Conqueror Cosmo, 1.11 vanilla HC naked Druid [by Insane Wayne]

Sinningthings said:
Like the rest of he forum I've followed Cosmo each step of the way, eagerly waiting for the next instalment. Thank you for the entertaining thread. I'll miss Cosmo. :cry:
Sooo.... what's next a pally?:wink3:

zodwizard said:
"zodwizard bows respectfully'

Awesomeness... especially the in your face punch to Baal at games end.

What's next in your diablo career? After 2 naked guardians, anything else might be anti-climatic.

-Zodwizard.

Insane Wayne said:
Wow! Great work guys, you actually made a dent (3%) in my Photobucket bandwidth limit! Thousands of hits this month! Thanks for reading! 😁

Reborn2k said:
What will be next your next project after you cleared the cow level with Cosmo?
No new projects for a long time. Chicago's summertime weather will keep me outdoors a lot.

maxicek said:
The write ups are a great read, you must spend almost as much time writing as you do playing.
Throughout the latter part of Act 5 Hell, yes, nearly equal time for each.

EasyGijs said:
Baal at p8? truely insanity, I gues the slowing of kelpie must have helped you a lot.
Baal is 99% easier with enough slowing. If I had additional slowing (Holy Freeze/Decrep) he never would've moved after the first hit. (pretty much sit still waiting to die).

azn_apocalypse said:
Curious - did you even get hit once by Burning Soul lightning, and how much life did it take off?
Yes, I was hit with by individual shots, sometimes 2 or 3 in a row. Cyclone armor absorbed the first 1 or 2 hits. After that I lost hundreds of life and went into hit recovery. I never took a full blast from multiple souls at once. I'm not sure exactly how much life I lost because I always hit a rejuv. Back in in Hell Act 3 a champion gloam killed my armor and took off 572 life.

Brak said:
Incredibly insane accomplishment. I've also been quietly following your progress in this thread and truly enjoyed the great read. Good luck with the cows.

You may have inspired me to try out a naked Barb. I don't know if I have the time for it, but I may get one up and running over the weekend. Could be fun.

Nerigazh said:
Congratulations!! As many have said, it's not just the enormity of the accomplishment, but the entertainment of the write-ups. Hell, I would have really enjoyed them even if you weren't a naked char :wink3:

Brak said:
just curious about the mercs for naked play.

Noticed for your zon you used a HF merc and Cosmo mainly used a might merc. I'm guessing you went for might with the later because you had enough crowd control with a Druid to not need the HF aura. Do you consider the other mercs even a possibility? It seems as though the Act 2 mercs are superior simply because you have more weapon choices (spears and polearms) and there are some nice mods you can get on the uniques for Act 2 mercs. Throw in the free aura and it's almost a no brainer. But would you go with a barb if the right sword showed up (like maybe runes for Lawbringer), or a Rogue if you got a lucky bow drop?

Insane Wayne said:
You guys aren't gonna believe what happened during Hell Cows... :lipsrsealed:
I'll have Cosmo's final update posted tomorrow sometime.

@Thyiad: Love the sig. Thanks. 😃

@Brak: I'm a big fan of alternate mercs. I've used cold/fire Rogues and cold Iron Wolves in several tourneys (by choice or because the rules said so) and I like them all. For naked play, I'd exclude Iron Wolves, because I need my mercs to apply special attacks like OW, CB, monster slow, etc... depending on the circumstances.

Yes, Act 2 mercs were my preferred choice due in part to all the fairly common unique polearms with nice mods. But if my drops were different, I'd be willing to switch mercs. For example, if Cosmo was approaching Hell Difficulty without any good Act 2 merc weapons, and a Witchwild dropped; I'd probably hire a fire rogue and max Grizzly. They would tear through the PIs that gave me problems. Add Boneflesh/Riphook/Guillaume's... hell yes!

Lawbringer (awesome!) is RWM and therefore not an option for my vanilla style. But there are several useful unique swords that might convince me to go with a barb. And if I found the right eth elite sword for a nice runeword, who knows?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High