Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Welcome back @Grape I’m glad to see you around and hope all is well!

Last edited:
Welcome back @Grape . Good to see you back
I was poking around YT for LoD 1.07 footage and found your 1.07 Zon 99 progress video and your Orb/Nova Sorc under your SPF Grape 'tar and I think I gave a like as I am researching 1.07 stuff and like watching these 1.07 vids

Agree don't let your stuff go to cyber dust. All those hours racking 1.07 Shakos, Wiz and Valor. Such history Shame to lose that

Decided (after a lot of thought) to give the sorceress an upgrade, or two to be precise! Going to reroll the Spirit until I get 35% fcr so I hit the 105 breakpoint without the help of a ring. Or I need to be patient and wait until I find one of those gloves with fcr on them... those are still eluding me until now.

Next upgrade will be a shako instead of the circlet (+2 cold skill and nothing much else). She is at act V NM and things turned into a stroll through the parc all of a sudden...
heart of the oak.pngSpirit.png

Welcome back, @Grape ! I remember you from the old days, though I really only posted on SPF for maybe a year or so myself.

... and then I see WorG is still doing tha thang. Amazing!
Speaking of such things, when I was at the forums, I believe @WoRG was on hiatus, but I still remember his old posts in the item find threads, which reminds me--WorG, did you ever get to up and fill the sockets on that Spear of the Gods? I think it was a yellow with crazy insane mods. I was nostalgically showing my kids some of the old items some of you guys found in the old forums, but despite the fantastic job you guys have done archiving the site, there are sadly a lot of defunct image hosting sites that poofed the screenshots.

Regardless, nice to see all the names and avatars from the old days, though I was mostly a reader and not so much a poster. :)

Last edited:
Progress on a Javazon is going well. Made it hell in a couple of days playing. One of my favorite things about d2 is you can play it while working when you’re having to make phone calls.

Have the thunder belt and titans javelin.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Been a long long time, but I'm thinking about a return to D2. I doubt anyone remembers me, spent probably 99% of my time lurking, but I had a few Mat/Pat threads and joined a few tournaments in my day, I think the 2008-2012 time frame.

I need to dig up my old stashes, I think backups are sitting around on an old external HDD somewhere. Very doubtful any of my toons survived the hiatus, though.

As I don't do things halfway, I'm already planning a sept before I know if I'm coming back. Crazy, I know. I'd be doing characters based around the show RWBY, though I'll be ignoring toon gender in my head canon. If anyone knows the show and has opinions on character/toon or has feedback on builds, I'll welcome any feedback.

I'm thinking of:
Ruby Rose - WW Barb with Scythe style weapon
Weiss Schnee - FO FB Sorc
Blake Belladonna - trap Sin
Yang Xiao Long - Fire Bear Druid (cause she's always angry)
Pyrrha Nikos - Javazon
Jaune Arc - Smiter Zealot Pally
Salem - Fishymancer

Progress on a Javazon is going well. Made it hell in a couple of days playing. One of my favorite things about d2 is you can play it while working when you’re having to make phone calls.

Have the thunder belt and titans javelin.
I dropped the thunder belt for the piercing one in act IV Hell. Cleared the room a lot faster.

Those darn Titans are still no where to be found. And I actually would love to have them before I make my zon a Matriarch, just for the fun of it.

She’s so fun to play. Good luck on completing the game with her

I dropped the thunder belt for the piercing one in act IV Hell. Cleared the room a lot faster.

Those darn Titans are still no where to be found. And I actually would love to have them before I make my zon a Matriarch, just for the fun of it.

She’s so fun to play. Good luck on completing the game with her
Really... I had wondered if pierce was that much stronger. That would save a lot of str!

Only have 40 points skilled right now basically. Bolt and Strike (the two main skills yaknow).
Have 27 or so unskilled. Thinking about making one of the lower runewords for a bow for her for now and do the fishyzon (last cold bow skill max with it's synergy).

Really... I had wondered if pierce was that much stronger. That would save a lot of str!

Only have 40 points skilled right now basically. Bolt and Strike (the two main skills yaknow).
Have 27 or so unskilled. Thinking about making one of the lower runewords for a bow for her for now and do the fishyzon (last cold bow skill max with it's synergy).
I think you’ll need the strength for a spirit Monarch shield anyway so that’s maybe not that much of an issue.

If you fiend the pierce one just try it on and see for yourself. The damage drops but the destruction doesn’t.

I’m still in need of some pieces of gear (enigma, extra +skills ring, titans and a 3/20 pair of gloves) to take her to 99

Man... I really wanted to Pat/Mat my first untwinked character with no deaths, but I was hacking away at Hell Griswold last night pretty steadily, full health bulb, and then suddenly instakilled. I was doing a Paladin since that was the first character I ever played D2 with. Before that, my chief complaint with the character is just that he doesn't kill too quickly... the best weapon I've found so far is Bloodletter, but looking to hack my way through some Pit & Countess runs until something better drops or I can build Oath.

He's a Fanazealot, lvl 75 starting Hell with max resists, max block, 24% ll, CBF, 86% FHR, and 5/5/5/5/9 zeal. I thought that would be enough to keep me safe but I guess not. I still have mixed feelings about max block. Even with a lot of points in Holy Shield (~15?) I've still had to pump dexterity a ton, and as a result I only have 800 life, which I'm guessing isn't enough to save you from instakills even in Act 1 Hell.

tl:dr- this game is harder than I recalled, and now I remember why I don't play HC.

Man... I really wanted to Pat/Mat my first untwinked character with no deaths, but I was hacking away at Hell Griswold last night pretty steadily, full health bulb, and then suddenly instakilled. I was doing a Paladin since that was the first character I ever played D2 with. Before that, my chief complaint with the character is just that he doesn't kill too quickly... the best weapon I've found so far is Bloodletter, but looking to hack my way through some Pit & Countess runs until something better drops or I can build Oath.

He's a Fanazealot, lvl 75 starting Hell with max resists, max block, 24% ll, CBF, 86% FHR, and 5/5/5/5/9 zeal. I thought that would be enough to keep me safe but I guess not. I still have mixed feelings about max block. Even with a lot of points in Holy Shield (~15?) I've still had to pump dexterity a ton, and as a result I only have 800 life, which I'm guessing isn't enough to save you from instakills even in Act 1 Hell.

tl:dr- this game is harder than I recalled, and now I remember why I don't play HC.
Oh crap… that’s harsh…

Oh crap… that’s harsh…
Just more inspiration to git gud and makes me respect all those HC players all the more. :) Once I Pat/Mat an untwinked with no deaths I'll try HC again...

On another note, all this Javazon talk is making me think that will be my next character.

I just made mine Mat today so I’ll be playing her a bit less. Might rework her a bit and go for more +skills and less survivability and see how awesome she will be.

But at the moment I have to much fun with nu Blizzball sorc to take her gear down (bull catho’s and spirit shield).

I truely never expected to have so much fun with a sorceress…

Reactions: Swamigoon
Finally.... Matriarch Corrected. Level 80 Fishyzon.
It's been so long since I've been to this point. Diablo 2 is more of a game of attrition for me. I tend to get bored, or die (of boredom) in hc (when I played strictly that). But, long last! :jig:
Some action shots. A couple big moments were taking down D, Ancients, Lister, and Baal. D went down ezpz. Ancients were surprisingly easy with only a few rerolls and potion stashes. Lister's gang was furied to death, and baal took the longest (after the trio of ancients) with his health pool.
Merc's high CB prob with the bosses. And the "let's go farm cows!" motto I chanted during playing as well.
Madawac (light immune) was the toughest. Thought I was going to run out of mana before downing him. Was able to get him 'cornered' whereas each arrow hit him twice: explosion on him and on the wall.
They separated easily enough also. that was my biggest worry. I must have dropped a decoy then ran off. idk.

Attachments

• Screenshot070.png
    Screenshot070.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot072.png
    Screenshot072.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot073.png
    Screenshot073.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot074.png
    Screenshot074.png
  • Screenshot076.png
    Screenshot076.png
  • Screenshot083.png
    Screenshot083.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot084.png
    Screenshot084.png
Hi there, it's Grape, does someone still remember?

So many familiar names. It seems you are still keeping the traditions alive. Thanks ffs et al. with the RFL and all, I kind of fade off, sorry. Just had suddenly too much else to do.

Haven't seen the pink champagne lately, but still got the Hotel California vibes when I suddenly got the urge to check how the SPF is doing.

I'm amazed. You managed to save most of the old stuff. I'm so humbled to see even one of my old characters still being linked to collections. Pb_pal, Vildecor, PhineasB etc. it seems you did one hell of a job. Thanks.

I remember! I used to be called TrubbaNot, and did absolutely nothing of note so I doubt I'm remembered. I am also amazed to see so much of the old stuff! Great (and labor-intensive) work.

• Love
Reactions: Grisu
I'm questing a hunter/summon druid, and having a blast. Here's some thinking out loud:

Harmony is a great runeword for the druid since the Vigor aura means that your summons get to mobs faster, especially the grizzly. Revives are also great, although repairs are expensive. Interestingly, while killing Radament in NM, he got amped by the Valkyrie, which means that she spawned with a weapon that had the affix for that. You can't get that reliably, but it made me wonder if there's any good way to keep her alive. She's starting to die a lot in Act 2 of NM, so there's no way she'll have any tankiness in Hell.

For now, I'm using an Act 3 fire merc for Enchant. I'm also going to try out a barb merc wielding Grief and Lawbringer, for the Decrep proc. I wonder if Decrep will be good enough to keep the Valk alive if I also stack some +skills to get her level up. A level 6 oskill with +11* all skills would get her all rare gear, but she would be completely unsynergized. Might that be enough?

* With CTA on switch, I think you can get +11 all skills while wielding Harmony. Helm +2, body +2, ammy +2, belt +1, rings +2, anni, +1, Battle Command +1. Before D2R, this wasn't possible for a druid, unless I'm missing something. Also, if you're quick, you can swap to CTA, cast BO again, and swap back before the Valk despawns ... I think. It may be that applying BO triggers her to check if you still have the skill. I haven't tried yet.

Reactions: coju
I'm leveling up my Javazon with Exploding Arrow for immunities at the moment to reach level 90. I always try to reach that level before starting a new character. Nevertheless i noticed something strange. Trying out the new lvl 85 areas i am running the Disused Fane in the Kurast Bazaar almost exclusively. Nothing of note dropped so far, but just a few minutes ago. the Disused Fane was completely empty, no monsters at all. I already notcied that the amount of monsters was differing by a large amount but no monster at all? I never saw that before....

Edit: Typos.

Last edited:
Reactions: coju
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High