[2019] The "I am Overburdened" Tournament! [by Dazliare]

Ghonn said:
Orianna the amazon wandered out from Rogue Encampment and slaughtered every living and undead creature from Blood Moor to Dark Wood while gaining 15 levels for her efforts. During the journey she found a few elemental damage charms and a +4 minimun damage jewel which was immediately put into a 2 socket skull cap.

I thought her name is beautiful but I was not sure where I'd heard it from. Well, as Orianna beat Blood Raven in her own grounds and was rewarded with a companion, there was a slightly awkward moment as Kashya introduced Oriana from Sisters of the Sightless Eye to Orianna.

Well, Team Orianna & Oriana has just saved Cain and stays a while and listens while I leave for work. P8 SC, no NDEs.
So far bowazon has been a blast eventhough I have zero idea how to play one. Not reading guides either - yet!

Code:
Forum Name      Hero Name     Class       Level     HC/SC    Last Waypoint       Personalized Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hackedagainanda Oxygen        Paladin        28     HC       Kurast Docks        -
Jocular         Flick         Druid          23     HC       The Maggot Lair     -
PhineasB        Septimus      Druid          21     SC       Lut Gholein         -
Dazliare        Tryste        Sorceress      20     HC       Lut Gholein         -
Chaostar        Triin         Amazon         19     HC       Inner cloister      -
jonnyphive      Barb          Barbarian      15     HC       Dark Wood           -
Hutton          Boris         Necromancer    15     HC       Dark Wood           -
CaseyJones      Ninjara       Assassin       14     HC       Dark Wood           -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          12     SC       Stony field         -
srrw            TBA           TBA             0     HC       Rogue Encampment    -
Ghonn           Orianna            Amazon          15     SC       Dark Wood    -
Peytron         Lawrence      Barbarian       1     SC       Rogue Encampment    -

Sh*t, I broke the table :( I'm sorry but I have no time to repair it now as I'm not sure what exactly messes it

Babyhell said:
@Ghonn fixed ;)
Code:
Forum Name      Hero Name     Class       Level     HC/SC    Last Waypoint       Personalized Item
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hackedagainanda Oxygen        Paladin        28     HC       Kurast Docks        -
Jocular         Flick         Druid          23     HC       The Maggot Lair     -
PhineasB        Septimus      Druid          21     SC       Lut Gholein         -
Dazliare        Tryste        Sorceress      20     HC       Lut Gholein         -
Chaostar        Triin         Amazon         19     HC       Inner cloister      -
jonnyphive      Barb          Barbarian      15     HC       Dark Wood           -
Hutton          Boris         Necromancer    15     HC       Dark Wood           -
Ghonn           Orianna       Amazon         15     SC       Dark Wood           -
CaseyJones      Ninjara       Assassin       14     HC       Dark Wood           -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          12     SC       Stony field         -
srrw            TBA           TBA             0     HC       Rogue Encampment    -
Peytron         Lawrence      Barbarian       1     SC       Rogue Encampment    -

PhineasB said:
Septimus finished A2 without much trouble. Fissure is OP at this point, especially if you don't mind chugging blue pots. He dropped melee around halfway into the level after picking up his third Tir and shopping a 3os broad sword. Another Nagel dropped on the way to Coldworm (only 19 MF this time):
Screenshot003.jpg
I went straight to the true tomb to clear out the staff and in case I wanted to take a break. Duriel was a pushover at p3 with the prebuff from thawing potions, with only one trip to town needed to restock mana potions:
Screenshot007.jpg
Screenshot008.jpg
Not that I was expecting him to drop anything useful :rolleyes: Other notable pickup came shortly after, when gambling boots to try to upgrade the 17 MF version:
Screenshot009.jpg
A3 is my least favorite act due to the early jungle levels, so he may not make much progress for a while, or if he does, he probably won't full clear that part. Good progress everyone, keep it up!

Code:
PhineasB        Septimus      Druid          28     SC       Kurast Docks        -
Ghonn           Orianna       Amazon         15     SC       Dark Wood           -

Oakbrain said:
I'm going to enter with a kick/trap Assassin. If I can get through Nightmare alive then I'll be doing better than my last tourney attempt!

Code:
PhineasB        Septimus      Druid          28     SC       Kurast Docks        -
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin        1     HC       Rogue Encampment    -

Babyhell said:
BabyBeasts has now entered the Monastery, running to waypoint just to stop playing for this session, at lvl 18.

Lvl 18 hit in the Pit:
7cWn42tl.jpg

The Pit has been pretty rewardful, with a nice shield for BabyBeasts and armor for merc on level 1:
DeOakd5l.jpg

ILkSVJCl.jpg

And on level 2, a 7MF amulet:
cP49GFWl.jpg

In the end current gear status is as follows, trying to get MF and poison res for the Andy fight. Pelt grants me a creeper, still nice to make a little bit more of damage :)
9Fbe3aAl.jpg

iJo9mJBl.jpg

H3b55SEl.jpg

JhDJVQhl.jpg

073GaQil.jpg

Q7VFx0Sl.jpg

The current pair of gloves is a 4 def one - can be replaced anytime. Keeping this for Andy fight if nothing better drops:
IheLRv9l.jpg

Finally, a nice SC dropped i don't remember where, allowing staking some more psn damage and getting some fire res
zBOFZDSl.jpg

And well, cannot ends without... the stash status!
Lyq49Mvl.jpg

Code:
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          18     SC       Outer cloister      -
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin        1     HC       Rogue Encampment    -

jonnyphive said:
Nice progress everyone. Progress on my side is a little slow at the moment due to having just spent a long weekend camping and we're dealing with a few other things around home right now. Will hopefully finish up Act 1 before the weekend!

Oakbrain said:
I kicked off today and Izaida reached level 18 in the Barracks. The going has been pretty smooth. I put 5 points into BoS and I'm now maxing out DT, picking up prereqs on the way. Stat points have been split almost evenly between STR, DEX and VIT since in the long term I want max block and decent boots.

Looking at the tournament restrictions I'm planning the following:
- use standard melee attacks until I find a Mana steal item and better boots, then switch to Dragon Talon kicks. CoS keeps mobs manageable enough for that and BoS helps a lot too.
- save up PRubies and Nef runes to eventually make Blood gloves.
- keep an Amn and Tir rune to personalize a Strength runeword weapon if nothing better drops.
- long term Merc will probably be a Defiance or Might Desert Mercenary.

Various progress screens:

Izaida is fully Topazed up, both mail and helm.
D2 Screenshot001.jpg

Lots of unique and champion ghosts in the Countess's Tower, I swear every level had at least one.
D2 Screenshot002.jpg

The spoils.
D2 Screenshot003.jpg

Shadow magic: blind the mooks, assassinate their bosses.
D2 Screenshot004.jpg
D2 Screenshot005.jpg

And finally, I am now a summoner too.
D2 Screenshot006.jpg

Code:
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          18     SC       Outer cloister      -
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       18     HC       Outer Cloister      -

Babyhell said:
BabyBeasts has progressed toward Lut Gholein, and did the Stony tomb that is right at the city door, to end this session at lvl 21 /p7.

Huge drop to start in catacombs, a 25MF ring!
GP7P3Fxl.jpg

Then a new belt dropped, with some Lres instead of Pres... is now used after Andariel
NeEz7gQl.jpg

Popped in Catacombs L4 at lvl 20.5...
ryqXKqVl.jpg

...and got huge Andy's drop!
l1lGyBMl.jpg

Why eth :(
hBchspGl.jpg

At Lut Gholein, shopped this shield from Drognan
4xNA2RIl.jpg

And that's it for now !

Code:
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          21     SC       Lut Gholein         -
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       18     HC       Outer Cloister      -

Oakbrain said:
Andariel dead (she was easy), Radamant dead (he was hard, see below) and the Cube has been obtained. Izaida is just entering the Far Oasis and coming up to level 24. Fazel the Defiance Desert Mercenary replaces the Rogue.

Unusually crazy time in the Cathedral. Luckily, Bone Ash didn't join in.
Screenshot009.jpg

Andariel drops. All sold except for the topaz.
Screenshot010.jpg

Radament's final redoubt. Only one way in and jam packed with monsters, with him flinging his Unholy Bolts at Extra Fast speeds from behind them. They all went down in the end though. Thanks to the Exp shrine, killing Radament popped Izaida over the edge to the next level.
Screenshot013.jpg
Screenshot014.jpg

I didn't want to touch this guy, and apparently neither does my merc...
Screenshot016.jpg

The Cube was a godsend. Here's Izaida's stash and inventory, before and after.
Screenshot022.jpg
Screenshot023.jpg

Code:
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       23     HC       Halls of the Dead   -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          21     SC       Lut Gholein         -

Jocular said:
Of the lower runes, I feel like the resistance runes (ort, tal, thul, ral) are good to hold onto. But I didnt bother holding onto my El, and tir runes. I'm sure I'll see a few more of each before the end.

I'm also having a tough time deciding what gems to keep. For cubing up runes, for recipes, for crafting... difficult choices!

Oakbrain said:
@Babyhell I won't keep as many runes as I normally do but some are worthwhile. Nefs are used for crafting Blood gloves so I'll keep plenty of those. Eths are used to craft Blood boots, though those have both pros and cons and for me a Charsi Imbue might work out better.

Under the tournament rules a single runeword can be used if Anya personalizes it, so I'll keep a Tir (and when I find one, an Amn) around to make a Strength claw if I need one. I won't make it before Hell though, if I even get that far.

Rosy Maple said:
Hello! I'm new here but can I still join? My character is Malice, goth karate master! (kicksin)

I'll be honest I Have no idea how you guys made the table thingy

Attachments

• Screenshot001.jpg
    Screenshot001.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 1
Babyhell said:
After Oakbrain's update, definitely wanted to accelerate on getting the cube. Therefore i went directly there, and did not clean everything - still hit lvl 22 on /p7.

Anyway got a second chance ring, and the luck to meet a gem shrine on the waypoint level - allowing me to come back right after picking the cube and socket a new wolf head with a Flawless topaz :)
CKjAuR1l.jpg

J2vG5Vyl.jpg

wUGJkW3l.jpg

And yes, i dropped an Eld on the way... my fantastic rune collection is now El Eth Eld :eek::oops:

Code:
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       23     HC       Halls of the Dead   -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          22     SC       Halls of the Dead   -

Babyhell said:
Hi @Rosy Maple !

For the table, just Reply to the post containing the last table, keep only the part between the [ code ] and [ /code ] tags, update your line.

Afterwards, you may well have to edit your own post - as i do each time - to correct the number of spaces between columns, it's not magical ;)

I added a line with the info you gave... i let you correct it :)

Welcome!

Code:
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          22     SC       Halls of the Dead   -
Rosy Maple      Malice        Assassin        1     SC       Rogue Encampment    -

Ghonn said:
Team Orianna & Oriana fell Andariel and they're now resting in Lut Gholein. With stacked antidote potions, Andariel was easier than I would have thought. I don't think I've ever done a real full clear in Act 1 before, but now I did and does that take time! No much luck regarding drops except for two jewels of envy.

All Orianna's skills are still 1-pointers save for Critical Strike which I've leveled to 7. From now on, I'm not sure what to do, but I guess I will take cold route which means I will have to wait untill level 30 when I can finally grab Freezing Arrow. Oh, and Valkyrie and Pierce as well!

Things are actually slowing down now, which I would not have anticipated with an ITH bow ;) That is my only rune so far - by courtesy of Countess.

upload_2019-6-5_21-41-40.jpeg

Code:
Ghonn           Orianna       Amazon         21     SC       Lut Gholein         -
Rosy Maple      Malice        Assassin        1     SC       Rogue Encampment    -

Oakbrain said:
Izaida just reached act IV at level 32. Act III was really all just grinding through blind mobs. Gear has improved incrementally but with no fundamental changes, though I do have max block now.

Build-wise, I have finished taking Dragon Talon to 18 for 4 kicks and put a single point in Shadow Master. I'll pump points into Death Sentry from here on.

Progress pics:

I hate lightning beetles so much and they gave me a lot of grief early in the Act, but I re-jigged my gear for max Light res and could go toe to toe with them.
Screenshot025.jpg

Nastiest point in Act II - four Champion greater mummies and a Unique along with their horde of undead. They were quite a handful since they couldn't be shut down with CoS.
Screenshot028.jpg

Duriel was a pushover, I just had to feed Fazel a couple of health potions. Trash drops though.
Screenshot003.jpg

Mephisto was another easy kill. I have a rare sabre with Amp Damage on switch and so Mephisto went down in very short order. Drops weren't useful but my gear is fine for now.
Screenshot007.jpg
Screenshot008.jpg

Stash and Character screens.
Screenshot009.jpg
Screenshot010.jpg

Code:
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       32     HC       Pandemonium Fortress  -
Ghonn           Orianna       Amazon         21     SC       Lut Gholein         -

Babyhell said:
BabyBeasts now on his way to Arcane Sanctuary. Cleaning areas at /p8 set him at about lvl 24.75 for now.

On the MF side, gloves and amulet had upgrades (106MF total, with an empty slot on wolf head waiting for a flawless and two chipped in armor):
kHfQXwCl.jpg

ipcbbgjl.jpg

Boots had one too, with half freeze mod and some res:
wvYLLvKl.jpg

A third line of pots is now available:
lRRqA4Gl.jpg

Getting some wand for boss fights, couldn't get Amp unfortunately:
zw9467kl.jpg

And a switch to hunter mode with a gemmed crossbow:
6bGAkcil.jpg

Finally, at some point a low lvl grailer!
YxpaFOnl.jpg

Code:
Oakbrain        Izaida        Assassin       32     HC       Pandemonium Fortress  -
hackedagainanda Oxygen        Paladin        28     HC       Kurast Docks          -
PhineasB        Septimus      Druid          28     SC       Kurast Docks          -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          24     SC       Lost city             -
Jocular         Flick         Druid          23     HC       The Maggot Lair       -
Babyhell        BabyBeasts    Druid          22     SC       Halls of the Dead     -
Dazliare        Tryste        Sorceress      20     HC       Lut Gholein           -
Chaostar        Triin         Amazon         19     HC       Inner cloister        -
jonnyphive      Barb          Barbarian      15     HC       Dark Wood             -
Hutton          Boris         Necromancer    15     HC       Dark Wood             -
Ghonn           Orianna       Amazon         21     SC       Lut Gholein           -
CaseyJones      Ninjara       Assassin       14     HC       Dark Wood             -
srrw            TBA           TBA             0     HC       Rogue Encampment      -
Peytron         Lawrence      Barbarian       1     SC       Rogue Encampment      -
Rosy Maple      Malice        Assassin        1     SC       Rogue Encampment      -

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High