Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future! ifra

Re: Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future!

The watchmen at the walls of The Forum noted the Raiders in the distance away from the town, but no effort was made during the night to claim a life.

Man! Great for the town; but disappointing for the game.

I tried to use the quacky professors item last night, it fell apart to pieces in my hands.

What does someone having radiation tell you? Does that mean they are a Raider?

Doctor, please.

Who needs a doctor when the mafia is inactive? I've never been on the mafia side so I might not know how they operate in the nighttime; but I assume one person sends the kill request to the mod; so should the town be looking at people who are inactive or not around much, shirking their Raider duties?

xvart.

Gorny- funky how?

I was informed last night that I am no longer myself until I regain myself. How that is accomplished I have no clue.

I see who I once was as but a reflection in a mirror of things past.

I once was Gorny and now I am Ynrog.

This is all I can say on the matter without revealing PM contents.

Looks like Asrrin set up this game to be a bit...different. Cool.

Raiders seem to be limited to muting atm, t'would be stupid to think this will last so we better make use of these days. Might be a time limit before they start nking, or maybe they need to beat up a specific player, who knows.
Only thing I can say is that it's not unlikely that the mafia would choose to beat up one of their own at an early point to give him a townie feel, so ITY and BoD don't get a clear pass due to being beaten up.

Not sure what to make of Gorman's nightly change atm, though it does seem foreboding along with the 'tar change. I'd probably accuse him of bsing if not for the previous day's lynch info + some other things that fit.

Ankeli's lynch gave us three players with a fair chance to be town - his first lynch target - Gorny (or Ynrog if you wish), his second target - BoD (could be scum voting scum meant to make one of them look better if the other got lynched though) and this part of his lynch write-up:
a search of his personal belongings found a pair of trousers stolen from Zhao_Yue in an attempt to find something useful
Which pretty much clears ZY from being a raider, despite his voting pattern.
Btw, I'm not familiar with the thief role, could anyone shed some light on it?

Also ever think it would be a good idea for a mafia player (which he was) to mention 3 non mafia to elicit this exact reaction?

Well, you're half-right...smart mafia might slip in one of their members besides a couple of innocents. It's also very like Ankeli in a cheeky sort of way.

@Bad Ash - stop giving open directions to the doctor, this is not a good strategy. Also about this radiation detector - I assume it was given to you during the first night & is a 50%, one shot investigation?

@Spudnik - if you're town try to drop the 'fine, lynch me, I don't care' attitude, you're a team player - play for the team and make an effort to catch the baddies.

@Ynrog - Funky is a good word! don't use it in bad connotations. I assume you're no long our lovable quackpot? Y/N on that would suffice if you're allowed to answer.

On another note - I'm about to leave town for several days due to rl matters over which I have no control (and which I did not know about till this weekend). Hopefully I'll have net access and will continue to play as normal but atm I can't tall for sure how this may affect my activity.
If I go unlogged for a longish period, you know what to do, Asrrin...I hope it won't come to that (especially seeing as we have one drop-out already) but I apologize sincerely in advance if it does.

Whew, big post, will check back when and if I'm able to.

Morning All,

First up thanks for everyones support yesterday I was sure I'd be lnyched!!

Why Ankeli:-

Vote: I_Told_You

I'll bite. A new player + no night kill(s) first night + no implication of a doc save = most likely a mafia communication error of some sorts. Either him, Spudnik or xvart, and since his first and only post thus far was a witty vote on the game mod I'll go with him.

Que defense speech.

The vote on me and calling me out- fine I could live with that, but then those last three words- he KNEW I couldn't respond.

TBH I wasn't 100% until the lynch went down , good result for the town!:thumbup:

If I'd tried to explain this in votes yesterday-

1) it would of taken me hours!!
2) he could of defended himself- and theres no way I would of won an argument!!

If I had spoken I would of been killed and there was a few times the frustration nearly made me do it!:crazyeyes:

Good luck BoD (if) this has happened to you.

A few qbservations

Pop quiz for you, how many empty remarks can you spot from the ITY fiasco?

What did you mean by this Zhao - the failed lynch attempted?

Zhao, make a case against me based on what I've posted. ;)

A cry for help from a fellow team mate?

You want to lynch ITY to see his alignment? Skeptical he could be a vanilla townie?

What are your thoughts on Noammr and Ludicrus?

trying to move attention away from ankeli?

I may be reading to much Into this, but youre thoughts Zhao?

/shrug go ahead and lynch me if you want to kill a townie 1/2 aint bad though is it

I HATE it when people bluff, don't do it, it's bad for the town. (read through older games to see my point on this)
vote: Spudnik

about the 0 nk's. I'm starting to think there's a different way of killing going on here.
Some guesses:
-people get recruited in the raiders
-people get infected by radiation and die 2-3 days later. (which would show up in 1-2 days)

The fact that ankeli had zhao's trousers makes me pretty sure he's a townie.
It seems like Ynrog has been stripped of his powers. Answer me this: are you still pro town, or would town benifit more from lynching you today?

A final note for now: I'd like to ask everyone in the game to make a post consiting of only the next sentence:
"I am pro-town"
We might have a lie-detector role (they exist) and that would be an easy way for him to check up on us (however, it could become a problem if the raiders can recruit, since people who are pro-town now, could then become bad guys in the future). Still, I think it can't do any harm.

I dont seeh BODTrader as a beneficila lynch in any way. SO far he hs done nothing scummy. I personally refse to get on that lynch train. Lynching him wouldn't even reveal anything as he hasnt interacted with anyone really. Im getting a pure bannila townie read.

at this point in the game, why would Ankeli not want to vote for BoD?
gorny had 3 votes, BoD had 3 and he had 2 and there were only 2 hours left till the end of the day.
At first I thought it was because gorny claimed a power role, and he wanted to see him lynched, but that would be too obvious, and they could just kill him overnight (or infect him, or whatever)
So now I'm thinking, what if Ankeli was trying to protect BoD at this point, hoping gorny would get lynched.
'beating up' BoD at this point, would be a great strategy, since now everyone would be certain he was townie.
It's just an idea, but I feel like I might be on to something...
what are everyone's ideas?

I think a lot has been made of the trouser stealling- how much control could ankeli of had by stealing his trousers- true he proberbly couldn't go to the shop, well not without being arrested:jig:

I can't see how much control could be achieved without giving the identity of the thief away! Maybe voting control, but what about other activities?

Who's too say the raiders wouldn't steal from there own- no honour among thieves!!

Zhao will have to help us out here?!:scratchchin:

@ Wicked- you were quite quickly on the wagon Ankeli started on me yesterday you are definatley on my suspision list

ITY, I just found it strange that your unvote was the only response...
Once I figured out your situation, I think you must notice I behaved differently.

I think 'thieving' would mean that whatever power Zhao would've had, would go to Ankeli. I believe Ynrog had a pro-town version of that role a few games back.

I'm curious about this. If you were townie, wouldn't you say "our numbers" instead of "your numbers"?

Good catch, I'm thinking this is a newcomer maffia slip up. Combined with the other things about him I'm 99% sure he's scum.

Vote: Spudnik

*Hack* *COUUUUGH* ::time is against me::

*Cough*

The postings here are all a little *hack* redunkulous

I work a lot of the days and will contribute *sneeze* (exscuse me) the most that I can as I did last round when it wasnt an issue haha

Bad Ash was hinting alot for a call from the doctor even on day one.
Is he infected or is it a ploy to draw out a town power role.

Hints on day one -now he got infected in a nighttime action gone wrong?

@ wicked- thanks for clearing up the thief role, and yes my suspision was reduced later and when TC turned out townie

@ luda-a bit early to start off a vote train?

Im no newcomer mafia person ludacris, on this forum yes, but ive played games in the past ;)

Look im pro-town, Im not a very good writer so sometimes what makes sense to me is the complete opposite to somebody else.

I don't know who to suspect at the moment, but im going to vote

Vote: Ludacris

for calling me scum :'(

Also because there so much useless spam going on, Im not always following the talk, if the useless spam was cut down a bit it would be alot easier.

Im no newcomer mafia person ludacris, on this forum yes, but ive played games in the past ;)

Look im pro-town, Im not a very good writer so sometimes what makes sense to me is the complete opposite to somebody else.

I don't know who to suspect at the moment, but im going to vote

Vote: Ludacris

for calling me scum :'(

retaliation vote, strike two!

Btw ITY, im not starting a lynch train. Im starting a lynch, if other people join then they make it a lynch train.

I'm still not knocking Zhao off my list - He did not vote for Ankeli - the pants might just have been part of Asrrin's story and nothing to do with his alignment

Oh I am most definately Pro Town. (For any lie detectors we have)

First off, I am pro town.

Secondly, I will either vote for Ivan or Spudnik.

Oh I am most definately Pro Town. (For any lie detectors we have)

BULL!!

This is definitely going to get me killed either today or tonight, but if it's going to secure a townie win, I'm all for it. I'm the retired CSI (wo)man (aka cop). Night one I investigated Gorny, who turned up Pro-town. Night two I investigated Krazeyivan due to his:

Dude!!!

We are trying to win!

Morning all :D

Yes, Krazeyivan, you did vote for Ankeli, but you also showed up ANTI-TOWN.

Spudnik, from what I've seen from past games, you're making common mistakes for a newbie mafia. Your Freudian slip, plus your revenge vote for Ludacris has me very suspicious of you. Add to the fact you were listed by Ankeli and I've got my eyes dead set on the two of you.

If I had my way I would lynch both of you today. However, since we can only have one vote:

Vote: Krazeyivan

This is definitely going to get me killed either today or tonight, but if it's going to secure a townie win, I'm all for it. I'm the retired CSI (wo)man (aka cop). Night one I investigated Gorny, who turned up Pro-town. Night two I investigated Krazeyivan due to his:

Maybe you're paranoia and you're results are wrong. However I don't think so, because your results seem to be the same as my hunches. Maybe you should investigate yourself? If you're roleclaim is valid.

True, I might be paranoid, but I don't know. I'll investigate myself tonight, and if I survive I'll give you the results and we can go from there. If I die tonight, it will be because I'm dangerously on the right track. You guys'll know what to do then.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High