Conqueror Cosmo, 1.11 vanilla HC naked Druid [by Insane Wayne]

Insane Wayne said:
Baal's Throne of Destruction! Hell's final chance to hit me with a stairtrap, and the gaming gods decided to make good on that threat. We were instantly bombarded with fire spells from both sides, from pit lords and vampires. I pushed a vampire away with a boulder, and split my team. It was uncomfortable, but soon I was out of harm's way and had some control. I waited for Jemali to finish his side, then we re-grouped.

The immediate danger was gone, and two of the monster types were identified. Only one monster type remained. I've missed out on gloams all through Acts 4 and 5. Will I ever see them? What are the chances they would finally make an appearance, at the very last possible opportunity? In Cosmo's case, 100%! A long-range scan through the wall confirmed it! Ah, D2, you fickle mistress... I expected no less.

Now that I knew what awaited me, the question was, how much hallway space could I safely secure before tangling with burning souls? The answer: none. :nervous:

OK then, let's get to it. Their initial assault pushed us back towards the stairs, and I ran out before they flooded the area. After re-entry, I cast a wolf near the corner, barely in their range of sight. Some of them shot at the wolf, and I immediately ran out again. Next entry, same thing. I was teasing them in hopes of luring a couple towards us, away from their comrades. It worked, sort of. I had a couple under control, and Jemali killed one, but a few more minions soon joined us. Utter chaos! Ravens pecked a couple, but the rest zipped around, teleporting and firing from the edges, out of raven range. I dodged between the streams as best I could; enough to survive, but unable to manage the fight. However, whenever Jemali and a raven teamed up, we'd score a kill. The boss never joined us. As we stood among the minion remains, I spotted him. Alone, he was not a problem.

Next challenge (ten steps away): an Extra Fast Vampire pack. No big deal, but more souls disrupted the scene. We followed a chain of them, encountering some minions. No clue what the mods were yet, but one shot crippled my armor, and the next put me in hit recovery as I was fleeing. Good thing I'd gotten out of firing range! Advancing through that hallway really sucked, there was nothing to hide behind. I went through a few purples getting to the next corner. Holy crap!

I stayed behind the wall, although it was impossible for me to cast through it. As my pets perished, I recast them near the pillar, and they ran to the battle on their own. Sorry guys, no help from me! They did a sloppy job. I scowled as Jemali gave up on the slivered boss, and attacked its neighbor instead. True moron essence. One of the minions teleported to me, so I smashed him back towards the crowd. Get back in the ring, you bum!

Jemali came through for me. He tanked pretty well. After mopping up that corner, I had a nice strip of cleared area for strategic retreating. We worked back towards the opposite side. My whole team got wasted by a huge mixed crowd, and I feared another boss soul pack. But the culprit was a boss pit lord, easily pulled around a corner and isolated.

The rest of the outside edges contained normal monsters. Plenty of souls, but nothing got out of control. Soon we were approaching the throne room, guarded by a CE Cursed pit lord. Souls made a final appearance, so I hid behind an obstacle.

Baal's Minions: I went to p8 for these guys. Cosmo's journey is almost over, why not crank it up a notch?

Colenzo the "Annihilator": Pfft... not even worth a screenshot. Next!
Achmel: We lured away the skeletons. Vines ate 'em up. Jemali tanked and leeched the unravellers. I stayed out of the poison aura.
Bartuc: His crew scored some hits, but they didn't last long.
Ventar: Tough battle. They were impossible to split in small groups. I used all my tricks. Slowing, chilling, boulder knockback, and dozens of wolves. Slow and steady.
Lister: He rolled Extra Strong. After breaking the boss leash, most of my time was spent luring them away singly or in pairs. Each one got the amp treatment, and fell quickly. Lister put up a fight, busting up our formations and knocking out wolves left and right. In the end, Jemali's Might + amp + Bonehew ruined him.

I stayed at p8 for Baal, and he came out swinging. We couldn't even get close to him. His ice wedge sent me reeling, the sage poofed away, and tentacles were everywhere. Then he cloned. I hobbled towards the side wall and portaled out. Next try, I snuck in and nailed him wih Arctic Blast. He attacked me, allowing Jemali to score a hit with Kelpie Snare. The slowing didn't completety shut him down, but it prevented his major attacks. He still cast some spells, which a pillar protected me from. I worked the Malice into Jemali's attack, to lower Baal's defense. Then the amp stick, followed by Hone Sundan. I made sure to refresh the Kelpie slowing often. Here's Baal amped and bleeding. As Baal expired, Cosmo began taunting and humiliated him with a punching attack. (The LCS indicates 3-6 blue damage, but I later determined it's a display bug from Might + cold skill). Baal's drop was lackluster. Tyrael came for a visit, and we posed for a group photo.

What a rush! Those soul packs added some icing to the cake. But I won't be satisfied until the last cow is dead and barbecued. One final task remains, so I'm off to fetch Wirt's leg. I used my final socket quest on Tal's helm, adding the plain fervor jewel. Jemali will use it to start the cow level. Cosmo is fully stocked. The entrance will not be easy, I'm sure.

Guardian Cosmo, 1.11 naked HC Druid, level 88, Act 1 Hell, Hell Cows

Reborn2k said:
Amazing! You impressed me that much that I don't really know what to say. It's an awesome achievement, that's for sure! Congratulations! :) I hope you won't bite the dust in the cow level...

What will be next your next project after you cleared the cow level with Cosmo?

Atil said:
Guardian Cosmo eh? Meh...I've seen better :laugh:

Outstanding achievement, not only the incredible character but also the hugely entertaining thread. Like LD50 said, the punch at the end is a touch of class.

Very well done and many congratulations.

Joosh said:
Hmm i've got nothing to say...

You've done it all Wayne you truly have earned yourself the title 'Insane'.

A big kudos from me I don't what I can say too you, but I am F****n impressed

If you ever need anything just ask, I may not know you but I still feel I'm in your debt :laugh:

Well Done Mate!😄

Congratulations from Down Under ;)

LozHinge the Unhinged said:
[applause]

Congratulations, IW, on a remarkable achievement - naked, P7/8, single pass, HC - player skills were key in this.
And a fantastic read, too! So many have been enthralled by this thread!

Thanks for posting.

[more applause]

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High