6 skull cubing Druid Pelts

d2lover

Guide Author
Oct 8, 2019
I want in the future to try out the skull recipe on pelts.

Which druid pelts can have all affixes at a low level?

What it should have:

+2 druid
+3 nado
+3 Oak (yes it's possible on a <37 ilvl helmet)
10 fhr
2 sockets

rest is optional

I know the odds are astronomical low, but if you don't try they are 0 :p

Must the ilvl be 36 for the highest chance of the staffmods?

So should I first bring the ilvl quickly down with a lvl 1 char and then approximate it with a high char (and how high, can't remember the formular?)

Or just pick up 1 or 2 white pelts and imbue them at 32?

The bases you want are Earth Spirit, Sky Spirit, or Dream Spirit...all are high enough qlvl that they can get any prefix that can spawn on a rare pelt (so all can get +2 Druid), and any suffix except for the highest +life suffix (of the Mammoth, +31-40 life). Pelts can actually get +life suffixes (of the Jackal/Fox/Wolf/Tiger/Mammoth) from both their own (pelt) affix pool at a lower alvl, and also from the (helm) affix pool at a higher alvl.

Earth Spirit can get any rare prefix/suffix except 'of the Mammoth'
Sky Spirit can get any rare prefix/suffix except 'of the Mammoth' from the helm affix pool (alvl68)... it can get 'of the Mammoth' from the pelt affix pool (alvl59)
Dream Spirit can get any rare affix, including 'of the Mammoth' from either affix pool...

For the staffmods you want, ilvl must be 25-36, but as long as its in that range, has no further effect unless the item is an imbue:

Imbueing has no effect on staffmod selection (i.e. what tier, and which skill within that tier), but it has a profound effect on the number and magnitude of skills. When a staffmod capable item is generated, a roll is made for how many staffmods it will get (0/1/2/3)...there is a 10% chance for 3, and a 20% chance for 2 (so a 30% chance for 2 or more). Imbueing adds the ilvl to this roll (so a ilvl36 imbue would have a 66% chance for at least 2 staffmods, vs. the 30% of a cube reroll!) Further, an imbue adds [ilvl/2] to the roll for magnitude of the skillbonus (+1/2/3)...normally there is only a 10% chance of +3, but a ilvl36 imbue would have a 28% chance of +3

The formula for the 6 skull reroll is [0.4*clvl] + [0.4*ilvl]. So if you have an ilvl36 pelt, a clvl55-57 character would keep the ilvl36...any higher and the ilvl will creep up, lower and it will creep down (though for rerolling the pelt, you just have to keep ilvl between 25-36, so some downward creep isn't a big deal)

WoRG

note: [ ] = drop fractions/decimals

I used to wonder why some math(s) books used [ ] instead of the more proper ⌊ ⌋, but now I know. The less proper ones are on the keyboard. :D
It makes sense though, dropping everything after the decimal point is rounding towards zero which is different from rounding down (for negative numbers).

It makes sense though, dropping everything after the decimal point is rounding towards zero which is different from rounding down (for negative numbers).
Oh, that's true, but that is not how the math books that I've seen use it. [ ] is taken to mean round down, not truncate, which is now confusing again. :D There's one book (that I've contributed to) that uses [ ] for rounding down.

In the context of @WoRG's post, since everything is positive anyway, truncating and rounding down are the same.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: art_vandelay
WoRG already wrote most of what I have to add, but anyway:

Tornado is a tier 5 staffmod, Oak Sage is tier 2, so you can have them both on a pelt with an ilvl of 25-36, with a 10% chance for each. When assuming to have 2 staffmods (else the calculation will become more complicated), 1% are having tier 2 on the first one and tier 5 on the second and another 1% the other way around, i.e. 2% in total. There are 5 skills in both tiers, so 1 out of 25 will have tornado and oak sage. A staffmod has a 10% chance to be +3, i.e. 1% for both to be +3. That means, the total chance for such a pelt with +3 on oak sage and tornado is 1 in 125,000. Multiply that with the chance to get +2 to druid skills (which is only possible on elite pelts, so the affix level will be high enough to compensate the low ilvl) and the chance is probably less than 1 in a million.

The problem with imbuing in this case is that you need a nonmagical elite pelt with an ilvl of 25-36. That's not possible, also not with cube recipes.

WoRG already wrote most of what I have to add, but anyway:

Tornado is a tier 5 staffmod, Oak Sage is tier 2, so you can have them both on a pelt with an ilvl of 25-36, with a 10% chance for each. When assuming to have 2 staffmods (else the calculation will become more complicated), 1% are having tier 2 on the first one and tier 5 on the second and another 1% the other way around, i.e. 2% in total. There are 5 skills in both tiers, so 1 out of 25 will have tornado and oak sage. A staffmod has a 10% chance to be +3, i.e. 1% for both to be +3. That means, the total chance for such a pelt with +3 on oak sage and tornado is 1 in 125,000. Multiply that with the chance to get +2 to druid skills (which is only possible on elite pelts, so the affix level will be high enough to compensate the low ilvl) and the chance is probably less than 1 in a million.

The problem with imbuing in this case is that you need a nonmagical elite pelt with an ilvl of 25-36. That's not possible, also not with cube recipes.
imbue final ilvl is charlevel +4 as I recall, no matter the base

(could be +8, don't know exactly)

My first imbue with my yet to level up cubing char:

Code:
Raven Horn
Dream Spirit
Defense: 145
Durability: 14 of 20
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0x71d23f35
Item Level: 36
Version: Expansion 1.10+
10% Chance to cast level 3 Nova when struck
+2 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+2 to Twister (Druid Only)
+3 to Fissure (Druid Only)
+24 to Life
Lightning Resist +29%
Poison Resist +11%
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds

nice one :D

only have a crap other ilvl 87 dream spirit, that takes some planned cubing for the right ilvl

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High