Beyond Infinity... To the Item Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in thinking that running NM Andy gives me some of the best odds to score a Tal's Adjudication? Really want to complete that set.

I did several runs last night and saw 12 green Amulets altogether, but of course none were what I needed.

Angelic Wings x2
Arcanna's Sign x1
Cathan's Sigil x2
Civerb's Icon x3
Iratha's Collar x1
Tancred's Weird x2
Vidala's Snare x1

Still some useful finds though. I will use those Angelics on questing characters (also find a few Angelic Halo rings to go with them). I also picked up a Nagelring, Eye of Etlich, another pair of Chance Guards, and two more Goldwraps. Won't hurt to have some extra MF gear to add to other characters' stashes.

Don't have any screenshots (some on my phone but too lazy to upload) but in two months of playing SP my luck so far has been:
1. Ber rune from P1 superchest behind Mephisto
2. Sur rune, two vex, and gul from like 3 hours of LK. Waiting for the dry stretch to hit me now.
3. 4 Shakos and 7 Vipers from Mephisto (two Shakos within 12 runs. First viper found was all res +35)
4. Tal Rashas guardianship from a 78 MF P1 Zon I was leveling. Dropped off a regular blood maggot in ROF. Also lucky cause I got the Tal Ammy from Mephisto which is a pretty low chance and I have the complete set now.
5. Rolling a 40 all res HOTO on my first and only HOTO roll
6. Already finding 3 Mara's (one is 28 All res and one was found from a LK P7 log) and 2 BK rings (1 from the second death of a unique flayer shammy in Flayer Jungle)
7. Lacerator (non eth, unfortunately) from a unique in stony tombs on P1. This was when I was just starting and was still using hydra/FO on my Sorc. She had maybe 150 MF at that time because I didn't have gheeds/shako.

My bad luck:
1. Finding like 5 high runes before I found my first white monarch
2. Still no titans/war travs/arach mesh from Mephisto
3. Best skiller I've found is +1 Warcries
4. Have found every rune except Jah/Cham/Zod (those aren't bad luck because statistically I shouldnt have found them yet) but the bad luck is still haven't found an Um/Ohm/Lo. I could cube to get an Ohm but I'd rather keep the Vex and other runes even though I want a CTA.

Overall I can't really complain at all. I'd say I've been pretty lucky so far. Now I have to tough out the bad stretches!

Last edited:
@little birdy Hell Andy has the absolute best odds, but NM Andy is so close in odds that it is relatively insignificant.

Good luck!
Thanks! I wonder if the players count would change the odds at all? NM Andy runs on p8 are fast and easy with all my best MF gear equipped (a little over 500 MF) whereas in Hell higher players settings would be a slog. But if it makes most sense to just leave it on p1 regardless of difficulty, then I might as well run Hell Andy because I assume she can probably drop some other nice things that NM Andy won't.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
There are 4 Runewords with Jah that I want to make Enigma, Phoenix, Ice and Dream in that order. This Jah is obviously going to Enigma.

I plan to make Phoenix in a Monarch shield to improve my Wolfbarb so that he can kill faster at high player settings. I don't need it now as he does very well at p3/p5 but I plan to take him to level 99 so every little bit will help.

I enjoy using Rogue Mercs and an Ice bow would be very nice. I'm also thinking of making another Amazon using Mavina's set with a Rogue using Ice.

Finally, some day I want to make an Auradin and hence the Dream.

However, I also want Infinity and like @Excalibur said I can't really see cubing two Ber for a Jah when I could have Infinity now. I also have a very nice 1.07 Eth Thresher (18-316 damage) just waiting for those Bers.

Thanks! I wonder if the players count would change the odds at all? NM Andy runs on p8 are fast and easy with all my best MF gear equipped (a little over 500 MF) whereas in Hell higher players settings would be a slog. But if it makes most sense to just leave it on p1 regardless of difficulty, then I might as well run Hell Andy because I assume she can probably drop some other nice things that NM Andy won't.
At 0% MF, Hell Andy is indeed better, but at 500% MF, NM Andy actually pulls ahead.

So I would definitely go NM and enjoy the other drops like SoJ, Ribcracker, etc.

I've been running a combination of Pindle, Chaos Sanctuary and LK. Not much luck in the useful S/U department, just grailers. I've got a couple of useful skillers, HR and a cute ring from LK.

iPxyQrY.png

MLphVGk.png

qZrGbLM.png

UPLYHVD.png

The MF ring was cute, but not quite there. That Ber drop leaves 1 Sur from completing Infinity. My trapsin is in Act V NM, so she'll use the Enigma and Infinity soon. I will need to unsocket my Insight eth giant thresher to do, as I don't have more eth polearms. I read that we can do Infinity in spears now, but eth stygian pike is not a good base for Infinity, right?

A few weeks ago I was rolling maps to get a 6 LK chest map and did find early on that one of the armor racks could drop Sacred Rondache. I was unable to repeat it for some time so I figured it was unstable but about a week ago I randomly stumbled upon the pattern to make it stable. It's about a 30% success rate but that's still pretty good. Last night found a all res 42 4 socket one and for eth my best so far is 36 all res, but I would have to roll or Larzuk for Exile.

A few weeks ago I was rolling maps to get a 6 LK chest map and did find early on that one of the armor racks could drop Sacred Rondache. I was unable to repeat it for some time so I figured it was unstable but about a week ago I randomly stumbled upon the pattern to make it stable. It's about a 30% success rate but that's still pretty good. Last night found a all res 42 4 socket one and for eth my best so far is 36 all res, but I would have to roll or Larzuk for Exile.
Don't give up! I had a Sacred Targe rack on an LK map and ended up getting many 45 all res, an eth 44 all res, and several 45 all res with 3os and 4os before I lost the map.

I forgot I had a 44 all res eth and ended up making Exile in a 45 all res non-eth base. :ROFLMAO: It didn't seem to make any difference: the whole point is the Life Tap and if you really get the Smiter build finished, he's virtually invincible as long as you play him right.

My success rate with the Sacred Targe was well above 50%, maybe even 70%, but it seemed very dependent on the direction I approached the rack. I finally figured out the angle I needed to approach the rack from and would teleport a few steps away, then run to it and it greatly improved the Sacred Targe drop rate. It seemed to basically always be consistent as long as I approached from that angle and enemies weren't nearby.

but eth stygian pike is not a good base for Infinity, right?
I don't see why it's a bad choice. Solid damage with a WSM of [0].
You can search for screenshots online to check how it will look like like this one which as it seems rolled low on damage.

f7cAlPl.png

So yesterday I found the last Sur I needed for Infinity:

fzbZwt1.png

In the end, I decided to favor eth giant thresher:

qmIPShj.png

9do1mbs.png

I also made a Fortitude. I have no melee yet, but I thought I should make the first in a non-eth base just in case.

i6S0AL3.png

This morning I farmed Pindle. The best drop was:

ldo55Fg.png

Now I have the set completed. That was the only useful S/U drop, though. I swear I'm going to get every rare but useless S/U before having the good ones.

And for god's sake, this simple item has eluded me for many years:

86DSpBP.png

I farmed CS with my Hammerdin this afternoon. I'm kinda disappointed by the lack of HR rune drops. Got a couple of grailers, two 5os phase blades (I can make Grief at last!) and this beauty:

Sacred Armor
Defense: 882
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 222
Fingerprint: 0x175cdd2f
Item Level: 85
Version: Resurrected
Ethereal

I have fallen in love with it and I don't care about the requirements. I'm going to Larzuk this thing and make a Fortitude out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High