Almost dead

Re: Almost dead

Its because of that slight chance Bartuc can be FELE that no matter what build, what char, what res, what life, what anything that I back away on that wave in NM.

Its because of that slight chance Bartuc can be FELE that no matter what build, what char, what res, what life, what anything that I back away on that wave in NM.

That's my new rule... after it killed my hammerdin last night!

My near death experience was today, in act 3 in the sewers below upper Kurast.
(lvl 25 skellieNecro)

Me and my friend had just killed a large horde of... stuff, and I discovered I was poisoned. Now normally poison does nothing, it just fades away after a couple of seconds, but not today, it ate off most of my health bulb to quickly for my liking, no prob, just guzzle a health pot and wait a sec. After the pot weared off and the poison still at it. I began to panic, only one way out, I quicky tped. In town I had NO health, I checked my bulb and marvelled, only 1 hp left.

Luckily I hate hardcore, I don't like the down-and-out part of it.

I guess I was hit by more than 1 poison, maybe 4-5.

Heh.

*edit* oops, didn't realise this was a HARDCORE almost dead thread... sorry.

*edit* oops, didn't realise this was a HARDCORE almost dead thread... sorry.

What would be the point to make such thread in SC; people die all over the place anyway.

Duh, I forgot... it's the gold loss! damn!

actually in softcore if you die in hell a few times at, say, level 93, you might as well have died since it will take as long to get to 94 as it would to go from 1 to 90 :p

actually in softcore if you die in hell a few times at, say, level 93, you might as well have died since it will take as long to get to 94 as it would to go from 1 to 90 :p

A few hours? Haha :smug:

A few hours? Haha :smug:

I hear such remarks often, yet find it impossible. Regardless of what "fight these here at that level" type guides I read, none of them actually live up to high levels in a few hours. What gives?

Grush, ~1-2 hours depending on rusher.

Ubering to 80, ~2-3 (?) hours.

Having a level 80+ character in a quarter of a day, priceless.

What ever your needs are, there is High level Hdins ready to spin.

~~~

Serious part :

When you do a Grush, if you do not include the time it takes to get a level 40 to glitch you into NM/Hell, you can have it done fast. If you just go straight for the quests, use a character who can solo well at p8 with no immunes (Enigmadin), you can reach act 5 hell withing a short amount of time.

Then use an organ set (again not counting the time to gather keys/ do Minis) you open the portal, kill D/B, leave Mephy, trap him, bring in leechers, and enjoy the ding ding ding sound while you leech.

The process if done with a good group can be done very fast and you can easily hit 80+ in under 4 hours starting with a level 1. I normally don't do the level 1 thing, as I tend to be the level 40, so i can't give an exact time, but none the less, its easy to do.

Its a bit trickier in HC though, since if you die from a stray firewall in Act 3 Hell running to the red portal by Mephy, you get screwed outta the work. In SC its just Esc and retry. Also, actually Ubering itself it tricky, if the target is messed up and the skels spawn on the low levels.

The hardest part sometimes is finding 2 Hdins to spin, and a Necro to Bonewall. That is unless someone wants to manually walk up to Mephy to trigger the spawns.

Just search for like "Uber leveling Guide" or something of that sort.

I was running NM ancients with my barb and doing fine. I'd finished off Madawc and Korlic and was working on Talic. I was so happy I'd killed the LE Korlic without dying that I didn't notice Talic was FE. So I kill him and luckily get the xp and level up before he explodes, taking me down to |-| health. ><

I hear such remarks often, yet find it impossible. Regardless of what "fight these here at that level" type guides I read, none of them actually live up to high levels in a few hours. What gives?

This post is very much OT and I apologize for that but...

If you read this post here.
You can see that soloing to a decent level isn't impossible (though difficult)
This person made it to Guardian status (at level 65) in 3 hours 20 minutes (even stopping to do his NM Hellforge along the way.)

-hps

Name: POS_Hammerhead

Build: Level 88 Hammerdin (doh), US East Hardcore Hell (but off-Ladder)

Situation: Cruising through WSK1 trying to get this guy, who is a relic from Ladder season 2, up to Level 89, so he can wear the shiny crafted Caster amulet (+2 pally skills, FCR and other goodies) that was made for him eons ago. Accompanied by his trusty A2 Holy Freeze merc Waheed (double doh!), who was confidently crippling everything in his path with his Reaper's Toll Thresher and Treachery armor (gogo Decrepify!), POS_Hammerhead was doing the usual "stop, switch to Concentration, cast hammers, watch everything walk stupidly into hammers (only about 5K magic damage per since no Torch, Anni and only one skiller) and die, switch to Redemption for mana, rinse, repeat" thing... then he turns the corner and gets zapped by the Champion Gloams.

About 1300 of his 1450 hit points gone in one second, and that's with 76% Lightening Resist. Owwies! :shocked:

Pop purple happy pill, "feets do yo' stuff", wait for stupid Gloams to come waltzing up one by one. Serves them right! ;)

As my hero Nietzche says, "that which does not destroy me... only makes me stronger." (That said, I think it's time for a few more mini Lit Resist charms... what's the point of wearing GA if you don't use what it bestows on you...)

Mr. Bill

Hehe good read so far...

Anyways my turn..

During one of my endless amount of Pit runs with my Summon necro Packed with mf gear i came a across a group of archers fallen sisters or what ever there name is..

Thinking my summons do the work an i can call in the CE to clean up they cast AMp alll over my little private Army of summons it only takes a few sec when i find my self all alone in the pits i then call in the tp an run away..

Then thinking to myself hmnn maybe it was just bad luck lets try again so i resurrect faruk an go an get a new army an tries again only this time they aim for me an in a split sec without warning im down to 66 hp out of a total 1409 hp´s .. almost had to change pants.......

Christ i hate amp but i dont respect it at all since im a summoner but when the enemy has ranged its a diffrent case now when i see em i just make a new game..

Hehe good read so far...

Anyways my turn..

During one of my endless amount of Pit runs with my Summon necro Packed with mf gear i came a across a group of archers fallen sisters or what ever there name is..

Thinking my summons do the work an i can call in the CE to clean up they cast AMp alll over my little private Army of summons it only takes a few sec when i find my self all alone in the pits i then call in the tp an run away..

Then thinking to myself hmnn maybe it was just bad luck lets try again so i resurrect faruk an go an get a new army an tries again only this time they aim for me an in a split sec without warning im down to 66 hp out of a total 1409 hp´s .. almost had to change pants.......

Christ i hate amp but i dont respect it at all since im a summoner but when the enemy has ranged its a diffrent case now when i see em i just make a new game..

That doesn't sound like just Amp; it sounds more like "Amp + Extra Strong + Might" or something similar (I understand why you didn't hang around to read the boss modifiers, carefully...).

But those archers down in the Pit, particularly Level 2 where they can fire at the choke point just past the stairs before your minions are able to get at them, can be verrry dangerous, and one other thing to look out for -- yes, if the boss archer has Multishot, you can get hit by more than one arrow at a time; I'm 100% certain of this, I've both had it happen to me and have seen it happen to other players. One arrow from a Might archer with (say) Cursed or Extra Strong is bad enough; two or three may mean it's 'rebuild from Level 1' time. :shocked:

Glad to hear that you dodged the bullet this time though mate. Just don't count on it every time.

Cheers

Mr. Bill

Attract is your friend.

Dim Vision won't stop the boss from giving you a nice hello. Attract however, will make the boss, and everyone around the Attracted monster, suddenly bum rush said monster, all the while you are able to still use Amp to take the monsters out faster.

To me, Attract >>> DV. Even moreso since to make DV effective, you need a decent level, be it from hard points or plus skills, while Attract is a one point wonder.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High