Conqueror Alkithoe, 1.11 HC naked zon [by Insane Wayne]

Insane Wayne said:
Wow, that was a fun read, thanks for finding it! I liked the captions. 👍

Actually, there was frequent mention of a merc being used (Smith, Duriel, Act 3) but they seemed to be very fragile. Too bad that some of the chapters/screens are missing.

Pre-expansion, Version 1.05? That takes me back to my noob days. I can't relate. I have no knowledge of sorc spells, mercenary effectiveness, or monster strength back in those days. Seeing the "Fastest Run Walk" boots triggered a memory, I do remember those.

I don't get the bit about the Gothic Bow, or why it mattered. That must've been before elite items were created. Also I was surprised to see that Diablo quest could be finished before smashing Meph's soulstone.

Finishing Normal was awesome. Too bad about the stairtraip in Act 1 NM. Fast CE monsters right in your face, yikes! That is definitely the major threat to this build. I think I would focus in one knock-out skill, instead of spreading out skillpoints. But again I have no idea about how things worked back then. RIP NakedBabe.

jiansonz said:
Thanks for that link. I thought NakedBabe was lost in Cyberspace years ago. This story, along with Sirian´s excellent work, has been a great inspiration for me.

I think it´s Classic v1.03. Sorcs were very fragile, their spells not very powerful and mana was hard to come by (potions could not be bought). On the other hand, sorc spells had no timers, so you could have like 15 Blizzards and 15 Hydras going at the same time, if you had the mana for it and your computer could handle that much fireworks...

I actually have a D2X v1.09 equivalent to this character. Merc was used sparingly (about the same places as with NakedBabe), and was not equipped with any items. I have written a very long and detailed story about the path through Normal (I have not dared venture further...) with a great number of screenshots. It´s also in the form of HTML pages with pictures. Unfortunately, it´s only in Swedish so far (the story was a Christmas gift for my brother and my cousin).

Insane Wayne said:
I noticed it said version 1.05 on the top screenshot of chapter 3, that's the only way I knew. But I have no idea about the differences between 1.03 -> 1.05. Timerless blizzards?! What a mess! I suppose it more closely resembles a real blizzard.

Could the mercs actually do any damage back then?

jiansonz said:
Twibz said:
Just gunna bump this again as i also wanna know if there are any other stories out there of naked guardians or extremely difficult tournies.
The hardest tournies I've played are All Alone (I had two HF Zealots killed in Act III Temples in Normal, plus I am very proud to have defeated Hell Duriel with a Phoenix Striker in such a tourney (was down to half life with no potion left when he died!) but then died in a temple the next act) and Bounty Hunter's Heaven. Search the tourney listing for those.

I also remember reading about a tourney that was nearly impossible to get through even the first act in: the only way you were allowed to heal your character was with level-ups!

Twibz said:
jiansonz said:
The hardest tournies I've played are All Alone (I had two HF Zealots killed in Act III Temples in Normal, plus I am very proud to have defeated Hell Duriel with a Phoenix Striker in such a tourney (was down to half life with no potion left when he died!) but then died in a temple the next act) and Bounty Hunter's Heaven. Search the tourney listing for those.

I also remember reading about a tourney that was nearly impossible to get through even the first act in: the only way you were allowed to heal your character was with level-ups!
Thanks Jiansonz

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High