A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat, unique war gauntlets and gauntlets in same 1.07 council run. I was hoping I'd find those CBF gloves eventually.. though I have no plans for use :p

also a LC with 12 max dmg, ~73 AR

siiick.. you going to max lite, fire mastery + 1+ cold mastery?
That's tentatively the plan, although I haven't done all my research yet on skills and gear! I'm thinking treachery for armor and other IAS gear to get that swing speed faster. I've got an IAS/Fire Resist jewel that would fit nicely in an Andariel's Visage as well.

But sorceress have such terrible speeds with swords. D:

Still a giant stick of beatdown though.

But sorceress have such terrible speeds with swords. D:

Still a giant stick of beatdown though.
Yes--it probably looks like I chose a 1.07 CB base because of the lure of its haxor damage, but to be honest it was just the only decent base I had lying around, and I don't have enough resources to spare to trade for a different one. I was debating whether or not I should use an ATMA bugged base and realized the only base I had already had Oath in it and had been in ATMA, so--decision made for me!

Kingslayer would be really sick in something fast like a Feral Axe!

Yes--it probably looks like I chose a 1.07 CB base because of the lure of its haxor damage, but to be honest it was just the only decent base I had lying around, and I don't have enough resources to spare to trade for a different one. I was debating whether or not I should use an ATMA bugged base and realized the only base I had already had Oath in it and had been in ATMA, so--decision made for me!

Kingslayer would be really sick in something fast like a Feral Axe!
Can confirm. I made exactly that item a few years ago when I played Sc and was sick of having gul runes or something like that.
Sorcs are very fragile, even with the fast swing speed... so use holy freeze merc or something :D. Frost nova might be useful as a 1 pt wonder, as well (cold mastery might make the chill duration long enough to be useful in hell)

Quite handy Kingslayer. Or should I say, quite doublehandy Kingslayer. Will you slay any kings with it anytime soon? I had Nulio in mind, SPF could use many of his items. Fabian is also a good choice.

Quite handy Kingslayer. Or should I say, quite doublehandy Kingslayer. Will you slay any kings with it anytime soon? I had Nulio in mind, SPF could use many of his items. Fabian is also a good choice.
Probably sometime in the next few weeks--I’m in Act 2 NM with a Fanazealot at the moment, and as soon as I Pat him or get bored I’ll start on the Avengeress. I have a little list of gear I could use and am saving up some PGems so I’ll post an ISO in the trade forum as soon as I have everything lined up. If I could slay Nulio or Fabian first, and then use their items to make the character, I suppose it would be easier. :)
Can confirm. I made exactly that item a few years ago when I played Sc and was sick of having gul runes or something like that.
Sorcs are very fragile, even with the fast swing speed... so use holy freeze merc or something :D. Frost nova might be useful as a 1 pt wonder, as well (cold mastery might make the chill duration long enough to be useful in hell)

Thanks for the tips! The Nova seems like a great idea. I am also going to add a lot of life leech and other Dracul’s Grasp for some security, and I’m thinking HF merc with Delirium/Reaper’s for extra security.

Last edited:
delirium/reaper's sounds like an amazing idea for safety. Your biggest worry will always be physical dmg, so DR is necessary (SoE, CoH/shaftstop/glad bane?)

delirium/reaper's sounds like an amazing idea for safety. Your biggest worry will always be physical dmg, so DR is necessary (SoE, CoH/shaftstop/glad bane?)
Great suggestions, I know I at least have SoE!

And yes, on my last melee sorc I added Delirium + Reaper's very late in the game (Worldstone Keep WP) and was amazed at the performance, although my heart stopped a few times when a little stygian doll was hopping next to me (these were one of the few things that really endangered my sorc) only to realize it was my merc.

I think I'll also be standing in fires a lot. :)

@BlizzBallerSorc True.. I went with a Berserker Axe for the same reason, it was what I had on hand, lol.

On Topic, an upgrade for my 1.07 sorc's merc... shame leech won't work though :(

aufC750.jpg

and some 'cute' atma behaviour to go with:

Code:
Armageddon Edge
Legend Sword
One-Hand Damage: 62 to 146
Two-Hand Damage: 124 to 254
Durability: 67 of 67
Required Dexterity: 120
Required Strength: 117
Required Level: 63
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x1fa081d4
+198 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

psst rack a BK CB or grandfather sword for your merc (25% more life and +175 life yessss)

Found my first Ber in below Ancient's Way before my Kicksin even Mat'd. Screwed up the screenshot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High