DC Test Series Results: Raw Data & Discoveries

ok... one quick question. it took u an avrg to sell about 77 sojs everytime for him to spawn on .152... will selling around 80 sojs spawn him and ANY ip?. ppl say its random but looking at ur sellings they r triggered from a range

robin2010 said:
ok... one quick question. it took u an avrg to sell about 77 sojs everytime for him to spawn on .152... will selling around 80 sojs spawn him and ANY ip?. ppl say its random but looking at ur sellings they r triggered from a range

took me an average of ZERO sojs sold to get a butt load of annihilus does that affect this scientific average any?? Just musing

^ Nope.

Until you have a better theory that you can support with evidence, STFU. All of the evidence gleaned by Dredd is going to come with disclaimers and the like. Only Blizzard can be 100% sure of how the dclone thing works.

If you don't have an alternative/better theory that you can support WITH OBSERVABLE EVIDENCE, stop derailing these informative threads with your nonsense.

Nobody cares how many annihilus you leeched. The fact that you got them without selling a SoJ is specifically allowed for in Dredd's theory - one that happens to fit the observable evidence.

Stop trolling.

Dredd said:

I will cover killing tactics/build choices/desirable mods as well as I possibly can. However, the guide, in it's current state, is already 50+ pages long and I am trying to keep it under 15-20. Any more than that and I would feel terribly guilty about wasting this site's bandwidth. I don't pay the bills here so I want to keep the guide as informative and brief as possible.

I have RoadRunner Cable, so if its less than 5MB (i think), I can host it as well, if you want.

robin2010 said:

The exact number of sojs that must be sold to spawn Super Diablo is random each time, the range seems to be somewhere between 70-150. With only 8 recorded sets of numbers under my belt, it would be difficult for me to narrow that range any further.

Every IP shares this random factor, but they would all fall within the same 70-150 range.

Great info Dredd! Next time your ready to run another series of test I think that I have some sojs left on some of my non-ladder mules that I would be willing to donate to the cause. Not sure how many, but anything will help I'm sure.

Anyways, great post and looking forward to your guide.

Minimum SOJ's

I have personally seen the counter # being sold at 1soj. Btw dredd, i loved the testing. It helped me accumulate enough charms to outfit the rest of my hc chars +1 (got 4 charms from the testing). Now that +1 is going to be put to use on my Wind Druid i am starting.

I'm happy you picked up some charms during the testing, Crispy. :)

That was a crazy night ...

Zenkat said:
Will there be a part of the guide about easy clone slaying?

I'm sure some of the people are curious what characters are good at slaying, what tactics kill him fastest, and things along that line.

As people have mentioned in this thread (and elsewhere), the easiest way to kill the Dclone is Crushing Blow and Open Wounds (or Prevent Monster Heal). This is the fastest way, hands down. His resists are so high that no other method really cuts it. Sure, you can chip away at him for half an hour or so with magic-based attacks or regular physical damage, but the above method will kill him in less than 3 minutes if your AR is decent.

P.S. Great job, Dredd! I hope this silences all the naysayers and their conspiracy theories about Blizz controlling the Clone spawn and trying to trick people into selling their sojs. When you get the final guide together, please post a link.

squigipapa said:
Actually, I'd be willing to bet (1 diggler) that the counter gets reset when the server is rebooted. Woulden't be that hard to test, the next time one of you or I is on a server that gets a "this server will be shutting down in 5 mins" message, you sell one soj and note the counter. Then a little later that night or the next day or whatever try to get back on that IP, and sell an soj, even if it's not number one you should still be able to tell lets say it was 2877 when you got the reboot message and the next day (or whatever) when you get back on that IP and sell another and say the counter is at 4 or 5 then you can assume that the counter was reset on reboot. Just an idea for anyone the next time they get a reboot message.

Don't know about rebooting, but I was waiting for a game on a server. And everyone was booted off the server. Sounded like some guy purposely crashed the server. The seller was well pissed, but the counter was not reset luckily. Then it happened again, but still no counter reset.

finite truth

Frenzied Bovine said:
If you see a SoJ sold message in a game, you're on an IP that could potentially host a walk.

There are forums and irc channels out there where people record such sightings and list what servers are hot (lots of SoJ's sold rapidly), slow (a few SoJ's now and then, or dead (SoJ's were sold, but not anymore).

You can't. Just keep creating games until you land on the IP you want by chance. There is NO other way to do it.

soj's sold = stay put a wait your turn for DC....that's become an absolute truth. Thanks for your time and dedication to all things ABSOLUTE(odds)
Your research was a great read, just wish I wish I was bright enough to realize it myself. Thanks again Dredd. :buddies: This one's on me. Remember to post a link to your DC guide and any future articles that lead to your uture insights.

Graciously,

Mojojava

Super5 said:
As people have mentioned in this thread (and elsewhere), the easiest way to kill the Dclone is Crushing Blow and Open Wounds (or Prevent Monster Heal). This is the fastest way, hands down. His resists are so high that no other method really cuts it. Sure, you can chip away at him for half an hour or so with magic-based attacks or regular physical damage, but the above method will kill him in less than 3 minutes if your AR is decent.

P.S. Great job, Dredd! I hope this silences all the naysayers and their conspiracy theories about Blizz controlling the Clone spawn and trying to trick people into selling their sojs. When you get the final guide together, please post a link.

i agree. My IK barb with 40% crushing blow maul didnt even give him a chance to use his heal thingy. I got 2 shaels in it so i attacked pretty fast and when i hit him with CB it took off like 1/6 of his health. I was amazed how quick i killed him.

warlock_666 said:
i agree. My IK barb with 40% crushing blow maul didnt even give him a chance to use his heal thingy. I got 2 shaels in it so i attacked pretty fast and when i hit him with CB it took off like 1/6 of his health. I was amazed how quick i killed him.

I think some ppl shrug off the true potential of a good hammerdian. Every single one of my DC kills has been with my hammerdian, and he started killing DC at lvl 64. He is lvl 84 now doing 8K hammers and kills him in under a minute. I go through about 3 mana pots and 1-2 juvie(s).

Yaaawwwn.

*Rubs sleep out of eyes* :yawn:

G'morning, everybody. Corraborative screenshots taken during the testing are now available.

Linky linky.

Thanks to dop_obo for hosting them for me. I'd give ya a big hug dop, but you're like, a guy an' stuff. Can we settle for hoisting a few drinks instead? :buddies:

I would just like to say

AWESOME POST, GOOD DATA, THANK YOU FOR [pretty much] PROVING WRONG THOSE NAIVE SMARTASSES THAT THINK SOJS DO NOT AFFECT DCLONE!!!!!

Two :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CurryKing said:
Don't know about rebooting, but I was waiting for a game on a server. And everyone was booted off the server. Sounded like some guy purposely crashed the server. The seller was well pissed, but the counter was not reset luckily. Then it happened again, but still no counter reset.

The more people that park on a server waiting for the world event, the more stressfull it is to the server, I think. Eventually, the server just has a seizure and boots everyone off. It doesn't reset the soj count though. If you've been parked on a hot server that's been advertised on mirc or d2forums for more than a couple hours, the odds are good that you're going to be booted. On the bright side...that leaves the server empty, so it's easy to get onto. ;)

Crispy_Critter said:
I think some ppl shrug off the true potential of a good hammerdian. Every single one of my DC kills has been with my hammerdian, and he started killing DC at lvl 64. He is lvl 84 now doing 8K hammers and kills him in under a minute. I go through about 3 mana pots and 1-2 juvie(s).

My lvl 90 Zealot and his 89 merc can spank DC in a minute or so without any pots at all, after all the hype DC has actually turned out to be easier to kill than a herd of hell cows. I havent made a "Hammerdin" , "Fire Sorc", or "Wind Druid" yet I guess I should join the crowd=)

Cloud_Walker said:
I would just like to say

AWESOME POST, GOOD DATA, THANK YOU FOR [pretty much] PROVING WRONG THOSE NAIVE SMARTASSES THAT THINK SOJS DO NOT AFFECT DCLONE!!!!!

Two :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gotta leave an out eh?? " [pretty much] "

heh heh

conan said:
My lvl 90 Zealot and his 89 merc can spank DC in a minute or so without any pots at all, after all the hype DC has actually turned out to be easier to kill than a herd of hell cows.

A Zealot is one of the best possible Clone-killers out there; though just about any class can do it with sufficient gear (and by 'sufficient' I mean: Max resists and possibly a wee bit of absorb, a good amount of poison damage and decent damage output -- there is no need for a godly setup at all).

Yeah, DC is kind of a wimp -- 95% resist to everything and a boatload of hit points seemed scary on paper, but in practice he's not very tough at all. He dishes out a good amount of damage but his attacks are too slow.

On the other hand, I've seen him completely waste players sometimes. I'll never forget this one wind druid I help one time -- poor guy must have died half a dozen times in a minute -- apparantly he didn't trust that I wasn't going to just steal the charm and leave the game so he just kept running in there and dying. One time I actually saw him die to a single fire nova. Yikes!

The problem is usually lack of resists, lack of levels, or poor damage output.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High