A Lack of Information (A S/U Worshipper Tournament)

@Southpaw8668 - Awesome progress, cool to see the blinding being used so effectively. If you like the valk now, you're going to love her later. They are formidable tanks. Remember, at slvl 8 she gets her weapon upgrade, and will actually be able to kill things fairly effectively (which is good, or bad, depending on how intent you are on maximizing merc kills for the extra MF).

--

Miasma set out once again with Mizan, this time to dispose of that filthy scum Nihlathak. The halls were cleared out without issues, as they were populated mostly by lower health enemies, which Posion Nova made short work of. Once we found the man himself, Miasma took great pleasure in using Poison Explosion to not only dispose of corpses before Nilly could get to them, but also with the nice side effect of clearing out the room incredibly quickly and thoroughly. Once the room was cleared, we threw decrep on Nilly to slow him down, and it was a waiting game while Mizan skewered him to death. Miasma felt a twang of guilt when Nihlathak died. Although he isn't a true Necromancer, it was still nice to see somebody else appreciating the art of necromancy. However, Nilly decided to drop us a lovely little gift:

gFlkqyQ.jpg

AWESOME! We were super happy that we decided to wait before using our socket quest, and immediately took this gem to Larzuk to punch a hole in it. We lose the 25% mf from cathan's set bonus, but the helm provides us with 61 (37 from the helm, and 24 from a PTopaz), so it's well worth it. Also, the +skill is always a welcome addition.

It was now time to continue our journey to the summit of Mount Arreat. Miasma's love affair with Attract continued in the Ancient's Way.

tmQeDFO.jpg

There were actually 2 other Evil Urns which produced identical packs, all of which got the same treatment. It's almost comical how safe it is to stand among a group of fully charged Frenzytaurs with no worries. Soon after this, we found a new weapon for Miasma. Awesome! 25% FR + CR is just great, and ITD even means we can use Poison Dagger if we feel like it (although I can't think of a situation in which I would want to actually use it, any suggestions?). The combination of spening more points in PNova, and the +skills from Tarnhelm (which also boosts LR) has really shifted gameplay. We tore through the Icy Cellar and quickly found ourselves ready to face the Ancients.

We weren't sure how to handle them, as it would be quite tough to seperate them, and Miasma's running speed is super slow to begin with. We tried placing some bone walls to hopefully distract them, and maybe make the thrower step back and away (as you can do with Decoy). It didn't work.

aNvOiLb.jpg

We faced all 3 Ancients together. As you can see we got the thrower stuck behind a pillar, so really Mizan and gumby only faced the two others together. They hardly did any damage though, so we were able to use LR on them instead of Decrep, which sped things up. Before we knew it, they had fallen, and we didn't even use a single health potion.

The WSK was cleared easily and quickly, with PN+LR just ripping through everything. The throne posed no problems to us whatsoever, so it was time for the waves! Wave 1 melted without issue. Wave 2 was also easy, and even a PsI Achmel was harmless, as we used PE on everything else so there were no pesky resurrections. Bartuc and his crew were dismissed fairly easily as well, although they did kill Mizan once when I left him in the middle of a bunch of hydras and refused to give him any pots :p. Wave 4 was contained well with Attract and they fell quickly. Lister and company were tougher, with their 95% Poison resistance. We pulled them out a couple at a time, and Mizan was able to bleed them out, while decrep kept them contained.

Alright, it was time for the big man himself! We were never worried about Baal though, as everyone knows the slow from CG plus decrep makes Baal completely and utterly useless. He didn't even move for the whole fight as Mizan's OW went to work on him. All we had to do was re-summon some gumbies here and there.

u59N0Sc.jpg

Awesome drop! Miasma's luck really held out through act V. The Chancies are only 25% (literally the worst possible), but we don't care, we're just excited to have some reasonable MF for NM. The amulet was Eye of Etlitch, which gave us a very welcome additional +skill. All in all, a VERY nice drop from our favourite Lord of Destruction, and of course Destroyer status.

After this, we cleared out cows. They were an absolute joke. PN would melt entire herds in one shot. It was so easy that we checked multiple times to make sure that the /p setting was in fact at 8. Only notable thing to happen here was Tancred's boots from the King himself. This completes Miasma and Mizan's S/U equipment by filling up the last slot.

Other finds:
- Soulflay (Halls of Vaught)
- +15 life SC
- Berserker's hatchet (WSK 1)
- Lance of Yaggai (Baal drop)

--

Here is a quick run-down of what Miasma and Mizan will be wearing for their journey into NM:

Miasma:

- Tarnhelm (P Topaz)
- Sigon's Shelter
- Diggler and Steelclash
- Chance Guards (25% MF)
- Arctic Binding
- Tancred's Hobnails
- Manald Heal and Cathan's Seal
- The Eye of Etlich
- Angelic Sickle and Hsarus' Iron Fist (Switch)

Mizan:

- Infernal Cranium
- Venom Ward
- Soul Harvest

Current MF:
Miasma: 89%
Mizan: 0%

Hopes for NM:
- Obviously more MF pieces would be nice
- PLEASE a belt with more than 2 rows.
- Weapon upgrade for Mizan, although this isn't crucial

[highlight]Destroyer Miasma the Poison Necromancer, with Mizan the Defiance Guard - lvl 48, NM Rogue Encampment[/highlight]

@Pb_pal - The Tancred's amulet would be a juicy boost to your MF. Witchie will burn some incense and ask this to be awarded to Miasma from her powerful deity Hefaetrus.

Witchie and Jabari made their way through the frozen lands with impressive speed, as the Valkyrie just kept getting more and more amazing in tanking and dishing out killer jabs first with her Chain Lightning Lance and later with a chilling, pestilent War Pike. Her Nova kept going off as well which was probably on her Amulet or Circlet. Here she delivers consistent Chain Lightning to the beasts with the aid of a few helpful Barbarians.
View attachment 2286

As they entered Abaddon they saw these nasty fellows across the lava river and thought they would be rather tough, however the Valkyrie made a mockery of them as they did little to no damage as she was surrounded and Witchie showed one of his minions her quick hit, blind and move tactics. His big flail swings and just misses as he's blinded. When they are they only swing one weapon each attack, which is a whole lot easier for her to dodge when they're chilled.
View attachment 2287
View attachment 2288

Decided to up this very helpful shield to something with some respectable defense.
View attachment 2290

Now this is what I call trench warfare, with the Main Battle Tank up front soaking up the hits.
View attachment 2291

Ancients were not much of a problem as Slow Missiles was used on Madawc and Witchie could generally dodge both his poisonous axes. He was first to go, as he was persistent in chasing her and Jabari around as the other two were totally engrossed in the sweet looking woman with the ponytail and a huge spear. Sometime shortly afterwards the Valkyrie dropped Korlic with a big hit of poison damage after recasting her trying to find a roll with more impressive damage. The poison was the ticket because they both went down fast, shortly after she stuck them each a couple more times.
View attachment 2292
View attachment 2293

Witchie gladly found a Pestilent grand charm with +100 poison damage in the WSK2. For a short spell she starting swinging the quick little purple lollipop to deliver her blinding, chilling blow, since it was a whole lot cheaper to repair than that darn Bloodletter sword. She has pretty much stopped using that sword, unless absolutely necessary to deliver more consistent damage to help out the Valkyrie. However, once they did the Throne and cow level on /p8 it was very apparent that the Valkyrie was more than enough of a tank for her to be able to sit back and watch much more often and play it safe with her measly defense.
View attachment 2295

In the cow level an interesting item was found, which makes we ponder about going back to an Act II mercenary? It definitely needs to be upgraded, but I'm wondering at this point which would be better. Having two tanks up front with spears or stay with Jabari and his chilling effect. Those reading this, what would you do if you found The Dragon Chang spear weapon?:rolleyes:

Witchie and Jabari, Level 48, Rogue Encampment

Nice progress! I wouldn't upgrade the Chang or switch to an act 2 merc. Seems like what you're doing is working well as it is, and that weapon really has nothing to offer. Now if we were talking a holy freeze merc with a razortine the answer might be different.

Congrats on the Destroyer!

I agree with kestegs' sentiment. What you're doing seems to be working well, I don't see enough of an advantage to switch. Also, your current setup is far more stylish, and that always counts. :p

Act 5 started off a little annoying, but not as bad as it could have been. Bloody foothills had hawks, which do an annoying amount of poison damage (-40 res) They are also crazy fast, so tough to not get hit. I used my quest reward to punch a whole in my helmet and make this.

Abaddon was tough, with horror archers. Some got stuck in the lava, but the merc was able to kill them. Here's a big ol' pack of unleachable garbage.

Frigid highland produced a very annoying triple spawn of evil demon huts. It took quite some time to get them down, as the spawn rate was way faster than I could kill them.

The plateau gave me an Alder's weapon. I stuffed it full of 3 orts and it became my PI solution for now. Archeon was not too bad, this guy was the only big problem at least. I often run conviction on stone skin bosses now, as it helps me actually hit them.

The crystalline passage had snakes, unholy corpses, and gloams, which was a pretty rough combo. With gloams about I'm forced to run salvation full time.

Glacial trail had more snakes, including this meany.
Got a PI snake as well. The alder's + conviction worked pretty well, but I run out of mana very quick. Bonesaw was really scary, I never got hit by any of them, but they took some time as I was very careful. The chest rolled rare, and dropped a crazy amount of stuff that I of course can't use.

The Nihl temple garden was a little scary of a start, those charges really hurt, but we got through it without too much trouble. Found a cold sorc skiller in the garden, my first skiller. The entire temple was a giant pain in the neck. Anguish rolled lords and melee flayers. Melee flayers are rather dangerous as they can swarm me, and come in huge packs. Pain level was worse, much worse. Ranged flayers, which come in crazy huge packs, and sand maggots. The sand maggots are fine if they're not accompanied by huge packs of other monsters, but they almost always were. Here's a fun shot, I think there were 3 boss packs mixed in this fight. but in the end I got my redemption! They flayers really don't hurt that much, they're just annoying.

Vaught was really tough as well, although I thankfully didn't get snakes. I got Night marauders, which are almost invisible, and have 0 drain. Also spiders and witches. I had to be very careful, as things could get ugly fast. Nihl was not too bad after I drew out all the monsters around him and ran redemption just in case. I also found this very sexy 15@ GC, which will help me out a great deal, since my resists are horrible.

Icy cellar was not bad, although I really hate all the snakes I keep rolling. Witches mixed in is not good either. I was lucky that I took the bottom path at the start, as there was a nasty pack to the north of the entrance.

The ancients were very difficult, as I expected. They can't be knocked back of course, which is the biggest issue. I probably reset them 15 times to get something I could handle. Things that I can't do are FE (death explosion could kill me) Mana burn, cursed, bad aura, stone skin that makes them PI...
I got 2 down and 1 was at 25% life once, but I ran out of potions. The whirler is the real tough one, charge just doesn't go well with him. But I eventually got a roll I could handle and they went down.

WSK1 was scary with more unholy corpses.

WSK2 was almost the end of my journey. I had a bad stairtrap of melee soul killers, with a champ pack mixed in. When I tried to get some room I awakened a whole lot more, including dome greater mummies and gloams. I got backed into the stairs and went back to level 1. I tried to remember what was in the room and thought about just getting in a corner and trying to melee my way out. But I decided to try to run for it and find some space. I couldn't run vigor, because of the gloams, so it was a slow motion sprint. I managed to just squeak by and I found that there was a somewhat empty space down a couple of rooms over that I could work from.

The throne had witches, gloams, and invaders. Not too bad really. The waves went pretty smoothly. Wave 2 was a little tough with my bad poison resist, but after I led all of the skeletons away and redeemed them it was not so bad. Bartuc was simple after they got separated. Ventar was the same. Lister was actually far easier then I expected, and was no problem at all.

Baal was taken on p3, and was not too bad really. The most annoying part was his mana burning. I had to use quite a few mana potions, but other than that it went pretty quick and was not very dangerous. The drop was actually interesting, although not amazing. The lance is spire of honor, which is a paladin based weapon. But the damage is a bit lower than bonesnap, so there's really no reason to use it. The Hwain's armor was put to use though. I swapped my angelic armor/amulet for it and a mahim-oak amulet. It's not a big improvement, but I net a little AR, life, defense and resists.

I remembered how much life NM p8 cows had on my last character, so I decided to just do them on p1. It wasn't too dangerous, but it was still pretty slow. Cows usually took 2-3 hits to kill. Nothing dropped of interest. All in all I was pretty disappointed with the drops, especially since I increased my MF at the start of the act.

Finds:
Darkglow -Bloody Foothills
Alder's Rhythm -Plateau
Swordback hold -Plateau
Cathan's mesh -Infernal pit
Axe of Fechmar -Nihl Temple
Berserker's helm -Halls of pain
Wall of the eyeless -Halls of pain
Milabrega's shield -WSK2
Stormguild -WSK2
Hwain's Armor -Baal
Spire of Honor -Baal

I did a bit of tinkering, mostly with charms, and am ready to enter hell. Here's my LCS. As you can see, I have a major resist problem. I expect the rest of the game will see a lot of salvation use, because with salvation it looks a lot better. As you can see, I still have a major AR problem. Hopefully a solution will present itself soon.

I don't expect to finish the game with this guy, and I'll be extremely happy if I can even finish the act, as I feel very ill-prepared. But I never expected to even make it this far...

Here's also the skills I've put points in, just in case anyone was curious:

Smite: 1/1
Charge: 20/20

Might: 5/5
Holy Fire: 1/1
Thorns: 1/1
Holy Freeze: 5/5
Sanctuary: 4/4
Conviction: 5/5

Prayer: 1/1
Defiance: 1/1
Cleansing: 3/3
Vigor: 20/20
Meditation: 1/1
Redemption: 4/4
Salvation: 7/7

Dauntless_Train, Paladin, level 74, Hell Blood Moor

Huge congrats on the Conqueror @kestegs !! That is a terrifying LCS for Hell (without salvation, that is). Some really awesome screenshots in there too, I've never seen 3 demon huts spawn like that before, yuck!

Best of luck in Hell!

@kestegs wonderful write up, I felt terrified for you in most of those screenshots, especially WSK2 and also going after Nihl. Now I don't feel nearly as frustrated with Isen in the P/A tourney, you have some nerves of steel. Wow that is some crazy one hit damage your packing! Good luck in Hell.

Well...Hell is a lot harder than I expected! I can count on one hand the number of HC melee toons I've played in hell, so things are surprisingly scary.

The Moor granted me my first PI of hell, the first of many. Aldur's works pretty well for now, but it won't be so great in act 4/5 with big life PI guys. I'm starting areas on p1 and then moving up to p3 if I feel comfortable with the area and have enough space to work. Corpsefire went down, I really love sanctuary! A nasty rogue pack greeted me at the Cold plains entrance. Have I ever mentioned that I hate extra fast?

And you guys thought my LCS was scary before, try it now!

Blood raven went down much easier than last time, it was especially nice that she immediately left the center area and came out where it was more open.

Now this is my kind of PI! Easy stuff. But then there was bonebreaker, who was not so nice.

The cave was not that fun, I really dislike archer packs, although they are not as bad with this guy as with my wind druid. Coldcrow went down. I run conviction a fair amount now, because my chance to hit is right around 60% most of the time, and -70% defense helps tremendously. Cave 2 was a little scary, but luckily I picked the right direction to start off, because I wouldn't have wanted to fight this guy without a little space. Words really can't express how much I want to use this ring :(

PI goats are not so much fun.

Underground passage 1 was not too bad, skeleton archers aren't my favorite though. I was naturally worried about level 2, and with good reason. After I killed the initial fallen I woke up a brutal pack of melee rogues. I don't actually know what the mods were, but I know they were extra fast and mana burn. It took several NDEs and several trips up the stairs to revive Fiona and buy more potions, but they eventually ate it. Then I got another nasty pack of archers, they almost killed me when I walked around the corner, it's a really terrible place to try to fight them.

Looking back at this shot I have no idea why I felt like I had time to take it. I'm cursed and have 4 arrows about to hit me. Apparently I survived though :p

The Dark woods could have been really bad if I wasn't lucky. Treehead spawned just off the edge of the screen from the entrance, and I don't know that I could have taken him without a whole lot of running space.

Griswold was scary. I forgot he couldn't be knocked back, and getting in melee range of him while cursed just seemed like a bad idea, so the fight was taken very slowly and carefully.

More extra fast beasts, yuck! Then I got a pair of goat bosses together that were both PI. Ping pong back and forth until they eventually went down. The hole went pretty smoothly for the most part.

Then there was the part of the act I was dreading most, the tower. I figured I could handle the ghosts as long as there was no stair traps, or semi-stair traps even. This guy on level 2 presented a bit of a problem. He almost killed me before I even saw his mods, as I was attacking the rest of his pack and lightning bolts started flying. How am I supposed to run salvation and sanctuary at the same time? And aldur's is almost all lightning damage, so no help there. I was able to very carefully charge him and retreat with sanctuary on and finally got him down. Little did I realize that I would soon meet his brother. Okay, now that's a major problem. Aldurs does basically nothing to him, and I very well can't kill him with sanctuary on, or he might kill me with the death pop. I tried several times to get him down and let the merc kill him, but he regenerated too fast. I finally decided to just pump a few thawing potions and kill him with sanctuary, and luckily I survived. The rest of the tower went much better, and there were no stair traps. Level 5 was a little tough though. Countess was outside her room, and right after I took this shot a pack of goats that were in her room came out to join the party. She also followed me down there, and it got pretty hairy with both of them. She also would not move from the lower room once she got down there, which was funny.

This failure came out of Tamoe highland, kinda sad, would have been a good switch weapon. Well, that's a really annoying place to put a champ pack of quill rats!

I wasn't that worried about the pits, but I was sorely mistaken. There were 3 packs early on, and it was pretty tough. I was too late to take a shot of this archer's abilities, but it made for a nice death shot! And here's one of the other entrance packs. There was a bad archer pack as well, luckily rogue archers are much easier to separate though. All of my troubles with level 1 were nothing compared to level 2 though. Right out of the gate I got a pack of melee rogues. I don't need to tell you that that area is just too small to charge in, but it really is! I barely took a step around the corner when I was greeted by another pack of melee rogues, and this one had the elemental trifecta. She hurt pretty bad every time I hit her. It seems to me that some bosses are giving off a bugged death explosion every time I hit them. I've never had this except for if the monster is stunned, but I've noticed it a few times so far. There was another melee rogue pack lurking around the corner and then there was the 4th melee rogue pack way down at the bottom. I feel fortunate that the 4th pack was where it was, as it was the worst.

I'm still trying to gamble an angelic ring, and also some boots and gloves if the come up on the screen. Unfortunately I just found this. Finds so far in hell are abysmal :(

Finds:
Death's sword -Crypt
Rakescar -Dark wood
Sparkling Mail -Tamoe

Dauntless_Train, level 77, Outer Cloister

@kestegs - Great progress with what seems like a frustration build, those -resists are scary for sure. Man you really knocked the pots off that Unique Archer Rogue! [emoji2]

Last edited:
Amazing job so far kestegs! I said it before, but man. That LCS is terrifying! Good luck :)

Miasma has ventured out into the wilderness to tackle Nightmare.

All was going quite smoothly until we hit Corpsefire. His pack gave us a taste of what it will be like in NM, now that monsters can have significantly higher poison resistance. It took quite some time to kill his pack, but at least it was safe due to attract and confuse. Killing in general has slowed, despite having maxed out Poison Nova and some heavy investment into PE as a synergy. We'll definitely need to upgrade Mizan's weapon at some point (he is still using Soul Harvest), but for now he still does alright.

Blood Raven was quite simple actually. First we used attract on a pile of zombies, and PN'ed her from across the pack while she plinked at her own minions. After they were all dead, it was time for decrep and chasing to take over. It took a looooong time for Mizan to bleed her out, just look at the mess she left behind! Tsk tsk.

oGFShoY.jpg

Onwards through the cave we went. Coldcrow managed to kill Mizan, but we stood tall with the golem and killed her without too much trouble. We cleared our way to Trsitram, where we found Griswold waiting for us. He was quite tough, mostly due to the help he brought along:

rSpmYWV.jpg

As always, with Gris being cursed, we had to be extremely careful and make sure that at LEAST one monster was always attracted. That way Miasma could focus on using PN to thin them out, and keep a close eye on Grizzy's LE bolts, as lightning is our worst resistance (aside from poison). Mizan died a couple times here, but once the archers fell, we could easily keep Gris decrep'ed, and then it was just a waiting game for Mizan's OW to work its magic. In an attempt to keep these long-standing fights to a minimum, we took this chance to upgrade Mizan's weapon to a Battle Scythe. It seems to have helped, although not tremendously. That's okay, any improvement is good! :)

Treehead gave us no trouble, as Attract proved once again an invaluable part of our arsenal.

The Black Marsh rewarded us with Milabrega's Shield. Alright! This gives us a nice boost of 20 MF, although we take a hit to our resistances. We are now sitting at 30/37/8/something in the red for poison. I'm not happy with 8 LR, so hopefully we can find something to give that a nice boost, since I want to use our next socket reward for more MF, not an Ort rune. Through the Countess' Tower we went, finding Sander's Boots along the way. We switched them out as they are better than our current boots (Tancreds) but we are keeping the Tancreds in our stash just in case we find the amulet. As @Southpaw8668 pointed out, that combo can give us a nice juicy MF boost if we can find it! The Countess was dispatched, leaving us an Ith as a parting gift.

The Smith had Fanatacism, but Decrep balanced it out nicely and Mizan was able to handle him with help from gumby. Our trip through the Catacombs was actually quite terrifying. Tainted are an absolute nightmare for us right now with our pathetic LR, so of course the place was filled with boss and champ packs of them. I didn't take any screenies, as I was too scared to take my focus away from any potions Miasma might need. We drained probably 5-6 full juvies going through there total, although some were a bit gratuitous. The scariest part of these situations is that he's still wearing Arctic Binding, so I only have 2 rows of pots to deal with. I'm really hoping a bigger belt shows up sooner rather than later.

Andy took a long time. Here's what the fight looked like:

h1qlZZm.jpg

Decrep and CG had to be our go-to strategy, as our poison did virtually nothing to her. So after several dirt naps for Mizan, and countless Golems, we finally got her to succumb to OW. Her drop was lame, but that's okay.

Other finds:
- Another Arctic Binding (Blood Moor) - Come on game, give me a bigger belt!
- Isenhart's Armor (Dark Wook)
- Sander's Superstition (Black Marsh)
- Milabrega's Rod (Black Marsh)
- Rusthandle (Pit 2)
- Cathan's Ring (Cat 1)
- Milabrega's Crown (Cat 2) - our third piece of the set this act, cool! (although useless to us..)

[highlight]Destroyer Miasma the Poison Necromancer, with Mizan the Defiance Guard - lvl 52, NM Lut Gholein[/highlight]

--

Table update time! Awesome progress everyone :)

Code:
The Proven (Guardians):
Forum Name     Class        Char Name        LVL    ACT      Area
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azimuthus      Amazon       Furiosa          83     --       Game Complete

Table of Heroes:
Forum Name     Class        Char Name        LVL    ACT      Area
kestegs        Paladin      Dauntless_Train  77     A1(H)    Outer Cloister
jiansonz       Paladin      Beren            60     A3(NM)   Kurast Docks
EasyG          Barbarian    Ignorant         ??     A3(NM)   Kurast Docks
Naturallog     Sorceress    Permafrost       53     A2(NM)   Lut Gholein
Pb_pal         Necromancer  Miasma           52     A2(NM)   Lut Gholein
Southpaw8668   Amazon       Witchie          48     A1(NM)   Rogue Encampment
Dazliare       Necromancer  Covenant         28     A2       False Tombs
Virtue         Assassin     ThisWontEndWell  26     A3       Kurast Docks
srrw           Sorceress    Zoey             25     A2       Palace
SunsetVista    Assassin     Kalandra         23     A2       Far Oasis
U.i.n.i.u      Necromancer  SetUnique        ??     A2       Lut Gholein
Bry            Necromancer  BoneCut          15     A1       Black Marsh
Jocular        Paladin      Grok             12     A1       Stony Field

The Fallen (RIP):
Forum Name     Class        Char Name        LVL    ACT       Area
Southpaw8668   Necromancer  Mithik           80     A3(H)     Spider Forest
Pb_pal         Assassin     Karna            67     A5(NM)    Abaddon
Azimuthus      Necromancer  BoneVoyage       62     A3(NM)    Upper Kurast
Southpaw8668   Paladin      Wolfswift        51     A1(NM)    Cathedral
ranagrande     Druid        Orbin            34     A4        Diablo
Jcakes         Paladin      Ares             ??     A4        Diablo
Bry            Sorceress    ScruffMcBuff     31     A4        Plains of Despair

Witchie has finally had her prayers answered and scored an amazing weapon of destruction, enough to consult with her God Hefaetrus who recommended she rethink her skills altogether, now that she has found her favored weapon type. He told her with such a weapon as Skystrike edge bow, she must train herself to fire more rapidly and deliver his powers of fire in a consistent barrage of Meteors. As she gets more skilled with this new weapon, she finds herself more able to deliver blast after blast from above, it is almost too powerful for these early demons in Nightmare and leaves little work for her Valkyrie and newly hired Mercenary Scorch to do battle with. Jabari had family matters to attend to, so he requested a leave of absence and highly recommended Scorches' abilities. Witchie initially had issues with the amount of mana she had to consume utilizing her new strafe skill and socketed and placed a perfect skull within the new found bow. This has helped somewhat, however it would be wonderful if she could find another item that could leech even more mana to keep her one source full. Some of the other items found include, two Sparkling Chain Mail suits, one was ethereal which was upped for Scorch to wear in place of their measly Arctic furs. Scorch was able to start using the upped Umbral Disk as Witchie no longer needed it. Sigon's boots, gloves, armor and shield we found but all of it is not in use, so it was stored away for safe keeping. Witchie has yet to find a S/U helm or belt, so she has been able to stick with her two topaz superior skull helm and superior demon hide sash. So now to highlight some of the fireworks that she has enjoyed up till now!
View attachment 2403
Once they defeated Andariel they arrived in the desert and Jabari was informed of his need to depart, Scorch gladly joined the assault and proved most capable right in the beginning facing the swarms of undead in the desert.
View attachment 2404
Witchie is becoming more capable of releasing the fires from above to rain down on the evil creatures and cleanse them. Here her Valkyrie is doing battle with Creeping Feature and company. She has yet to summon one that has a higher poison immunity.
View attachment 2405

Witchie and Scorch, Level 54, Cleanse Halls of the Dead

@Southpaw8668 - Awesome, glad to see Witchie has found herself a bow! I look forward to seeing how she puts it to use, I haven't made a bowazon since the 1.09 multi-shot burrito-cannon days. :p

I'm entering this (not dying at level 11 again). I'm allowed to use charms, correct? The original post seems to indicate that.

Warrior and Paladin Zarquich, having finished his education, charged through the Rogue Encampment in search of evil demons and beasts to kill. His strength equal to eight men, he eagerly searched for and found several fallen, which were carrying some strange relic.

http://i.imgur.com/8YXjVcl.png

Zarquich shrugged and picked the amulet off the ground after bludgeoning the owners. It was pretty, after all. Even he could see that. It might make a proper gift for the pretty one he had seen in the camp, Kashya. There were markings on the amulet, but the hero was incapable of understanding them. More fallen, as well as a zombie, possessed items closer to Zarquich's heart: rubies, a diamond, and an amethyst. After imbuing his school-issued sword with blood, the frenzied paladin massacred the demons in the den of evil. He then used the profits from selling various trinkets to buy a holy weapon.

http://i.imgur.com/mbCvEVG.png

Then he covered the holy weapon with his blood.

Upon finishing this strange ritual, he was approached by the strange object of his desires. "My Rogue scouts have just reported an abomination in the monastery graveyard! We need you to do all of the real work and clear it out for us," Kashya explained. Or it was something like that, anyway. He wasn't really paying any attention after the first sentence. After making short work of the monsters converging in the infertile plains, the hero and warrior took a detour and met some strange beasts. He noted that many of the leaders of packs of monsters dropped magical items. Many of these items, however, were more powerful and inscribed with more magic than the others. While more rare, they were clearly worthy of note. After determining this, Zarquich wondered what these items actually did, but eventually sold them to Akara and kept a log of items instead.**

After being alone with magic items for a few hours, Zarquich, bored out of his mind, begged for a companion that nearly equalled Kashya. The leader of the Rogue archers reluctantly lent him one of her finest archers, Abhaya. He took this as a sign of affection.

Upon Akara's and Kashya's commands, he destroyed Blood Raven and moved to rescue the wise man, Deckard Cain. He would be able to read the inscriptions on the items he found. A dark clan, guarding his cage, was no match for our hero.

http://i.imgur.com/tieqWXT.png

**I kept a log of all unique monsters and unusually plentiful chests and what kind of item (magic, rare etc) they dropped, but it's sort of boring with no unique items yet. Although it was interesting to see 5 rare items drop from one chest.
--

Cain held one of the amulets between his eyes and the sun. "You have quite a treasure here in this amulet. It will grant you the potential for more damage, as well as increased resistance to heat and fire spells." Zarquich stared blankly at him for several seconds, took his treasures, and quickly sold them to Akara. He also accepted a cash reward for rescuing Cain instead of a ring.

Zarquich decided to keep the blood-imbued scepter. While he was an intelligent warrior and skilled in combat, the paladin did not know how to read, nor did he have the memory to use naturally occurring magic. It was only the items crafted by heroes past that he understood. If he found Nokozan's Relic, he would understand its history and abilities as well as the finest scholars. A simple spell of worth, however, baffled him.

Remembering the potential power in the gloves called Bloodfist, he went over to what was effectively the town warehouse, Gheed, and begged for heavy gloves. The strange merchant offered him a box of heavy gloves for just under 2000 gold, an offer he quickly accepted, but he didn't recognize the magic of the gloves inside. He demanded another box, but this second one too eluded him, despite being significantly more powerful.

He didn't know it, but Gheed was ironically giving him similar heavy gloves, all with the same property: 14% magic find.

http://i.imgur.com/Vm8kwYG.png

Gloves like these would give him a better chance of finding the legendary items he sought, but he didn't know this.

After giving up, our hero found a mystical tower in the distant marshes. While he was hesitant to go inside, the treasure he discovered was far greater: gold! An evil and deadly creature known as the Countess was guarding it, but he was able to dispatch it without too much difficulty. It carried a rune that even Zarquich recognized.

http://i.imgur.com/2ldNq8x.png

More damage!

After getting rid of the useless scroll of identify he had accidentally picked up with the rune and updating his log, Zarquich walked viciously towards a strange pit. For some reason, dozens of evil rogues had fallen into the pit, but rather than leave them to die, he decided to kill them all. His brutal weapon smeared the walls of the pit with blood and bones.

http://i.imgur.com/Op0KepH.png

After finally reaching the monastery, our hero paused his journey to regroup, possibly buy slightly better gear, and admire his huge and growing store of gems.

Zarquich, level 17 Paladin - Outer Cloister

Hello! I am interested in joining this tournament, having just reinstalled D2. I have never been good at or particularly enjoyed doing runs, so I want to try untwinked single-pass play and tournaments in particular, I've never played HC before. The only Pat I have ever made was a fishymancer, although I have taken a bliz sorc, fishyzon, and trapsin to act 5 hell.

I like this tournament because the fact that I have no clue how to shop or gamble effectively won't really hurt me much.

Looking at the table, it seems nobody is currently working on a druid, and since I've never really played a druid, I'll try that. Maybe a rabies/fury druid. Just see how far I can get with that, and if/when I fail miserably then I'll try something easier.

Questions about rabies/fury druid: one-handed weapon with shield, or two-handed weapon? Should I be thinking about blocking on this character? What if anything can a werewolf druid do for crowd control?

Welcome and good luck!

Questions about rabies/fury druid: one-handed weapon with shield, or two-handed weapon? Should I be thinking about blocking on this character? What if anything can a werewolf druid do for crowd control?

The druid has bad block recovery times, so it is usually best to use a two-hander. You can leech a lot with feral rage --> fury, and the grizzly is a great tank. In NM, Spirit of Oak is immune to physical as well, and makes a pretty good tank for that part.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High