Community Forum Mafia Game: Corruption in Baltimore

Things are strange when I'm one of the more active posters in the game . . .

The day has ended in a No lynch.

It is now night time and you may not post.

Anyone has night actions for me should do sooner rather than later.

The day will begin in 24 hours, tomorrow at 7PM CST.

All night actions are in, accounted for and have been resolved.

The Day will begin in just under 5 hours.

Last edited:
He checked the list of names her had...

1. Drixx
2. Leopold Stotch
3. Caluin Graye
4. Noodle
5. Scott Berland

He had settled on Drixx for the night. It was as good of a start as anyone. All of the spy gear he needed was there, high-powered binoculars, compact telescope, telescopic camera, thermal imaging goggles, night vision goggles, long distance audio listening devices, proximity sensors.

Drixx lived on the outskirts of town near a wooded area. This would be a perfect spot to set up a hidden camp for the night. Dressing in warm layers and woodland camo, he made his way to his vantage point without Drixx even noticing. He had placed the listening devices in and around the house earlier, he had even slipped inside the house and replaced some of coins Drixx had lying around the house with hollowed out versions that contained audio bugs.

As he worked to set up the last of his equipment, he took a quick look through the compact telescope. He never heard the footsteps approaching behind him....

The figure approached from behind silently, quietly adjusted the silencer on the gun, aimed at the back of the man's head and shot point blank. The bullet went through the man's head and lodged in the eye piece of the compact telescope.

The Silent assassin looked down at the list of names lying there, looked at Drixx's house, then turned quietly and left.

Drixx never heard a thing outside, nor did he see anything. For all intents and purposes...it was an uneventful night for him.

Whatever information the man with the spy equipment had learned about Drixx would go to the grave with him.

The Mafia Hitgoon left a calling card too....

rha-zt94.jpg

The mafia had claimed another victim.

Zemaj was killed during the night.

He was the Town Tracker.

Five (5) People are left alive.

With Five alive, it will take three to lynch (3 also locks in this case - half = 2.5 +1 rounded down =3)

It is now daytime and posting may resume.

The Day will end at 7PM CST Friday Evening.

Scott Berland, I appreciate you're new to these games. However, posting just the bare minimum to avoid being mod killed without actually engaging in productive conversation is a classic sign of mafia. I'd be interested in your thoughts about day one.

Scott Berland, I appreciate you're new to these games. However, posting just the bare minimum to avoid being mod killed without actually engaging in productive conversation is a classic sign of mafia. I'd be interested in your thoughts about day one.
My thoughts are: based upon the few random musings I have observed there is no way a person without experience playing Mafia--or games of this nature--can, in any meaningful way, add anything to the discussion. Maybe I'm missing something, but nothing I've observed offers any clues to any individual player's role/identity.

My thoughts are: based upon the few random musings I have observed there is no way a person without experience playing Mafia--or games of this nature--can, in any meaningful way, add anything to the discussion. Maybe I'm missing something, but nothing I've observed offers any clues to any individual player's role/identity.

That's either true, or a brilliant smokescreen, in which case I congratulate you.

CG, while an eternal newb, you're not new to these games. What's your take on yesterday and last night?

Either way, it would be better to lynch than not

From the posts we have, I would suggest either Caluin Graye for IIoA or Leopold for pushing the SK theory. Going to go with the latter.

Vote: Leopold Stotch

Sorry Leo, but you seem to be the only candidate with a reasonable likelihood of a successful lynch.

Vote: Leopold Stotch

And zemaj voted me too...

So *I* was the best candidate ONLY because i posted about a theory, a guess, A THOUGHT about an SK ( which,BTW, it looks like we hav FOR PLAYING THE GAME?!?!

/pulls pants down
/moons everyone
/farts in y'all's general direction

"Oh say can you see...?" /soft singing to self

I also suspect Noodle or Scott. Noodle because that's always a safe bet, Scott because he's quiet and quiet ones tend to be scummy. I also suspect Drixx because he voted me and got a wagon on me! (oh yyyeeaahh. I'm gonna be a little petty right now. Petty like a coat!)

Town Tracker sounds like a cop / detective to me. Please explain why you would disagree.

Leo, my friend, I believe I adequately explained my vote for you as NO ONE ELSE HAD BEEN VOTED FOR AND WE NEED INFO. <ahem> I'm sorry for yelling. You were the only viable option for a lynch, and a pretty sketchy one given that our dear friend Scottie B. is functionally nonexistence and CG is deliberately silent. Temaj I'm still trying to figure out.

CG, while an eternal newb, you're not new to these games. What's your take on yesterday and last night?

I disliked how quickly the train formed on Leo. While recognizing that the town does need to lynch in order to make progress, I felt that the Leo lynch was opportunistic and forced. Had I been around for the day's end, I would not have voted for her.

Drixx is high on my scum list at the moment. Zemaj would have been second, if not for the death. Noodle, Scott, Leo, in that order are next.

Town Tracker. Either that's new or my mind is rusty as a spoon. What do y'all think that is? I'm still guessing an SKaaaayyyyy....

Town tracker is a role we've seen many a time. It tells you who your target visited.

With only one death last night, why do you still think there is an SK in play? Am I going to regret defending you?

CG is deliberately silent.

Very observant of you; I am being silent. I was waiting for anyone else to pick up on something to see if I was the only one to have noticed. It seems that nobody has, so I'll let it go for now.

So Leopold has dropped the OMGUS without a vote.

@CG - Someone had to take responsibility and try and get a lynch done. It's a matter of settled game theory that town always lynches. Since there was barely any posts, it was either go for someone lurking or try and find something that might indicate scum.

Scum like to appear to be active and helping, so IIoA is frequently a scum tell. Setup speculation is also another way scum hide. That was all in so few posts that I could find that was at all scummy.

We really need to get back in practice here. I like the shorter days quite a lot ... but shorter days means checking in quite a lot more often and actually playing.

Which ... I shall freely admit... I haven't done a great job with. I have grown used to the MS two week day phases over the last 2 and 1/2 years or so that I've been playing there. That pace simply won't work here.

So if you are actually town, you should definitely reconsider pushing for me to be lynched simply for taking control when nobody else was doing so. Firstly because taking control is NAI, and secondly because I'm town and we don't know what kind of margin we have, but it's unlikely to be much more, AND we lost a PR already.

FWIW, in the Matrix6 setup, a Tracker has either a doctor or a 1-shot BP with them. But again, that applies to the 9 player newbie games that the Matrix6 semi-open setup is used for.

Scum like to appear to be active and helping, so IIoA is frequently a scum tell.

That's twice you've used that acronym and I still don't know what it means. Elaborate?

So if you are actually town, you should definitely reconsider pushing for me to be lynched simply for taking control when nobody else was doing so. Firstly because taking control is NAI, and secondly because I'm town and we don't know what kind of margin we have, but it's unlikely to be much more, AND we lost a PR already.

NAI... not as intended?

It is worth noting that you were top of my (admittedly short due to player sample size) scum list before you voted for Leo. In fact, it was your very first paragraph posted that pinged me.

The only people I know to be town is Zemaj and myself. I can reconsider all day long about our margins and you being town, but at the end of the day everyone else is just as likely to be scum as the next person so all I have to go off of is their actions. Right now, your's and one other's are the most telling.

(The one other is Scott, but giving him benefit of the doubt due to being new to the game.)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High