Question Enigma Advice

Garthis

Sep 22, 2021
Hello Everyone!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I need a little advice :).

I just found my second Ber rune in LK tonight. With this Ber rune I am now sitting on 2 Ber, 1 Sur, 1 Lo, 1 Ohm, and 2 vex. Which is enough to make Enigma with some cubing.

My question is whether or not it would be a good idea to cube from the vex all the way up to the 3rd Ber to make my enigma. Or if it would be best to continue farming LK for another sur or another ber to avoid cubing.

I already have a Grief and a CTA if that factors into the advice :).

Thanks!!

What character do you want this for? Will you pass the enigma around to your other toons or not? Do you plan on trying to make multiple other high end runewords? Probably need a little more info to give you the best advice.

What character do you want this for? Will you pass the enigma around to your other toons or not? Do you plan on trying to make multiple other high end runewords? Probably need a little more info to give you the best advice.
Thank you for the response! I plan to pass it around between all my characters as needed. I would love to make other high end rune words down the road but don’t have any immediate plans at this point in time.

If you have no need for Hoto, Fortitude or some other runeword available with the lower runes, go for it. :)

Reactions: Arparrabiosa
Grats on the Bers! (and other HR's) (y)

IMO, Enigma is such a game changing runeword, that I don't think you'll regret making it. On the other hand, Bers are needed in so many other runewords and not exactly easy to get.. So I guess it comes down to how much in a rush you are getting the Enigma. How long have you run LK? How do you feel about continuing until getting maybe one more Ber so you don't burn all the other runes?

Do you have the base ready? Would be hilarious to find a Jah hunting for the base armor :poop:

I agree. enigma is game changing and accelerates your magic and rune finds in itself.

if you can do it I'd do it. I made my enigma from self found runes.

best decision in d2r.

If you already have CtA, Hoto, Grief, perhaps Fortitude, then I'd go for cubing.

Otherwise I'd stick it out for another Sur in LK just because it's pretty common drop in LK, and (statistically) will come quicker than finding the equivalent of Ohm/Lo runes.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I slept on it and put a lot more thought into this decision and I think it makes sense to keep up with the LK runs to find another Sur or Ber to make the enigma. The last 350 runs have been insane luck so hopefully I can keep it going :)

I forgot to mention I do already have a HOTO as well.

The Lo for Fortitude and the Vex/Ohm for Exile feels like a better use of the runes!

LD50 brought up a good point regarding the base. I have a perfect scarab husk with 15% ED for a total base armor of 545 with 3 sockets, I was considering using for my base but I read the repair costs will be insanely high. Is this correct? Otherwise I have a few white mage plates I could socket and use for enigma instead. Or should I go with something entirely different? Thoughts are appreciated :)

I don’t think you wear Enigma for its defence so using a superior base with superior repair bills would not be worthwhile for me. Also Enigma gives a nice boost to strength so going with a normal / exceptional base would possibly mean close to no extra points in strength after level1. Whatever you do go with a light armour base to reap full benefits of the faster run walk.

You could of course just keep rals at hand and repair the srmour in the cube. But I don’t trust myself enough to not remember the recipe incorrectly. “Was it not hel + tp scroll?” Transmute. “Oops”..

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
I don’t think you wear Enigma for its defence so using a superior base with superior repair bills would not be worthwhile for me. Also Enigma gives a nice boost to strength so going with a normal / exceptional base would possibly mean close to no extra points in strength after level1. Whatever you do go with a light armour base to reap full benefits of the faster run walk.

You could of course just keep rals at hand and repair the srmour in the cube. But I don’t trust myself enough to not remember the recipe incorrectly. “Was it not hel + tp scroll?” Transmute. “Oops”..
You are very right about that. It’s definitely not about the armor I just thought it would make for a cool piece having it in a perfect superior base :). I think I will probably pass on that then. Thoughts on the mage plate or would you lean towards a different base?

You are very right about that. It’s definitely not about the armor I just thought it would make for a cool piece having it in a perfect superior base :). I think I will probably pass on that then. Thoughts on the mage plate or would you lean towards a different base?
Maybe this has been mentioned, but in case it hasn't... Enigma has +defense, not +% defense, so the base armor isn't that big of a deal.

I went with Light Plate in 1.14d. No enigma in D2R for me yet.

Maybe this has been mentioned, but in case it hasn't... Enigma has +defense, not +% defense, so the base armor isn't that big of a deal.

I went with Light Plate in 1.14d. No enigma in D2R for me yet.
Excellent thank you for that! I am certainly leaning towards using one of my mage plates. Just have to get them out of my 2.4 stashes haha. Been lazy to convert ;)

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
As you can get Anni & Torch in D2R, you can wear Mage Plate with base strength.
In 1.14d: If you need to invest strength for a Monarch, you can wear a Mage Plate. If you don't (mainly Paladin and Assassins) go for a Breast Plate.

I would avoid any armour that requires points in strength to wear.

As you can get Anni & Torch in D2R, you can wear Mage Plate with base strength.
In 1.14d: If you need to invest strength for a Monarch, you can wear a Mage Plate. If you don't (mainly Paladin and Assassins) go for a Breast Plate.

I would avoid any armour that requires points in strength to wear.
Thank you for the response!! I made my enigma in a Mage Playe yesterday that I had sitting around. Next on the list is tracking down an anni and torch!!

Reactions: snickersnack
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High