Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future! ifra

Re: Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future!

God damnit do we have inactive mafia again?

Note for you paranoid people! My avatar has changed right before the game! I think I could make up my name by picking random letters from Asrrin's writeup! That must mark me as mafia!

Vote: Ankeli

The Last time you mention we were not inactive night 1!
Merely beatin by the clock and a quiet companion! :thumbup:

"SOOO. MUCH. BETTER! Morning, Lois..."

in this case, tho, morning to all of you gents (if applicable, fellow females! :D )!!

ok, so did you guys get into a little bit too much Phazom last night or just happy to see everyone alive? :D i'll drink to either or! ;)

Come on Gorny, you can do better than that ... I want to see more squirming.

Just to clarify for everyone, I did not use any sort of deux ex machina on the first night. I have a typed record of every single action performed both at night and during the day.

Current votes:
Ankeli: 1
Gorny: 2

8 needed to lynch, 9 to lock.

Just to clarify for everyone, I did not use any sort of deux ex machina on the first night. I have a typed record of every single action performed both at night and during the day.

Current votes:
Ankeli: 1
Gorny: 2

8 needed to lynch, 9 to lock.

You missed the vote Asrrin :D

hmm... pretty quiet so far. ok, guys, we need to get talking, get brainstorming or whatever. what do you guys think happened? im sticking to my Phazom reference and thinks someone may have gotten blocked OR the guys couldn't kill on the first night due to rules. i've seen it happen before (Marahumm's game, i think. or at least the SK couldn't kill on the first night). or probably both.

in case you guys are wandering, Phazom is a type of radiated rock or some kind of substance in Metriod. it can corrupt ppl and creatures who come in contact with it AND it can do some mutations (flying jellyfish with teeth, anyone? hehe!) (blame Mara! i've seen him play Metriod when he gets home from work for a week now hehe!. thought Phazom would be a good ref to this :D forgive me if this seems OT, but i just wanted to be clear with some of you if you didn't understand).

and Asrrin, i know you probably did not incorporate Phazom in the game, i was jk! :D

Hello everyone! I really like the theme and the story so far.

xvart.

Unvote: Ankeli

In all seriousness, my take on the no-kill is inactivity, role block or a night time immunity ability as there's no reference to a doctor save. That's completely up to Asrrin's style to write, but generally a doc save is somehow incorporated into the story.

I'm also digging the fallout'ish theme and thus wondering, how many different parties do we have? Obviously the townies and the mafia (raiders? as Asrrin put it), but do we have any so called third parties. Ghouls would fit nicely, maybe acting as a Cult-type? As hard as it'd make the game for us, I'd love to see a cult in. They spice up the game nicely. :)

This round i will deny getting into whatever is written in the story. From past rounds ive noticed its a waste of time to figure out whatever is writen there, if there are any hidden hints or etc.
Lets do it the old fashioned way.
PS: nice to see everyone alive and Professor Chaos still on with her OTness. The Coon will take care of that pretty soon. (just some southpark messing arround, dont take it seriously).

Morning folks, gotta say the current day/night start times will take some adjusting to over here in my gmt+2 zone...love the theme and styling so far though Asrrin :thumbup:.

I agree with Ankeli that a save during this night would've been likely to get a more elaborate writeup - so either a roleblock or a predetermined quite first night is what we have here imo.
@TC - just because last game had people chasing red herrings in the writeups doesn't mean you have to totally ignore them in every subsequent game...

@TC, I hope you learned your lesson last round, please don't get the doc lynched this game ([/spiteful comments me getting lynched last game])

anyway, I stopped reading the sign-up forum a while back. Has anything of importance been said there? If so, i'd consider rereading it, unless someone wants to give a short recap of what has been said there.

asrrin's "no deux-ex-machina" seems to assume that the mafia DID have the power to lynch someone this night, but it didn't happen.
First thing that comes in mind in this kind of situation is a cult (as Ankeli has mentioned) who, in stead of killing someone this night, has recruited a person.
A cult, however, doesn't seem to fit the storyline of a group of raiders infiltrating the town.
This can only mean that either the mafia screwed up (how many new players are in the game?) or the cop/roleblocker intervened.
Since the story was rather short, my guess goes to the first option.

are you all that sick from the radiation or did assrin make a game with 15 jesters

Haha, that was initially what I thought. It looked quite up-spirited though.

in case you guys are wandering, Phazom is a type of radiated rock or some kind of substance in Metriod. it can corrupt ppl and creatures who come in contact with it AND it can do some mutations (flying jellyfish with teeth, anyone? hehe!) (blame Mara! i've seen him play Metriod when he gets home from work for a week now hehe!. thought Phazom would be a good ref to this :D forgive me if this seems OT, but i just wanted to be clear with some of you if you didn't understand).

and Asrrin, i know you probably did not incorporate Phazom in the game, i was jk! :D

.....Leo, Leo, Leo.... At first I thought it was a typo, but typing Metroid as Metriod twice can't be coincidence! You should be lynched for this!! :smug:
Kidding, but don't forget that Metroid is one of the awesomest games around.

On a more serious note, great thing we started out with a clean night without any troubles. As suggested it's probably role-block or inactivity, but either way we can't really determine that yet.

@ Assrin: a vote to yourself is allowed? I don't recall this being able from previous games.

Vote: I_Told_You

I'll bite. A new player + no night kill(s) first night + no implication of a doc save = most likely a mafia communication error of some sorts. Either him, Spudnik or xvart, and since his first and only post thus far was a witty vote on the game mod I'll go with him.

Que defense speech.

Queue? Spelling? Effort :(

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High