Bliss Version Switcher

I always install with the battlenet installers and I can play 1.07.

These are the cd related registry keys I've found so far, I don't think there are any more, hope it helps. You can see the path to the registry location at the bottom of the window..

As for the "DiabloIICD", it might help, but actually my E drive never has the Diablo II cd. I actually made ISOs of my discs and they the Play Disc and Expansion Disc ISO are both mounted with DAEMON Tools but on the G: and H: drives.

UWLErNv.png

These are the cd related registry keys I've found so far, I don't think there are any more, hope it helps. You can see the path to the registry location at the bottom of the window..

As for the "DiabloIICD", it might help, but actually my E drive never has the Diablo II cd. I actually made ISOs of my discs and they the Play Disc and Expansion Disc ISO are both mounted with DAEMON Tools but on the G: and H: drives.

UWLErNv.png

I'm just not comfortable with how stuff like this works. Should I go into my registry and see if I have these?

Alright, something is very wonky here. 1.10s works just fine, but still no 1.07. I'll try copying the files again

Alright, something is very wonky here. 1.10s works just fine, but still no 1.07. I'll try copying the files again
Was 1.10 working before? This is very odd. Do other versions like 1.09 work?

When I'm back home I can link you my LoD iso I have online. With that iso, trenshadow and installing from battlenet always worked for me

I'm at a loss for words. Anything > 1.10 works, but 1.07, 1.08, and 1.09 don't :(

Also, I'm probably just ignorant, but 1.10a isn't in the list of patches for me, just 1.10b, 1.10s, and 1.10f

Another update (I bet you guys just love reading these).

I did a clean reinstall of everything. 1.10s and 1.10a work fine. I set a path for 1.07, and the game loads, but it loads in 1.10a, then crashes when I try to make a character. 1.08 and 1.09 don't work at all. Both the base game and LoD were installed from blizzard's installer. :(

Another update (I bet you guys just love reading these).

I did a clean reinstall of everything. 1.10s and 1.10a work fine. I set a path for 1.07, and the game loads, but it loads in 1.10a, then crashes when I try to make a character. 1.08 and 1.09 don't work at all. Both the base game and LoD were installed from blizzard's installer. :(
What version is you cd?

Hey guys, I gave up on Bliss's Version Switcher. I couldn't get it to work with anything except 1.10 and later. I reinstalled clean with TrenShadow's version switcher, and everything is working perfectly. Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Hello Everyone,

I'm proud to announce the switcher. You can download the latest version at this link:

https://github.com/fearedbliss/Bliss-Version-Switcher/archive/master.zip

You will need to have Java 7 installed. If you are already using GoMule, you might be already good to go, if not, then download the latest version of Java and you will be fine.

I've also recorded another video that goes through the switcher on how to add stuff and showing it in action again:

Hope it helps the community.

If you find any bugs, let me know.

- jon

PS: Today is my Birthday (9/26) :D. I guess I'll be giving you guys a gift LOL
hi can u make a video to show how to revert from 1.14a to 1.13d using your folder.
Im finding it hard to do it. number of errors appear after i extract the dll files ...

Something funky is going on with the save location when trying to self-MP by using fast user switching. I start the game via the version switcher on the first user, and can see all my chars (this was 1.00 btw) but when I do the same on the next user, I cannot see any of my chars ingame, just the option to create a new one.

EDIT: Workaround found. Launch another version on the affected user, then exit and relaunch the intended version.

Last edited:
Hey helvete,

TLDR: Use the modified D2gfx.dll and don't use fast user switching.

You are doing it wrong, let me explain what is happening behind the scenes.

So pretty much before 1.14, there was a registry key called "SavePath". This key is where your characters are stored. In order to keep each version of D2 isolated from each other, when you select an entry and launch D2, the version switcher will change this registry key to be in accordance to the entry you selected. After that, you won't be able to launch any other versions of D2 that are not the exact same entry (You can launch the same entry you originally launched if you are using the D2gfx.dll which is what I would recommend using rather than fast user switching). The reason this lock is in place, is to prevent this exact same scenario. However, since you are switching users, and opening a separate version switcher process, the program has no idea of the previous lock, thus it will set the registry key to something else which causes both of your version applications/versions to become unsynced. Switching versions and switching back to the original works because you are ultimately setting the SavePath that was what you had in the first switcher application.

So, a couple of questions:

1 - I have never used the modified .dll file. I have heard that there are several versions, and that different patches sometimes, but not always, will require different versions of the file. Where can I find the file(s) which will work with the versions I am running or planning to run? (1.00, 1.06b in classic, 1.07, 1.08, 1.09b, 1.10a, 1.10s and for that matter, 1.13b in LOD)

2 - Besides minesweeper and solitaire, I prefer my games fullscreen. Does this make switching instances difficult, or is there some trick to it?

3 - How does one set this up with the .dll(s) and the switcher? Let's say the last version I played was 1.07LOD and now I want to rush 7 mules in 1.00 classic. How would I go about it?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High