Conqueror Alkithoe, 1.11 HC naked zon [by Insane Wayne]

DeathMaster said:
This is amazing :shocked:

Good luck with cowz. The biggest problem with them is you don't have space. Once your merc been "hacked" down, your line of defence will be broken. The more you move, the more cowz will chase after you. Maybe give your merc a set of better gears (if you allow).

jiansonz said:
DeathMaster said:
Good luck with cowz. The biggest problem with them is you don't have space. Once your merc been "hacked" down, your line of defence will be broken.
Not true, it´s rather the killing power that goes down most if the merc dies. The valkyrie is a much tougher tank than the merc. And then there´s the Decoy to help as well.

Arreat_mercenary said:
WOW!!!

Congrats Wayne!!!! One of the most amazing achievement ever, this should be either stickied or shown in the amazon forum! NAKED GUARDIAN!!!!

(you need harmony, CoH, enigma and a large etc in order to make a patriarch, yeah right..................)

Deaddave said:
i said it before il say it again U NUTTER.
magor congrats i cant belive you actuly did it
i think the only thing you have left is to reach lvl99 lol
cat hrus i think we need this sticked for all time to show whats possable with alot of hacks... i mean skill:rolleyes:

chumley669 said:
An outstanding accomplishment, congratulations Wayne! I agree with the sentiment that this should be stickied. I chuckle to myself everytime I think about that poor lost soul's request of Blizzard to make SP easier, since it was just too hard to be any fun.

Atil said:
Congratulations Insane Wayne. Your skill in the game is incredible, your write-ups are always worth reading and your paitence and perseverence are to be admired (and you even had time to find a Unique Boss Scimitar :cool:)

TedDeeBoy said:
Wayne congratulations, you demonstrated a new level of nekkid charater playing abilities with the nekkid passive zon Guardian full clears. Just fantastic to battle through the last part of A5 with all of the FrenzyTaur maps on offer. GG clearing the cows then she can kick back and have a BBQ

Other insane builds to try , nekkid Golemmancer, nekkid summoner Druid, or nekkid passive barb ok the last one is true suicide, nekkid singer might be possible.

I am sure Amazon forum would be extremely interested with this thread.

tragor said:
Just amazing, Wayne. I'm absolutely gob-smacked.

Congratulations on a superlative feat and a really good read.

👍 👍 👍 👍

Your name is well-earned. You are truly insane, but apparently it works for you. LOL!!

Insane Wayne said:
Thanks, I appreciate the comments and compliments! 😃
I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. I'll have a Hell Cow report soon and a full breakdown.

Deaddave said:
i think the only thing you have left is to reach lvl99 lol
That is something I could never do. I'd rather spend that time questing with new builds. 99 was recently done in HC I believe. That's thousands of exposures to conviction souls/ stairtraps, etc... without dying! Amazing!

i can give you strong heathly children. :)[/quote said:
You are speaking to Alkithoe of course? Too late, she hooked up with Geglash! :undecided: (They like bare-knuckle boxing together.)

Samsung said:
How about a naked assassin now ^.^
TedDeeBoy said:
Other insane builds to try , nekkid Golemmancer, nekkid summoner Druid, or nekkid passive barb ok the last one is true suicide, nekkid singer might be possible.
I believe all those builds are possible. Of my five guardians, one was a Golemancer (max Clay, golem mastery, CE,). Another was a summon-tree-only Druid (max raven, oak sage, dire wolf, grizzly). Both builds benefited from excellent frontline protection, just like Alkithoe. Summon druid with Cyclone armor would be my best bet. But that will be for someone else to try...

jiansonz said:
Been there, done that. Always a relief when you pick the 'correct' side first.
Happened with Alkithoe a few times. She had "help from above", especially here. (note the map entrance) Merc chose a "downward" path, towards some mages. Lucky.

Drystan said:
Amazing! Congrats! (Repeats what everyone has said again!)
You are truly deserving of the title, both Insane and Guardian! :D
And you write in such an amazing and entertaining way!
Congrats again. Have a beer on me at the EMB (or your favourite drink.)

DarkChaos said:
Insane Wayne said:
That is something I could never do. I'd rather spend that time questing with new builds. 99 was recently done in HC I believe. That's thousands of exposures to conviction souls/ stairtraps, etc... without dying! Amazing!
I just have to say that your accomplishment is greater than 99... I simply had a lot of time, patience and gear to get 99, dying is not an issue once you learn the Throne room in your sleep. I doubt I could ever take a character naked throughout the game. I tried, once, (although, merc had no gear either), and even with an overpowered class like a Summoning necro, I couldn't beat Act2 Hell and suffered deeds somewhere in that act...

Insane Wayne said:
I started Hell Cows at p3, for the sake of a better Cow King drop. I was quickly challenged by a dozen cows, but the valk easily tanked them. With Holy Freeze active, she can tank more than that (unless there's a nasty boss pack.) Mizan jabbed away while I protected him with Decoys.

I soon found the King and lured him out. Mizan got the MF armors, one last time. Good drop. 👍
The Demon Limb rolled great damage (228%) but only 7% LL and 16% fire resist.

I cleared the remaining cows at p1. I used up my remaining rejuvs for Mizan against the boss packs. He died a few times, and I took one hit, from a Cursed Extra Strong Extra Fast minion (lost half my life). Otherwise no danger. I found one last unique: Blackleech Blade Bill.

After one last spurt of cow blood, Alkithoe's killing spree was over. I never got a chance to use all my imbues. Throughout Hell, I only found one ethereal elite merc weapon without sockets. That was a Great Poleaxe and the imbue was garbage. I used another imbue and a personalization to make this. A silly little memento. What better way to celebrate than to cast meteors with Wirt's Leg? :badteeth:

Guardian Alkithoe, 1.11 vanilla naked HC zon, level 87

Final Stats and Skills.
Heavily diminishing returns on the D/A/E, but every point helps.

Mizan, Holy Freeze Merc, level 87

Final Stats

Endgame gear:
Pierre Tombale's Cryptic Axe, dropped by NM Diablo, upgraded and socketed with Shael.
Vampire Gaze Grim Helm, dropped in NM Glacial Trail, socketed with Crimson Jewel of Fervor.
"Duress" Loricated Mail.
Woestave Bec-de-Corbin, dropped in NM Arreat Plateau, socketed with Emerald Jewel of Fervor. Arguably my best find, the blinding and slowing helped neutralize gloams and souls, the most dangerous monsters I fought (hid from).

Monsters parked: zero (unless you count the river snakes Mizan couldn't reach)
Maps rerolled: zero
NDEs: several. Gloam lightning was the worst. Evade saved me a couple times. Occasional elemental monster hits/novas took off 1000+ life. No extreme NDEs or mobbings though.

Overall, I'd say Alkithoe's item finds were streaky, but good. I found nothing decent until NM Diablo dropped Pierre Tombale's. Then I found Woestave, VG, and Shaftstop in Act 5. I knew that keeping Mizan dressed in PTopaz armor/helm (and p8 full clears) would eventually pay off! A few decent finds in Hell, but nothing helped Alkithoe much.

Alkithoe's rune luck: Excellent.
Um from NM Hellforge (eventual Duress). My best rune drop.
Pul from Hell Hellforge. (enabled elite upgrade for Pierre Tombale's).
In addition; Lem (Hell WSK), Lum, Dol, a few Sols and Shaels. A couple Sols were used for spear crafting, which was a disaster.

Final Thoughts:
I've seen a few comments like, "Wow, amazing concentration" or "isn't your wrist sore?"
Not true. Many of the battles, even in Hell, were on auto-pilot. A beefed-up valk is the most powerful tank in the game. Very few mobs can kill her. As soon as I had a Decoy cast to protect Mizan, I was free to watch sports on TV, do some stretching, drink beer...etc. Of course, I always had one eye on the action, but I've definitely played characters that were more grueling than Alkithoe (like my HC BowBarb).

That being said, there were certain areas that demanded the utmost attention. Those situations were the toughest in my D2 career, and I felt I was at the top of my game. The two biggest factors for Alkithoe's success: experience and patience. I gained experience in tourneys here, which taught me strategy, map knowledge, and monster knowledge. I learned patience through underpowered builds, plus HC play.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High