movies are concerned, who is DYING to see Inglorious Basterds?!?!? I am!

+1 for Shadow.

It was shown on TV in my country a long time ago, and I really liked it.

I watched transformers2 recently, and it left me feeling something like this: :scratchchin:*

*click the smiley

@ Swil: I'm totally with you on the progression of games and how 3D doesn't make things better. Zelda: ALttP is certainly the epitome of them all in how it comes together (everything from OoT on seems like a LOT of empty space). Also, being a gamer since the mid '80s, there's no way I could avoid the Castlevania series. I'm not a big fan, really... but SotN is amazing, and is easily my favorite. I, too, might go out on a limb and say its the best PS1 game ever. It may be somewhat biased of me, but I compare SotN to Super Metroid, which is in my top five games of all time. And speaking of 2D, I was so psyched when I heard they made a new Mega Man game in '08 (?) that was styled in the old NES ways. While I doubt I'll ever play it, knowing that retro games are being made in the present day made me almost gleeful.

Yet, recent-ish 2D doesn't always mean awesomeness. I remember when Viewtiful Joe was being hyped, and I thought it was going to be one of the biggest games ever in the midst of its 3D brethren. And... well, it wasn't.

I missed the Wimbledon finals. Both of them. On both days, I turned on the TV as both Serena and Federer were giving victory interviews. Oh well. :coffee:

And +1 to giving "bad" movies a chance. Just like how FastE mentioned Hudson Hawk last week. That movie got ripped, but I like it a lot. Also, I don't remember Chronicles of Riddick to be as bad as they made it out to be; I mean, I don't remember it well (Judi Dench? Really??), so I guess it couldn't have been all bad. And sometimes the "good" movies don't deserve the light of day.

edit@FastE: I keep meaning to ask, but you said you were playing some shooters lately, right? What kind? Side-scrollers like Contra and the Metal Slug series (Love Metal Slug, myself) or top-downs like 1942 and Spy Hunter? Sorry if you don't recognize some of those names... If it's the top-down plane-type games, do you know Ikaruga? I think it's available on XBox Arcade. It's super difficult, but there's a really cool mechanic that you can switch your plane's shields to absorb the bullets fired at you if your shield matches their color. I'd recommend it highly, to you and to all who want some old-school styled top-down action that involves more strategy than just shooting everything before they shoot you and dodging bullets.

Last edited:
I should give poorly-reviewed movies another chance. The favorite movies list on my facebook profile is pretty much full of film critic darlings. :rolleyes:

I do feel perversely hip and free-thinking for having hated some film critic favorites, though. I might be the only person in the world who
- found Forrest Gump boring (not to mention annoying, with everyone quoting it all the time)
- rolled his eyes through most of Benjamin Button
- fell asleep in LotR (don't remember which one of the three)
- avoids watching any movie with Mel Gibson

:crazyeyes:

Yeah, I despised Gump too. Not my sort of film. That godawful drawling accent gave me a headache, which didn't help.

As for the LotR films... well, I love em all (bought the extended versions) but yes, they do drag on if you aren't into Tolkein's world, especially RotK. I remember sitting in the cinema desperately needing to relieve myself, thinking 'hurray, Frodo's destroyed the ring, I'll be outta here in 5 minutes', only to have to sit through another agonising half hour.

Hi!

Currently I have two vices - when trying to study at home - playing Diablo 2 and watching movies.

Last classic I saw was 2001: A Space Odyssey. As good as expected, Kubrick rules. Dr. Strangelove is still my favorite movie made by the genius.

I enjoyed the LotR saga, especially the first movie, but yes, it's too boring for me to watch them again.

Howdy SPF, I just want to say hello after a long long hiatus. Not going to play as much as before ofc as I now have to start to carry my own weight. I'm currently working on rolling a good countess map which is very difficult since the there are five variables (the tower enterance and four floors), also running LK for runes.

may your drops be green and gold

-sal

One thing I haven't really gotten into is watching old movies (before '80 or so). I know there are tons of gems out there, but I've just gotten used to the film quality (as in better colors, etc., not better made) of the recent movies.

Hi salvo! Good to see you back. :)

Speaking of old movies.

I love the '57 12 Angry Men! Amazing! And I have been wanting to see Citizen Kane.

Oh man, don't get me started on films today!

Pitch Black is pure win! And I liked Forrest Gump. I cried - the man took me on a rollercoaster ride of emotion!

There's loads of good old movies out there! Some of my favourites (mind you, I have a very limited spectra in this respect) include Hue & Cry (1947), The Birds (1963), Dillinger (1945), The Maltese Falcon (1941), Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1956), The Blob (1958). The TV series of The Untouchables (1959-1961) is also good.

Has anyone seen S. Darko yet? I'm tempted but I know it will suck.

Did you know Darren Aronofsky (Pi, The Fountain, The Wrestler) is remaking Robocop next year? I'm quite excited. Also, he was working on a Batman film *before* Batman Begins, but the idea fell through, and Christopher Nolan took over in the director's chair, reshaping the project.

@TRM: Shadowgrounds Survivor is a top-down shooter. Tyrian 2000 and Raptor: Call Of The Shadows are ye olde vertically-scrolling shmups. I guess I like shooting things. I hit a wall with Tyrian and I can't get DOSbox to run Raptor. Grr.

I had a great day with the ex, helping her finalise moving out. We had an awesome road trip, four cans of Relentless and such sing-along classics as 50 Cent, Beastie Boys, Blink 182 and Bryan Adams. Can you tell my playlist was alphabetised? :p

I WISH FALLOUT 3 WOULD HURRY UP AND DOWNLOAD!

I was visiting my father, but I'm going home in 47 mintues. Oh yeah. It's been confirmed. My tonsils will have to go, because they're infected with some bacteria. Hospital here I come(again -_-)

Work-RL : leaving in 15 min
Home-RL : Maybe some power drilling
Misc-RL : Answer FE

Running-D2 : NO!!
Farming-D2 : Maybe GF Barbie
Questing-D2 : Tha MA Sin

EDIT : Is this the daily? :)

Demand icecream after the surgery Pijus!

Priceless "old" games. Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 for Mega Drive, FFVII, FFX (the personal fav, wasted over 300 hours on this baby)

Personal favourite movie of all time would have to be The Blues Brothers. Belushi was a acting god and his passing was too early : (
In this and Animal House, he can and does single handedly dominate the movie.

I was visiting my father, but I'm going home in 47 mintues. Oh yeah. It's been confirmed. My tonsils will have to go, because they're infected with some bacteria. Hospital here I come(again -_-)

I´m mean how di remove The tonsils! go... but thats maybe not done

Back in LK!

*Waves flags*
*Salute is fired*
*Hot babes dance*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High