Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0xdc0b4b0b
Item Level: 77
Version: Expansion 1.10++3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +31
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

It's the second-to-worst roll but that's not a big deal. I'm using it on a hammerdin who has resists stacked for conviction anyway.

After a few runs with it, a random Doom Knight dropped this beauty:

Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 252
Durability: 28 of 40
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 58
Fingerprint: 0x880f7ada
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+Adds 6 - 22 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
8% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced by 20%
Magic Damage Reduced by 14

This is my first one and it's only 1 MDR from perfect! O_O Using it on my merc now. Not sure if I should socket it with:

1) an Um rune (expensive as I only have 2 of those so they are pretty precious right now),

2) a +6 or +10 all res jewel (more thrifty than the above but maybe I should save them for weapons)

3) a naked 15 IAS jewel (I have plenty of those),

4) or a 15 fire res/15 IAS jewel.

Leaning toward #4, since it will help my merc a lot in the CS (he doesn't have fire res maxed). I would just hate to socket it in there then find an eth Gaze next run heh. :)

fire res will help the most, and if you need ias then #4 is perfect. If you don't need/want ias, then just throw in a ral or something

I've been doing LK runs for a while. I've found over 300 pgems, a lot of other crafting materials, some decent charms and jewels. No high high runes yet, but here are the first fruits.View attachment 398

Code:
Rune Shell
Coronet
Defense: 64
Durability: 57 of 90
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xe2779662
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+57% Enhanced Defense
+13 to Strength
Replenish Life +6
All Resistances +18

I'm a bit out of practice, I'll be the first to admit, but is there potential for greatness here? I know it's missing FCR, but still...

I don't know zuban, not an assassin expert, it looks pretty though so I guess that counts for something right?

EmperorMoo, my first comparison for any druid hat I find (especially if there is no fcr) is does it beat Jalal's, if not, its scrapped. I guess its a good filler if you don't have one of those though.

BlizzBallerSorc show the decent jewels and charms instead (or in addition to) of Um runes :p

EmperorMoo, like Pyro said, no fcr no cake.

Zubans, it lacks some nice AR mod to be useful.

BlizzBallerSorc show the decent jewels and charms instead (or in addition to) of Um runes :p

EmperorMoo, like Pyro said, no fcr no cake.

Zubans, it lacks some nice AR mod to be useful.
Haha, "decent charms and jewels" to me are probably junk for most of you! IIRC small charms were the best-- some 7% MF, some res all, one with >10 lightning res and >10 life, as well as some jewels like Garnet Jewel of Fervor (nice for Andy's visage).

Last edited:
Rushed some chars today to get an um and forward a sorc for collecting beta BKWBs...

Made a 1.10a CtA w/ 10 BO (just like my 1.10s CtA :/) ...

is lvl 62 too low for hell andy? oh wellll

is lvl 62 too low for hell andy?

Not if you don't die. :D

And for the this-game-never-gives-you-what-you're-looking-for files, I mentioned the other day I needed five more PSkulls for a cubing project, so I was hitting LK for a little while. I found 2 flawless skulls stashed on semi-retired characters and after that it took me 269 runs on /players7 to gather the final 13 flawless skulls. That run total seems pretty excessive for 13 Fskulls, but of course the LK drops in every other regard were fantastic (for such a relatively small # of runs). Here are the results from that little spurt:

Shimmering Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xd3b88198
Item Level: 80
+28 to Life
All Resistances +14

Serpent's Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x2d07f7e3
+11 to Life
+13 to Mana

Steel Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x95e2b269
+28 to Attack Rating
+17 to Life

Cunning Tiara of the Magus
Tiara
Defense: 44
Durability: 13 of 25
Required Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0x44de64a3
+3 to Trap Skills (Assassin Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate

Silver Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x53bc3458
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+52 to Attack Rating

Vex Rune
Required Level: 55
Weapons: 7% Mana stolen per hit
Armor: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Fire Resist

Emerald Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x457e595f
+11 to Life
Poison Resist +10%

Lo Rune
Required Level: 59
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

... not only that, but I managed to gather another ~20 Rals & PAmethysts in the runs over what I had stashed, which meant I needed to gamble/stash a few more high-level junk amulets for crafting purposes. Of course, that small gambling spree produced a pretty nice rare amulet to boot:

Ghoul Wing
Amulet
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xa9769685
Item Level: 93
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
3% Mana stolen per hit
6% Life stolen per hit
All Resistances +12
Fire Resist +30%

But once it was all said & done, it was time to start the cubing/crafting project. I'm still going through the ~3000 PGems + additional crafting/rerolling items I've got stashed for this (I'll post a full report when finished), but this teaser sums up my luck so far:

Hexing Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 83
Fingerprint: 0xb29a8d81
Item Level: 99
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only)
+43 to Life

Grats Phar, and very nice haul Fred, especially that shiny shimmering GC. :)

Speaking of decent charms:

Code:
Prefix 833 Grand Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x7d1b849c
+8 to Minimum Damage
12% Faster Hit Recovery

One day I will make a min-dmg build of some sort...

Edit: A nice surprise a couple runs later. :D

lDST6HDl.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, don't know how you can run LK without colored runes. I pretty much always holding down Alt just out of habit while playing, so it's easy to see the orange flashes or hear gems drop, but I'd have a rough time without those cues.

I've been running at players 4 and 8, and I feel like 8 is slower because when things do drop there is almost too much to sort through. Which do you guys prefer?

The drops improve by odd numbers of players. So if you're at players 4, you might as well drop it down to players 3. Likewise, players 7 is the highest you should go. I definitely need colored runes, but I don't spend a lot of time sorting. If you hold alt as the chest is popped, the individual items pop out one at a time, albeit very fast. I also try to pick paths the run from left to right to get a peak at the few who couldn't fit in the screen as I speed off. So 99% of the time, if I don't see a flash of orange, there won't be a rune.

The drops improve by odd numbers of players. So if you're at players 4, you might as well drop it down to players 3. Likewise, players 7 is the highest you should go. I definitely need colored runes, but I don't spend a lot of time sorting. If you hold alt as the chest is popped, the individual items pop out one at a time, albeit very fast. I also try to pick paths the run from left to right to get a peak at the few who couldn't fit in the screen as I speed off. So 99% of the time, if I don't see a flash of orange, there won't be a rune.
Right-- I'm also looking for pgems, charms, etc., so I'm trying to hit a happy medium. Is that a waste of time? I really don't have many good charms, and I'm always up for pgems for trading stuff, so it seems to make sense to pick up flawless gems etc. when I have the chance. I like for more flawless gems to drop, but when there are too many items, then the extra time spent doesn't help, especially since I'm popping less chests over time and therefore having less chances of getting a high rune.

If I had plenty of pgems, charms, etc., I'd just run through as quickly as possible and only look at the runes.

Last edited:
There's no coloured rune mod accepted for 1.07, nor a players command, so that's p1 LK.

As to 1.10+ with coloured runes, the main gain is those flashes of colour as the chest spews out items allowing you to avoid picking up gold/potions/etc to see what needs to be seen. You'll miss some pgems/jewels/charms occassionally like that (particularly with no sound), but it still ends up being more efficient. But players7/8 all the way.

That said, with practice you only miss non-runes that are completely hidden when running at high speeds, really, and even then you often catch them when they are briefly on display before getting pushed under other items.

There's no coloured rune mod accepted for 1.07, nor a players command, so that's p1 LK.

As to 1.10+ with coloured runes, the main gain is those flashes of colour as the chest spews out items allowing you to avoid picking up gold/potions/etc to see what needs to be seen. You'll miss some pgems/jewels/charms occassionally like that (particularly with no sound), but it still ends up being more efficient. But players7/8 all the way.

That said, with practice you only miss non-runes that are completely hidden when running at high speeds, really, and even then you often catch them when they are briefly on display before getting pushed under other items.
Ya, I don't think I've missed many (or any good) runes so far. You can ignore all the blues and just look at the white text, after all (once you're done picking up charms)

Grats on the 1.07 Lo!

Do you have my e-mail?

I've been playing and gambling in classic. Nothing good since I got some stat+res gloves some time ago. It's hard to get something nice, but when you do it's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High