Conqueror Cosmo, 1.11 vanilla HC naked Druid [by Insane Wayne]

Phosheez said:
Insane Wayne said:
You guys aren't gonna believe what happened during Hell Cows... :lipsrsealed:
I'll have Cosmo's final update posted tomorrow sometime.
Congrats wayne. Your skills and patience must be unbelieveable. Also, Ber ?? Zod???? tyreal's? dont keep us waiting too long

RIP said:
Cosmo can't be killed, he is immortal!I vote for BER...

Congrats on Your naked Guardian, this thread is always inspiration for me, if i have feeling, that my characters are underpowered :wink3:

And thanks for sharing Your experience from play with us 👍

Insane Wayne said:
"Entering the Moo Moo Farm"... what a strange location for the red portal! No need for me to pick a direction, because here comes the first herd, and the first first boss. My wolves were helpless. It was all I could do to keep 3 alive by spamming them. Jemali absorbed a lot of attacks. Three factors made progress possible:
Jemali's life pool protected him from hit recovery.
He never stopped jabbing.
He had 17% life leech (Bonehew Amn plus Tal's Mask)

Sometimes his life would drop to the red from a large number of individual blows, but I had a huge rejuv reservoir to save him. He steadily racked up kills, and as each bunch thinned out, the wolves could survive longer. I had to separate the Cow King; his Cursed attack plus minion support was too strong. But not even the King could hit harder than this uber Berserker Bovine! :rolleyes:

Slowly and surely we cleared the level, as I ran about popping chests, flipping rocks, etc... The magical drops were pretty sparse. No charms, no jewels, no greens/golds. Mostly white/socketed stuff. And three runes: El, Tir, and ????!

Astonishing! My highest HC rune ever. Best rune I've seen since 1.10 came out. From a stupid dinky cow chest, at p1, with a single-pass character! Crazy!
A while later, I was still buzzing about it, when suddenly I realized all the cows were dead. A quick lap around the farm confirmed it. Cosmo's journey is over.

I revisited earlier difficulties to cash in on a few worthless quest rewards. Cosmo is no longer naked! Now that Jemali has returned home, Cosmo protects himself with a new weapon (impressively modified by Charsi). He even bought himself a hat! Someday he might fill that socket, perhaps with a chipped skull, stamina jewel, or maybe a Vex rune... Any suggestions?

Guardian Cosmo, 1.11 naked HC Druid, level 88, retired
Endgame Stats
Summoning skills
Elemental skills

Guardian Jemali, Desert Might Merc, level 88, retired
Endgame Stats
Bonehew Ogre Axe
Jeweled Shako
Jeweler's Ancient Armor of Protection

Rare finds:
Vex (Hell Cows)
Pul (NM Forge, never used)
Horizon's (regular Hell WSK monster)
Shako (mage boss, Hell Lut Gholein Sewers)
Bonehew (Invader pack, Hell Kurast Causeway)
and 6 small vita charms: two 16s, 17, 18, 19 (with good Smoldering prefix), and 20. 😁
--------------------

Complete game clear (single-pass)
Maps rerolled: zero
Monsters parked: zero
NDEs: Hell Act 1 Catacombs. MSFE Afflicted boss. I lost the armor and 1000 life.
Hell Disused Fane. Nearly trapped several times while blind running through/from powerful boss packs.
Hell Act 4 Abyss Knight boss pack ranged ambush. Very little red in the bulb. I needed every bit of the Cyclone Armor and Oak Sage boost.

Thanks for reading! Sharing Cosmo's story made it much more fun. 👍
I'm taking a break from D2 for a while, but I'll stick around the forums if anyone has comments/questions.

Atil said:
Insane Wayne said:
Astonishing! My highest HC rune ever. Best rune I've seen since 1.10 came out. From a stupid dinky cow chest, at p1, with a single-pass character!
It couldn't have dropped to a more deserving guy.

Insane Wayne said:
I'm taking a break from D2 fo a while, but I'll stick around the forums if anyone has comments/questions.
Don't even think about leaving.

Dodgydave said:
Congrats again Wayne. That's well hmmmm... Insane I guess.

I always wondered why I could never find high runes. Now I know what I was doing wrong. I just have to do full clears with naked characters. Who knew it was so simple! 😉

LozHinge the Unhinged said:
Astounding achievement and a really entertaining thread.
Cosmo's endgame damage was sick - a minimum of 1 and could go as high as 2! 😆
I'm amazed also at the comparatively low defence on the merc's armour.

Congratulations and thanks, IW!

<wipes away a tear>

maareek said:
That's one of those achievements that can't really be congratulated in words...but I'll try anyway. Congrats on, yet another, amazing feat. Now, take a well deserved break before doing it all over again with a different char (just kidding. ;p)

I do like the wirt's leg imbues at the end of this and your other naked chars reports, though, that was quite humorous and somehow very fitting. Congrats, again, and thank you for the great read/trip. And I do mean trip, it feels like I traveled through the whole way with Cosmo and Jemali, which is no small feat and to do it on top of defeating Hell diff naked...is just amazing. I'll stop with the words, and just sit here with my jaw agape for a bit.

Cygnus said:
Congrats on the Guardian, Wayne! With your play style, the title really ought to be awarded after Hell Cows.

Not long ago, I came across your 'Gul' dagger screenshot. Glad to see you went one better this time!

Edit: Third nude Guardian in 2 weeks, after Dave and EasyGijs 😃

Insane Wayne said:
Cygnus said:
Not long ago, I came across your 'Gul' dagger screenshot. Glad to see you went one better this time!
Haha! Good eye. I was wondering if anyone would remember that. It was a Hellforge Gul, and utterly useless for that character. IIRC jiansonz found a Mal in that tourney, and sold it to an NPC for gambling money. :cool:
Gul is a terrible stand-alone rune. And Vex is almost as bad.

It's a shame that it's nearly impossible for a single-pass character to make a high-end RW, because they all require more than one rare rune. Sanctuary (Ko Ko Mal) is probably the rarest I've had access to (and that character had no use for it). Cosmo came pretty close to a HotO, lacking only the Ko.

Nerigazh said:
I'm curious, if you were to auction off that Cosmo's Wirt's Leg, what you could get for it. What high-rolling SPF collector's collection would be complete without a momento of such an amazing journey?

AJK said:
Exsqueeze me for not congratulating you earlier, but I had to see if you conquered the cows. And you did so gloriously. Much respect for this achievement. Guardianing any naked char displays a thorough understanding of the game's mechanics.

krovak said:
Congratulations!

I am glad that sirpoopsalot was wrong. When I first saw your "you guys won't believe this", I must admit that I was a bit worried, too. Enjoy your break and be back soon:thumbsup:

jiansonz said:
Insane Wayne said:
IIRC jiansonz found a Mal in that tourney, and sold it to an NPC for gambling money. :cool:
(raises hand). Yep, guilty as charged.

I haven´t read all of this thread, but I read the last part and know your playstyle and habits pretty well, so I can picture the journey pretty well, I think.

Some comments and questions:

* What were the points in Hurricane good for? :scratch:

* I really like that socketed armor! Cold damage, poison damage, lightning damage and a little resists, too.

* How long blindning time did the lvl 20 Ravens accomplish? Did they ever fail to blind regular monsters?

* Dammit, you always score better act 2 merc weapons than I do! Granted, you could focus your resources almost entirely on merc gear, but still. I have so far ended up with either Hone Sundan or some really lame rare/crafted elite. Rermeber that puny ethereal +94% damage imbued Colussus Voulge my 'rare plesures' necro had? 😁

* Interesting to read about merc weapon switch during battle. I see you had them stored in the Horadric Cube. I can imagine how that works.

* Big applause for a great accompishment!! :jig:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High