Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Whew. Easy couple of hours of 'work,' home just in time to catch some tennis, but not early enough for a nap before a grocery run with the stepdad: 2 hours later, I need BEER!

A Long Hammer, if you don't mind, and then I'll have, um. . ., a Long Hammer just before I have a Long Hammer and another Long Hammer. After that, I'll probably switch to Thunderhead.

Cheers!

not much. re-wrote my resume, currently renovating my cover letters. no d2 for 36 hours. i haven't had the itch yet, surprisingly.

thats great!

Ive been drinking since friday, gf is kind of :( about it, but well hell I´m on vaction :)

Is it hot in hanover? here its unbearable. :(

With the exception of the last two days, it's pretty dang hot here. Something like ten days of 100+ degree weather. Lately, though, we've been having some thunderstorm-y weather. Boy, it's great getting in my car to go to work at 2130 and it's not still 90 degrees inside.

Doing anything special with your vaca, Megs?

it's not too bad in hanover. the humidity is definitely rising (which means more sweat and discomfort), but it's not too hot.

Have fun in your vacay, but don't drink too much. :)

I really don't like humidity. Hope it goes away soon for you.

It was very very hot and humid the last few days, but now it seems to be getting better.

I'm going to have my tonsils removed. Hooray -_-

essojay: people prefer to sit on stools than lean on posts

I remember watching that film you're referring to in your sig, could you recommend some similar stuff to watch?

My signature? :crazyeyes: I didn't know it was a movie. I just put down "just because I can" ... because I can. :smug:

Well, I've got a Bellini opera on the stereo (La Sonnambula, Maria Callas, 1955ish), and am planning out a sinner for the Green tourney, so I guess I need a beer, huh.

I'll have a Thunderhead (Pyramid Brewery, godknowswhere). Pretty soon I need to start cooking up dinner for mominem, so I guess actually starting the envious sinner will have to wait until later, but I can still drink beer and listen to opera, yes?

Oh, maybe you mean my avatar.

My old avatar = Up
Still in theaters. Go watch it.

My new avatar = Spirited Away
Very cool and imaginative. One of my favorite movies, not just among animes either.

You should look up Hayao Miyazaki for his films.
My Friend Totoro
Howl's Moving Castle
Kiki's Delivery Service

When did essojay turn purple? I miss your old avatar.

The John Cena film I was harping on about was a big disappointment, as was the second in the double-feature He's Just Not That Into You, which hit a little close to home considering who I was watching it with.

I made my ex a champagne dinner as we found out yesterday she passed her English degree with a 2:1, which we were both really pleased about. We also finished off my bottle of schnapps. It was a nice evening, despite the two lame films.

Yeah, it feels kind of strange to see myself without the balloon man avatar.

I like being purple, but my bank account doesn't. :doh:

I should think of an animated avatar and a cooler signature to take advantage of my new privileges. Hmm.

Since essojay asked for more posts (and I hope he didn't mean fence posts), here you go:

[can a post in the bar be OT? Well, I'm going to attempt it. . .]

So, here's my plan for the Envious Sinner.
TS - 11+/-
FoF/CoT/BoI/DTail - 10+
PS - 20
F/BoS/SMaster - 5+/-
DFlight/Blade Fury/CoS/MB/prereqs - 1

So, she's not going to blow anything away, but she will have decent (or at least mediocre) levels of damage for 3 elements and Physical damage. I could forego TS and boost the synergies, but I'd really like to have a source of physical damage, if only for the boost it gives to Cobra Strike.

She also plans to use an A3 merc, since the tourney provides the most weapon options for him, and, anyway, ColdWolves rox sox.

Any thoughts/comments/concerns? Any advice (except scrap this and go trapsin)? My skill level is better than it was 6 months ago, so that's less of an issue than it used to be, but if the toon's no good, I have no prayer.

Anyway, if this is too OT for the Bar, apologies and please disregard.

[/OT]

And I'll have another Thunderhead, if you don't mind.

Double post? Fail. :tongue:

What if you maxed Death Sentry and Venom? Would it make your build too easy, breezy, cheesy?

Well, dinner was yummy and cooking it was fun (read: the grill ran out of gas, and it took me some minutes to get the fresh tank hooked up and operating, plus it was about 98 degrees F outside, about 112 under the overhang where there's no breeze, and about 125 next to the grill: good times).

Ok. So, esso, DS is out. I understand that it's a fabulous thing, death sentry, but if Nikita is going to use it, she may as well be a trapsin. Also, I guess the SM uses it occasionally? I'm hoping to leave her to the trapping.

As to Venom, I left it out initially because I expected to use emeralds in weapons and didn't want to nerf the damage, but on second thought if I stick emeralds in helms/armor I can avoid some hard skill points in dex and get some more vita. So V is a perfectly viable option, especially since its duration is likely faster than Nikita will be swinging her green weapon.

But easy, breezy, cheesy sounds right up my alley, for sure!

And I guess I'll have another thunderhead while I ponder further. Yummy.

Oh right, the tournament rules.

You're right about Nikita swinging faster than the poison lasts. Venom reduces duration as well as cutting down the damage, so as long as you keep renewing the poison, you'll be reaping full benefits of the emerald.

Here's to hoping you'll find the Death's set + Guillaume's Face + Angelic ammy/rings. :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High