A Breath of Fresh Air ... A New Item Find Thread

@drmalawi Not my CoA, it's @pancakes and I think any CoA with 2 sockets is not the worst roll.

@pancakes Be honest, you may not have played in months, but you had frequent unclean thoughts :ROFLMAO: All you needed was for your thoughts and opportunity to coincide.
yeah sorry I had a brain fart. Have not been feeling well the last couple of days due to pollen

Another Dfathom dropped from minion while leveling barbarian in terrorzone. This time the roll was really below average.
Would probably sell it to Gharsi if it wasn´t so rare.
Wonder what are the probabilities of 2x Dfathom and Griffon´s dropping from non boss enemies.
Also had a Sur from TZ, Cham from one of the Baal waves and Windforce from Baal himself drop in recent week.
2024-05-26 22_58_41-Diablo II_ Resurrected.png2024-05-26 19_26_02-.png2024-05-20 18_11_14-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png

Sorry for doubleposting, but this deserve a separate post i feel.

Throughout my thousands of hours played before D2R i never could find Tyrael´s, I had -1 Grail for long time. I do not remember finding many Templar´s as well, maybe 2-3 max.
But now (maybe thanks to terrorzones) i hit the jackpot. I have the backup files of my saves and stashes on some eSDD, but back in the day after quitting i gave them to a forum member so it does not feel right to use them. So restarting grail from scratch does not sound like unbelievable plan, considering i have found some other pretty rare TC87s as well already.

I still haven´t installed some muling software so this will have to go gather dust on some unlucky lvl 1 guy.2024-05-28 18_59_20-.png2024-05-28 18_59_40-Diablo II_ Resurrected.png

We should make a Tyraels Might drop club thread!

I still have not figured out what to do with mine. Only thing I can think of is on an Act2 merc for Nila runs... Perhaps I'll need to think more outside the box or just have fun with it somehow.

Building on @drmalawi idea given how seldom they drop I suspect that the thread would get forgotten, unless it was made a sticky. I tend to forget all the links in the Community sticky. I then thought about doing a thread for the top 10 finds Club. Using the MFO scoring that would actually be 13 items due to 5 having the same score.

Tyrael's Might
Death's Web
Astreon's Iron Ward
Mang Song's Lesson
Darkforce Spawn
Death's Fathom
Griswold's Redemption
Griswold's Honor
Crown of Ages
Griffon's Eye
Shadow Dancer
Steelrend
Templar's Might

We should make a Tyraels Might drop club thread!

Given it’s rarity, it is largely the Grail Completed section of the grail thread. Would be nice if people joined there, if they are not already in.

That said, I found mine quite early, it was certainly before -5

Reactions: drmalawi
Two weeks ago or so, I've found a second Cham, so I turned them into a Zod, made a BotD GPA and started a WW barb. To make it at least a small challenge, I decided that he will start with polearm mastery from the beginning (respeccing once he can wear a torch), even though the best polearm I had before BotD was Hwanin's Justice. It turned out that it wasn't much of a problem, as it was good enough to finish nightmare. When the BotD GPA requirements were met, damage increased by a factor of 4 or so, so I did hell act 1-3 at P8 and it was no problem at all. While nightmare with Hwanin's Justice was like running over enemies with a car, it was running over them with a tank with BotD!

Well yeah, I'm still there, playing my favourite video game of the last 20+ years.

Two weeks ago or so, I've found a second Cham, so I turned them into a Zod, made a BotD GPA and started a WW barb. To make it at least a small challenge, I decided that he will start with polearm mastery from the beginning (respeccing once he can wear a torch), even though the best polearm I had before BotD was Hwanin's Justice. It turned out that it wasn't much of a problem, as it was good enough to finish nightmare. When the BotD GPA requirements were met, damage increased by a factor of 4 or so, so I did hell act 1-3 at P8 and it was no problem at all. While nightmare with Hwanin's Justice was like running over enemies with a car, it was running over them with a tank with BotD!

Well yeah, I'm still there, playing my favourite video game of the last 20+ years.
Awesome! This is very similar to what I did a little while ago, though I don't think I used Hwanin's. It's always fun to find an excuse to use weapons like that. BotD GPA is great fun on a fury druid too. Also nice on a merc if Reapers Toll or Infinity arent needed. I was using it on a summon necro merc recently as it really makes them formidable. Also unlike with WW (unfortunately) you get to see the poison novas fly!

UT99-contender Baaling the old fashined way. Only 3 sockets though... I still have not manage to find one with 4 sockets after all these years in single player
1718441500189.png

Reactions: DenimChicken
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High