Classic OT thread

Dacar92

Staff member
Nov 2, 2003
Classic OT thread

It has been relatively quiet around here lately. People have been remarkably well behaved. We will always have our issues here, because there will always be disagreements. But since everyone has been nice lately, I wanted to reward us with our first OT thread.

There are rules, though. I won't spell them all out here, because you wouldn't read through them all. Suffice it to say that all forum rules still apply. You can talk about cars or cartoons, school or dropping out. Politics is even fair game, as long as it doesn't get into a shouting match. Anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted and the poster warned or banned, depending on the offense. Let's hope we can maintain a sense of responsibility and keep conversation here within social norms of decency.

There is one rule I will mention: If you play Classic, you are welcome to post here. If you don't, there are plenty of other OT threads you can use. --Thank you

So, let's get started!

If any of you read have read the news or watched the news lately, some of you may remember a girl who wrote a book and plagerized most of it...and got caught, muahahahaha!!! Here's a recap for those of you who don't know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaavya_Viswanathan

Why did I post this here? For one thing, I went to high school with that girl, and from the way she was back then, I think she deserved what she got: public humiliation, and an expulsion from Harvard University. That's what you get when you're a snobby rich ^%$#@ and think you're untouchable. :thumbsup:

- Akukami

the lines in question aren't particularly well structured or articulate or anything.. if you are going to plagiarize at least cheat with something worth repeating.

what does "ranknfile" mean
or what is it

is it the place where you get drafted?
or the process of draft itself?

here, we have a board, which techinically checks if you have 2 legs, 2hands and can handle a gun - so you are a soldier

so ranknfile = old word for this board?

or maybe ranknfile is some sort of document - with a checklist - for example
blind - (cant be a soldier)
deaf - (cant be a soldier)
etc?

fledgeling said:
what does "ranknfile" mean
or what is it

is it the place where you get drafted?
or the process of draft itself?

here, we have a board, which techinically checks if you have 2 legs, 2hands and can handle a gun - so you are a soldier

so ranknfile = old word for this board?

or maybe ranknfile is some sort of document - with a checklist - for example
blind - (cant be a soldier)
deaf - (cant be a soldier)
etc?

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rank and file
rank and file
n.

1. The enlisted troops, excluding noncommissioned officers, in an army.
2. The people who form the major portion of a group, organization, or society, excluding the leaders and officers.

Dacar, sorry to say, but I don't think anyone will be posting her some time soon. Imo, I think you should take this thing off the sticky list.

- Akukami

weep said:
the lines in question aren't particularly well structured or articulate or anything..

Weep dude, you haven't been paying very close attention to the kinds of books that make their authors millions of dollars, have you?

Also, I vote we leave this up here. It might take some time to gather steam but it is very popular in other forums on this site.

Anybody watching the world cup?

Im over in England, good good times! Would love for the English to win but im thinking the winner of the Germany Argentina game is going to take it.

Any of you yankee's into this great sport?

Akukami said:
Dacar, sorry to say, but I don't think anyone will be posting her some time soon. Imo, I think you should take this thing off the sticky list.

- Akukami

What is the difference? keep it, cant hurt

fledgeling said:
pepsi or coca-cola?
bush or kerry?
macdonalds or pizzahut?

Pepsi because they don't endorse the Boston Communists
Michael Badnarik
Wendy's or Burger King... Or Taco Bell.

coke, cause they have Polarbears on their payroll.
Bob Ross, he would probably be the best prez ever, anywhere.
Mac, cause they have toys with their meals. Though I admit, you can make some nice claymation with the grease from the pizza hut's pizza's.

Kiwi Legend said:
Anybody watching the world cup?

Im over in England, good good times! Would love for the English to win but im thinking the winner of the Germany Argentina game is going to take it.

Any of you yankee's into this great sport?

I've been sort of watching the World Cup. It's inspired me at least to start playing soccer with some of my friends, who played throughout high school ( I stopped at grade 9 when I moved here). It's been humbling but very fun.

The first few days of world cup I watched all the time, it was more fun with Togo and South Korea and etc etc. Ghana was a fun team to watch too. Brasil hasn't impressed me yet this year, but I missed their latest game... you counting them out ? :)

I think I'm the only yankee who didn't care for the US to win. They don't play like a team they sure don't deserve to go anywhere. A bunch of individuals is not very inspiring to me to root for.

fledgeling said:
pepsi or coca-cola?
bush or kerry?
macdonalds or pizzahut?

Neither. Both are predatory Capitalist businesses.
Neither. Bush is a Fascist that sent my brother to die for oil in a fictitious war.
Pizzahut lunch buffet!!

SHARMUCK said:
Neither. Both are predatory Capitalist businesses.
Neither. Bush is a Fascist that sent my brother to die for oil in a fictitious war.
Pizzahut lunch buffet!!

What's wrong with capitalist businesses? They both produce a product that people like to purchase. They are for profit, and openly so. People purchase their product beccause they like it. There is nothing wrong with that. Unless you think companies should only produce what the government tells them to produce.

Dacar92 said:
What's wrong with capitalist businesses? They both produce a product that people like to purchase. They are for profit, and openly so. People purchase their product beccause they like it. There is nothing wrong with that. Unless you think companies should only produce what the government tells them to produce.

I'll try to be clearer seeing this is a game forum and not one for economic models.
I said "predatory Capitalism" not 'benevolent capitalism'. Difference being "predatory capitalism" is based on the ignorance and poverty of a populous while exploiting those who can not or do not participate in this model. While 'benevolent capitalism' benefits everyone.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High