Autumn/Winter '06 OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dredd

Administrator
Jan 3, 2004
Autumn/Winter '06 OT Thread

[highlight][Autumn OT Thread] - [10/01/06][/highlight]

Pour yourself a drink*, pull up a chair**, and share your thoughts with your fellow forumites in our happy little Off-Topic chat thread. Sanity is optional. Civility is not. Please be mindful of Da Rulez.

Also, I totally did not copy/paste this from a hidden post in said Rulez thread ... feel free to check for yourselves. Read carefully, maybe GORNY hid something between the lines somewhere. In fact, maybe it would be best to just memorize the entire thread, even though I'm certain that each and every one of you have all ready done so ... 'cause my peeps are awesome like that.

A cookie and a bear hug to the person who can come up with a clever, non-cloning machine oriented title. We had a terrible accident with it in the batcave recently. Such a shame. Fortunately, the newbie moderators get to clean up the mess as part of their hazi -- er, orientation.

Last news bit: Some interesting changes may be on the horizon. Buuut, that's all I'm going to say lest I be put to death by the Powers That Be, so you'll just have to keep your eyes pealed.

... Hmm, that last bit makes me sound like a phone psychic ... er, your lucky number for the week is 18. Don't wear blue on Tuesday, you forgot to take your wallet out of your jeans pocket while you were gathering the laundry, and yes, you all ready know your soulmate, so make a date. That is all.

* Soda for minors. ;)
** And since it is Autumn, you should also bring a cozy blanket ... and marshmallows for the fire.

Ash Housewares said:
october, time for beer & scary movies

edit - hmmm, just like every month

QFT. :cloud9:

Has somebody fixed that Ashatar for you yet? Q did a pretty nice job with it.

Dredd said:
The Cloning Machine Mark IV thread was pronounced dead on the scene at approximately 2:56 am CST, on Sunday, October 1st, 2006.
Is my calendar broken? I need to pick someone up from the airport on the 4th and he is [highlight]not[/highlight] going to be happy ...

Edit: @Dredd :tongue:

Ah! Damn you keen eyed ... er, blue blob things.

EDIT: I mean, I Have No Idea What You're Talking About.â„¢

You set the death date of the other on Oct. 6th... You really are a psychic!

*Requiem_Death

Edit: You fixed it! The Time Machine Mark VII!

I made myself sad...

Just replace "psychic" with "illiterate". :embarassed:

I'm surprised that someone actually read that post, never mind discovered that I have no idea what today's date is.

I don't get out much.
Edit: But aren't you pleased people read your posts? :wink3:

Thyiad said:
I don't get out much.

Me neither. Everyday is Saturday in my world - I usually don't even know what day of the week it is, never mind the date.

Real conversation from last week (or a close approximation anyway):

Friend: Yo Dredd, remember that appointment on Wednesday!
Dredd: *blank stare* Wasn't it Wednesday ... yesterday?
Friend: Dude ... it's Monday.
Dredd: Aw man ... I was supposed to call ____ on Sunday. Is it really Tuesday?
Friend: I said it was Monday.
Dredd: My appointment?
Friend: ... is on Wednesday.
Dredd: I thought you said ... never mind.
Friend: I said today was Tuesday (brief pause), I mean Monday. You *******, now I'm confused.
Dredd: Yeah, jerkwad, knock it off. It's Monday, quit trying to confuse me. I'll miss my appointment ... uh, which was when?
Friend: (Actually has to think about it for a moment) Wednesday.

Thyiad said:
Edit: But aren't you pleased people read your posts?

Only when I'm right. :grin:

ANyone here been to Ireland? Any good experiences, of Dublin mostly? :kiss:

My my my, a belated Autumn finally comes.
BTW there's only one month left for Autumn...

IntelligentX said:
Is four season differs in Western countries?
In my place, Fall = 1st September ---> 31th October.

A two-month season? That's crazy.

The only objective way is to divide them into the solstices and equinoxes. These dates (March, June, September, and December 21-22) correspond to when the most direct rays of the sun reach the tropic of cancer and capricorn (summer and winter), and when they fall on the equator (fall and sprng).

Of course, that's from an astronomical viewpoint. Climate-wise there are quite a few ways of doing things.

There's only two seasons where I live: nice and warm, and really nice and warm. :cloud9:

Evrae Altana said:
There's only two seasons where I live: nice and warm, and really nice and warm. :cloud9:
:thumbsup: Yep... I know what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High