A ROSE by any other name - Item Find Thread April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I found my highest vita skiller so far yesterday since I started SP, assasin shadow 38 life. Haven't played a non-trapsin assasin in at least 10 years, are shadow skillers useful?

I think I found my highest vita skiller so far yesterday since I started SP, assasin shadow 38 life. Haven't played a non-trapsin assasin in at least 10 years, are shadow skillers useful?

A few years back when I was playing Single Player with this community, I found a Pally Combat Skiller with 37 or 38 life and my hard drive crashed very shortly after and I lost everything I had lol. I just started back up a couple weeks ago (lvl 71 sorc now) and I'm glad to be back :D. I have found an Elemental Skill GC with 5 Dexterity though, I probably should see if I can get a Cold Skill GC or some MFSC's for it.

WoRG, is there any particular benefits to the rare jewels in 1.08 that you said you can reroll? I'm not familiar with rare jewels and 1.08.

Thanks for explaining Yann. Can you reroll rare ones then?

I wasn't calling you WoRG, I was directing that question at him because a few posts up he talks about rerolling rare jewels.

Last edited:
I'm not @WoRG but in 1.08 rare jewels can have up to 6 affixes instead of up to 4 in 1.09+. Also, the affix pool is the one you get in later patches and not the botched one from 1.07. So you get the best of both worlds. Plus, since there is no real use for skulls in 1.07 you end up with plenty for rerolling in 1.08.

they can get 6 affixes if they're rare. I don't know if those are restricted to not be magic-affixes or not, but it's probably all in his 1.08 jewel crafting guide.

edit: sniped. Check out his guide, though

Also, there is no gem ratio in 1.07 or 1.08. I.e. skulls aren't more rare than gems like in later patches. Affixes are the same except poison damage and stats.
Code:
(1-9 in newer patches)
Daring         +4-9 Dexterity Jewels(19)[4-6](36)[7-9]
Knowledge     +4-9 To Energy Jewels(24)[4-6](41)[7-9]
Virility     +5-9 Strength Jewels(33)[5-6](50)[7-9]

Basically with 6 affixes, your after something like this:
9 strength
9 dexterity
9 max damage OR +30 single res
30% ed
+10 all res
-15% req

Also, there is no gem ratio in 1.07 or 1.08. I.e. skulls aren't more rare than gems like in later patches. Affixes are the same except poison damage and stats.
Code:
(1-9 in newer patches)
Daring         +4-9 Dexterity Jewels(19)[4-6](36)[7-9]
Knowledge     +4-9 To Energy Jewels(24)[4-6](41)[7-9]
Virility     +5-9 Strength Jewels(33)[5-6](50)[7-9]

Basically with 6 affixes, your after something like this:
9 strength
9 dexterity
9 max damage OR +30 single res
30% ed
+10 all res
-15% req

Oh wow!! That is awesome. That's one thing that I guess I managed to never learn through all of these years, somehow. I haven't ever seen any on b.net, did none or not very many make it to the newer patches? I don't even remember them from 1.09.

And Yann, if you didn't see my previous edit, I appreciate the explanation and I was directing the question at WoRG. That's why I put his name on my post lol. I quoted yours to talk about the skillers and then directed the jewel question at WoRG because he was talking about rerolling them a few posts back.

1.08 was very short lived (less than 2 months) so few items exist. Also, many jewels would have been used back then, so any godly 6 affix would be lost forever in some crappy ancient item. Here's my best sixer from 1.08 so far. As you can see, poison is different than newer patches. It's usually weaker but has a slight chance of being better.

Screenshot002.jpg

@Jamie: Well, everyone else pretty much covered it...use the 6PSkull rare reroll cube formula in 1.08 on rare jewels found in 1.07 (or 1.08, but those can roll well naturally and are MUCH harder to get). There's no really good use for PSkulls in 1.07 anyway (3 PGem formula is borked, 1.07 rares suck in general, Prismatic Ammy rolling doesn't use PSkulls....), so using them in 1.08 for rerolling rare jewels that will get at least 4, and can get 6, affixes is a great way to spend them.

If you run hell Act Bosses in 1.07 with at least 100%MF, any jewel they drop will be rare... 1.07 rare jewels always only get 3 affixes, and jewel affixes in 1.07 are borked anyway, so while you might get a decent 1.07 rare jewel, you'll mostly get crappy ones, like this (dropped this morning from council):
Code:
Storm Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 16
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x3ad33c6b
+1 to Dexterity
+7 to Maximum Stamina
+8 Defense
Forwarded to 1.08 and rerolled with a high level character (clvl DOES matter, especially if you have to reroll it more than once), it can become something like this:
Code:
Death Whorl
Jewel
Required Level: 28
Item Level: 68
Fingerprint: 0xf2d3f4c3
+8 to Strength
+30% Enhanced Damage
+18 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +23%
Adds 1-97 lightning damage
(this was just one of the jewels I used in my 99er's gear...it spawned 6 affixes, but the +mindam prefix and suffix are summed...)

WoRG

I guess council or act bosses are the most efficient way to get rare jewels, then? I probably have like 80 of them from all the LK I've done (I think some may have been "stolen" in my giveaway that I've forgotten about)

LK can be good too... I've gotten quite a few rare jewels from LK. Act bosses are more dependable in that you can 'force' rare drops, and I've been getting them pretty frequently from council as well, especially when horking them...

WoRG

Council is definitely by far the best. 100 MF or so forces rares. As you said, horking them gives a great supply, on top of Skulls as well. TBH though I never saw much use in rare jewels, IAS is usually too good to pass up.

I'm not running Council yet (Barb still too low level), so pretty sure all my rare jewels are from super chests, according to Atma I have 27, of which 24 are ilvl 8_8 so probably LK super chests and 3 are ilvl 93 (RoF super chests).

Some new goodies, 2 from LK and 1 which I found in Andariel's room while playing my Java
Code:
Prefix 849 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 23
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x2dea539d
+21 to Life
+18 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 846 Grand Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 37
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x1bbec35b
+29 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 1063 Small Charm of Vita
Required Level: 39
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0x346e0d18
+17 to Life
Lightning Resist +12%

Oh my. Definitely not a Tyrael's Might, but... oh my. My first one of these (on my untwinked throwbarb, no less):

View attachment 5408
from the hork, no less
Code:
Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 251
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x735a30b2
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-19% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+10% to Lightning Skill Damage
+196 Defense

And another one off the grail for good measure

Code:
Steel Carapace
Shadow Plate
Defense: 1646
Durability: 46 of 70
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 230
Fingerprint: 0x5d199b4a
Item Level: 84
Unidentified
8% Chance to cast level 6 Iron Maiden when struck
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+195% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 15%
Cold Resist +60%
Damage Reduced by 13
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds

Clearly, my throwbarb was supposed to be a light sorc:
Code:
Eschuta's Temper
Eldritch Orb
One Hand Damage: 18 - 50
Durability: 25 of 30
Required Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xa162ac41
Unidentified
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+20% to Lightning Skill Damage
+17% to Fire Skill Damage
+29 to Energy

Granted, I've mentioned that he was supposed to be a cold sorc at times, as well.

Certainly, punctuated by a couple of deaths, one due to mishandling the keyboard, another to stubbornness, granted being fresh off a level, it doesn't hurt too much. Additionally, I'm steadily gaining, if I keep playing today, I might even gain another at this rate.

Got some very nice charms from 1.07 hell council, including another drood :rolleyes: skiller :
Code:
Prefix 834 Grand Charm of Vita
Required Level: 69
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x4b8b8657
+38 to Life
+11 to Minimum Damage

Prefix 967 Grand Charm of Maiming
Fingerprint: 0x4f1ff2de
+58 to Mana
+19 to Maximum Damage

Prefix 1165 Grand Charm of Stability
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0x6f95d423
12% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Summoning Skills (Druid Only)

Prefix 901 Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x2e27ef56
+131 to Attack Rating
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Prefix 848 Grand Charm of Balance
Fingerprint: 0x55c8b12d
+15 to Maximum Damage
12% Faster Hit Recovery

Prefix 931 Small Charm of Maiming
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x1f45f0bf
+20 to Attack Rating
+8 to Maximum Damage
But I finally got a nice skiller for my runner on the last run, plus another (crappy) rare jewel and a flawed ruby + exploding pot, so I rolled a nice twinking ring:
Code:
Prefix 1155 Grand Charm of Sustenance
Fingerprint: 0xb9f3dcb7
+29 to Life
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Dread Scarab
Jewel
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x6d0f5bfd
+16 to Maximum Stamina
+1 to Minimum Damage
Attacker Takes Damage of 3

Prefix 918 Ring of Worth
Required Level: 11
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x1f65e9e5
+118 to Attack Rating
+2 to Minimum Damage
Fire Resist +31%

WoRG

I guess I'll throw it out here since it's one of the rarest items in the game...? Can't say I'll use it over Valor/Bane though ;)
ikrackaroo.jpg

Speaking of how my barb should have been a cold sorc again...
View attachment 5411
Code:
Death's Fathom
Dimensional Shard
One Hand Damage: 30 - 53
Durability: 29 of 50
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0x1567822a
Unidentified
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels