Conqueror Alkithoe, 1.11 HC naked zon [by Insane Wayne]

Drystan said:
Pure poison can not kill? Wow! I knew (from when the Conscription ring [-100 life drain] was in my SP despite never being able to use it) that life drain couldn't kill, but poison... Wow!
What of my merc always dying to poison in town? Is that the physical as well, or just different for mercs?

waflob said:
Drystan said:
What of my merc always dying to poison in town? Is that the physical as well, or just different for mercs?
It's different for mercs. You've still got to be careful though. I've lost a character with one point running back to the wp. A lonely archer fired a single arrow, which hit (deeds). I really did kick myself for losing a char because I didn't want to 'waste' a health potion ...

Also, I think you'll find that rabies can take that last point off.

DelBoy

Insane Wayne said:
I promise you the screenshot is genuine. You can see I have no potions left, and the green hue around Alkithoe indicates she's still poisoned. Standing in place with 1 hp is not so bad, just have to be careful not to accidently click any nearby chests/urns, or walk across a wall trap shooting metal spikes. That's why I called it a "controlled poisoning".

Portaling back to that scene with 1 Hp would be the worst move; at least one mummy would instantly emerge from the casket before I could block it, and probably kill me.

I'll admit though, the situation is very uncomfortable. There was an slim chance an unseen unraveller could raise that corpse next to me, which is why I drank all my potions. That bought me enough time to feel secure the mummy would stay dead, so I finished the job. Like jiansonz said, you do NOT want to lose control of a mummy casket. They'll spit out tons of mummies, with no XP or item drops!

edit: Conscription ring, eh? 😃 Drains your life and forces you into military service! :wink3:

Drystan said:
Lol. I didn't notice the green poisoned aura the first time. I was sure poison always could kill.
I'll admit I didn't look too closely at the pic, just the hp and you standing there, but I really didn't know.

What do you mean by "Block it" in regards to the mummy sarcophagus? You can stop them from emerging?

edit: Conscription ring, eh? Drains your life and forces you into military service!
Constricting ring? Been so long since I decided to hack one of them to look at it. Heh, I don't even know it's name anymore.

Thanks for that, and teaching me something too. 😃

jiansonz said:
Drystan said:
What do you mean by "Block it" in regards to the mummy sarcophagus? You can stop them from emerging?
Yes, and that is the only way to defeat them if they produce a mummy faster than you can kill a mummy. Something (character, merc, minion, even a mummy works...) needs to stand on a particular spot (which is quite small and sometimes hard to find).

Fluffballer said:
If you are down to 1 hp, become unpoisoned, then are repoisoned, does that kill you? I've heard people say it does, but I just assumed they were taking a small amount of physical damage from things like throwing potions that those cats throw at you.

Anyone have any confirmed facts?

FrostBurn said:
I remember when I had a PNovamancer on b.net, and I got a friend as a guinea pig to test PNova. I PNova'ed him, let his life drop down to 1, and while he was still poisoned, another PNova finished him off.

Likewise, I remember once I had a b.net sorc that was down to 1 hitpoint, and when Achmel's group was spawned, she was killed when Achmel's 'instant poison if you stand too close' triggered. At that time, she was still far enough for me to be sure that she was not killed by an ice bolt or an unholy bolt, but rather by Achmel's 'poisoning within a certain radius effect'.

Arreat_mercenary said:
IIRC, pure poison can't kill on you, as others have appointed, is different for minions/merc. But pure poison can not kill in can make your hp go to 1, but not take that last point off.

So, I take for granted that if you go to 1 hp left, unpoison and re-poison again, it will be the same, pure poison can't kill you.

zarfen said:
Arreat_mercenary said:
IIRC, pure poison can't kill on you, as others have appointed, is different for minions/merc. But pure poison can not kill in can make your hp go to 1, but not take that last point off.

So, I take for granted that if you go to 1 hp left, unpoison and re-poison again, it will be the same, pure poison can't kill you.
I believe if that you are unpoisoned and then again poisoned you cannot die, but if poisoned while still at one hp and being poisoned, you'll die :wink2:

Milb said:
I always thought poison couldn't kill you at all. IIRC, there's a PvP Poisonmancer guide which suggests using a fire golem for the tiny aura damage to finish off the oppenents' last 1 hp as the poison can't.

Milb

Dr. Strangelove said:
omg i could not beleive i missed this one, realy amazing insane, looking fwd at your next update, keep up
i'm toying with the idea to start one myself, but i think that timewise it's totally insane,

Insane Wayne said:
Before continuing through Kurast, I took some time to shop Fara for another war pike. I had a meager collection of gems so I did some rerolls. Pffft! Nothing I rolled was able to top Pierre Tombale's, not even close. To boost Mizan's damage, I stashed the Shaftstop and made the Duress. Without the PDR, Mizan went into hit recovery more often, but the 70% FHR from Duress and Pierre's helped counter that. And the CB helped too, even at higher player settings.

Against my better judgment, I began clearing the Kurast temples at p5. I want better drop chances, as I'm still seeking merc weapon improvement. Nasty start in the Ruined Temple. Antidotes and rejuvs were used in abundance. Blinding from the Woestave kept the spiders from retreating, at the cost of a weaker attack, but it was necessary. I used lots of valk/decoy recasts for improved position. Poison took them down quick. Things got tougher. Then I spawned a poison-immune valk, which helped a great deal. I used decoys to break off stragglers, and slowly cleared that mess. Great battle.

Sewers were also very tough, with undead dolls running around. Again I gave Mizan the Woestave, to keep them blinded and still. CELE Icehawk made a surprise early appearance, in the center of the map, during a tough battle with champ dolls and mummies. Blinding doesn't work on champs, so they were zipping back and forth. Under the constant threat of doll death-bursts and slow-moving CELE bolts, I lost track of Icehawk, and his death nova stopped at my toes. Another close call. :nervous:

For the last two temples, I went down to p1. I entered directly in the face of 3 serpents. That's me, not the decoy, taking a beating. I needed a quick rejuv. I decided to stay put, rather than run and risk attacting more attention. Holy Freeze and monster slow, plus Dodge, allowed me to tank and drink potions long enough for my team to kill them over my shoulder. Staying put was the right move; there was a shocking bat boss pack a few steps away, and a fanat beetle boss pack still in the first room! At p1, they were quickly killed, although Mizan needed a few rejuvs.

The center of the Travincal had a most unwelcome sight. Eight heirophants (4 champs among them) having a party. Normally I'd use knockback to separate them, but the multiple corners and ledges made that impossible to manage with my merc. Eventually, I coaxed a couple away and killed them. I thought the rest would have to be abandoned. However, after awhile there would be a lull in their healing, and we'd get another kill. I spent about 15 minutes on those guys, but I got 'em.

I cleared the Durance at p3. No major problems. Weird map on level 2, the WP was in the center. Never saw that before. My best finds were runes: I scored Lum, Shael, and Amn.
p5 for level 3. Bremm's attributes weren't very hurty. He dropped an ethereal magical stygian pike, but it was garbage. Wyand had a strange drop, 3 gems! Nothing else.

I used the moat trick with Meph. My valk was cold and poison immune, and beat him down to a sliver. I unsummoned her and led the merc in for the final hit, dressed in his MF gear. This was a bit dangerous. Meph shot at me, but I dodged him. Mizan scored the kill. Meph dropped 4 rares (2 elite) and two uniques, including Titan's Revenge. Nothing was helpful.

Act 4! Spawners and gloams! When I hit the Plains of Despair, we fought both. Throughout the whole map, I ran from column to column, shielding Alkithoe from gloam bolts. I cast Slow Missiles when I could, otherwise I counted on Mizan to blind them. At p1, Open Wounds hurt them bad. I took one massive blast, several bolts at once. I feared I might die, but Evade kicked in enough and my life only dropped to about 1/3. 😃

No spawners or maggots in the River of Flame, so I did p3. I was pumped up for the Hellforge drop. I had lots of helpful possibilities. Lem would get me an ethereal "Passion" thresher. Pul would allow an exceptional unique upgrade to elite. Um would renew my hope for a Crescent Moon.

Hooray! After nearly four complete Acts, I finally have the means to make a worthy merc weapon. Better late than never! Looks like Mizan will soon have Pierre Tombale's Cryptic Axe! More good news at the Hellforge: I leveled to 86 and Hephasto dropped the unique vambraces. Always nice to see an EU-drop, even if you can't use it.

Next up, Big D! I vow to get a picture of Alkithoe punching him. 👍

Conqueror Alkithoe, 1.11 naked HC zon, level 86, Act 4 Hell, Chaos Sanctuary

Insane Wayne said:
First order of business before Diablo: get Mizan his long-overdue weapon upgrade! Impressive! 55% DS makes a huge difference combined with the extra max damage. (Minor nitpick... minimum damage went down slightly 👅 ). Mizan broke it in during a p5 clear from Hadriel to the CS. Nice!

Inside the CS, the extra damage caused a few IM deaths, despite my best efforts to keep the Oblivion Knights occupied. They are so skittish. Die already!

I did p8 for the seal bosses, to get the maximum XP. I'd like to hit level 87 in Act 5, before the Ancients if possible. Lord De Seis and his pack owned Mizan and the valk. He was Fanat Extra Strong CELE! I used my safety portal to escape, and ran back from the RoF waypoint. This trip, his aura downgraded to Might. I lured his minions out for easy pickings.

After stocking potions, I portaled back near the last seal, and accidently clicked it before lowering the player setting. sigh... p8 Diablo. :embarassed:
Mizan got fried early, so it was up to the valk to do most of the damage. Luckily she had amp damage, which helped a bit a first. But that valk died, so I cast the first of several replacements. Diablo paid little attention to Alkithoe, so I took the opportunity to land a mighty punch!

"Yay! I'm helping!", declared Alkithoe, delivering an exaggerated karate-style jab.
"You want some more of this! Do ya?! I can dish it out all night!"

Although Diablo hardly felt Alkithoe's punches physically, his ego took a bashing that ruined him mentally. He quickly became demoralized. His fire novas (mostly Avoided, 61% chance) did far less damage than a simple fire trap. (ambient fire takes off over 500 life on the first hit!)
Eventually the valk slivered him, and I resurrected Mizan for the final hit. His best drop was a Goldwrap, meh...

As always, the greatest challenge lies ahead, Act 5 Hell. My greatest fear is neither the Ancients nor Baal; it's the the potential cave stairtraps, and evil urn ambushes. Gloam urns would be especially hellish, I hope I don't get those...

Conqueror Alkithoe, 1.11 naked HC zon, level 86, Act 5 Hell, Harrogath

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High