Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future! ifra

Re: Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future!

To be honest its painfully obviously I'm townie it really is...

I voiced my concern at Ankeli early doors and voted for him when their was no need to (if we assume I'm mafia)

From my point of view its very difficult to pick someone to target - will I get accused of starting a lynch train etc etc
The other problem I have is since I know I'm townie (like last game I might add - where the mafia got handed it to be honest) how do you react to things like bad ash's comments - me and CC are in cahoots?

Is he just a crazy townie starting all sorts or is he mafia trying to create links where none exists?

Pointing the finger of suspicion at one or more players is different than voting them to try to start a lynch train.

You were a townie last game, so it's likely you are townie this game too ... that is an interesting point.

Ivan said:
And personally targetting someone who has claimed a power role for the town is not a smart move in my book. I'd rather mark the player to be watched instead especially since the source of my mafia status is a claimed cop with no idea what sort she is!

Look at what you have apart from Leo's contribution - I have a solid voting record (mafia player) no flip flop voting, good contributions to discussions etc

Bad Ash (for example) flip flopped on a vote, asked for protection "Because he needs it" and from left field pulls out an accusation that me and another player are obviously scum?!? He won't even help the townie by providing more information - he seems fairly sure he'll get taken out so why not help the townies and supply INFORMATION!

And Leo's original suspiction of me from the very early post (my joke) is laughable - what sort of mafia player would mention all other mafia players? - through the game days information would come out and it would be trivial for people to put the pieces together.

So your saying you don't want to be lynched if it could reveal information that would help the town.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, guys. For the record, I have no idea why Gorny is posting in an odd, albeit rather entertaining manner.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, guys. For the record, I have no idea why Gorny is posting in an odd, albeit rather entertaining manner.

Nothing to add to today's mischief?

About maybe that we got a great start so far by having no NK's yet and a Raider lynch to boot?

Nothing to add to today's mischief?
I still have to absorb it all. Quite an interesting game so far, but more confusing than most.

When I read Raiders in Asrrin's posts, I keep picturing the NFL football team. I'm pretty sure they would be much like those in our game - anti-town, and so far ineffective.

We must return to the source. The reunion draws near. Figures robed in black. We are called to return. Reunion. We must go back. We will go back. Did go back. Must go back. Twilight falls. The shroud of darkness covers hope. The shadow of death stretches its hand forth. Horsemen ride forth again. In the end all is a falsehood of life. The pale rider joins the pale king. The God will reign supreme. We will return to the source.

Well, see, that clears everything up.

@Gorny: we stared ourselves blind of the gibberish you spawned last game. How can we be sure you're not just mafia again, pretending something has happened to you just so we'd get off your back?
You've fake-claimed before (mr treestump). I wouldn't be surprised you're making this all up.
The only reason i'm still kind of believing you is bad ash's claim that he was "given" an item do detect radiation, and since it's only 50% sure of working, a "quack-engineer" could've made it.

next:
this post almost made me lock you. It is NEVER obvious, we can NEVER know for sure, you claiming this, together with dozens of other ways you're trying to manipulate us only digs your grave deeper.

and people, some more activity please, seems like we're slowing down already and it's only day 2...

Why bother locking mate I'm in the lynch position now anyway, I've been very honest and tried to show that lynching me would be an error, even if you get a short term gain in supposed information thinking long term my power would be useful. Hell given one more day you can confirm my townie status (Cop reading herself) Which by the way paints Gorny into a corner if she gets the opposite reading, is that useful information??

Cannot say I did'nt try to help the town, but I went from not a suspect having voted a mafia player out - to getting lots of votes very quickly. Honestly keeping me alive has benefits - gives the mafia another power role to target but your making it very easy to go after the cop with my lynch.

Personally I think Leo has caused more harm than good with her outburst - until she had a clear reading on herself she should have kept quiet, but you'll see I'm right later on, be too late to do squadoosh then.

I'll put my pointless vote up now too, Bad Ash would have been a strong candidate but he's sure he'll be gone soon so we will see.

vote: Spudnik

You have a point that, given you're a "sure mafia", we might as well wait a night to lynch you. The only problem here is that leo might get killed tonight (i'll leave it up to the doc to figure out who to target since discussing it here will only give hints to the mafia).
And then we have no info whatsoever.

If you get lynched tonight, we loose a semi-useful power role. OR we kill a mafia AND we find out that leo is a normal cop, also meaning that gorny is pro-town.

If you really do have your power role, you will probably get lynched tonight anyway. And we wouldn't even know if you were speaking the truth, since we wouldn't get to know your role (since you died and we only get roles if you live)

You're still our best option imo, but I'll leave the discussion open.

Well I think there is a way to strategise around any situation.

Its possible to lynch me - losing a power role, and the mafia to NK leo - you would get no confirmation on her role or anything. All it takes is for the doc to protect him/her self to shaft up your plan.

I still think Doc protects Leo tonight and the bus driver person switches me for someone we suspect of being mafia. I'm sure in a game this size we have a bus driver role. That way you can have your cake and eat it - if the town does not pull together in the same direction we are going to get picked off again like last game.

We need to get our silent power roles working in unison with a strategy. The sooner we can ID the bad guys the better.
And wicked if you feel as you mentioned that I'm the best bet you may as well lock it in, no further discussion will come from anyone other than me for my non lynch.

@Asrrin, if KI is locked, do we get to know his role the next time you check in, or only at the end of the day?

@Asrrin, if KI is locked, do we get to know his role the next time you check in, or only at the end of the day?

Doesn't it end the day short (which means only a couple of hours in this case) with revealing his side? Anyway, it feels like a stalemate atm. There's no more input from other players which is kind of suspicious imo. There might be more to learn today, but I have the feeling the Raiders are being silent.

Let me see if we can get more input, otherwise we might as well lock it in, yes.

What shall we do today CC and wickedswami?

Sounds like a last ditch effort with no substance whatsoever to get off the lynch. You've hardly mounted a defense against your case making it all that easier for us to vote for you. If you indeed are a townie you've got yourself to blame.

Iirc Leo mentioned not being able to check up much, in which case we are pretty much forced to let this lynch going (as I am always pro-lynch). Should she be any kind of cop then she should act accordingly to the outcome of the lynch. I am getting curious now though, I kind of believed Ivan's claim, but not everybody does. If he turns out to be a powertownie it certainly would be a dent in our otherwise fine play.

@CC: I don't think it ends the day short. This has be done in the past but that was only at the end of the game. At that point votes were made in the first 12 hours of the day or so.

@zhao, I have no idea, me and KI are about the only people left posting, aside from a few very short posts such as yours (great help to the town there bro!). So there's not much to talk about is there?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High