[2018] Tournament: Set/Unique Worshippers 2017 [by jiansonz]

TheBoss has killed Diablo on P8 with just a little difficulty. The WarCry shout did not work well on him, but it finally did the trick (along with the cudgel damage).

The only items found in act IV were dropped by Diablo. Cathan's Visage and Cathan's Seal. These will go well with Cathan's Mesh that is currently used by the merc. Using these three set items gives the following basic statistics:

Level 35
STR 53 DEX 44 VIT 160 Energy 40
Damage: 93-223 with Civerb's Cudgel 97-12 with WarCry
Def: 417 STAM:261 LIFE: 726 MANA: 100
FR 51 CR 75 (100 actual) LR 54 PR 37
Magic Find: 7

Here is a list of what he has found so far:
Sandar's Riprap (worn)
Arctic Binding light belt (worn)
Sandar's Taboo (worn)
Isenhart's Case (worn by merc)
Cathan's Visage (worn)
Cathan's Seal Ring (worn)
Cathan's Mesh chain mail (worn)
Razortine (used by merc)
Civerb's Cudgel (used by TheBoss)
Lead Crow light XBow (off hand)

Ten more items not used are: Hsarus's Iron Heel, The Hand of Broc, another Civerb's Cudgel, another Razortine, another Isenhart's Case, Isenhart's Lightbrand, Gleamscythe, DeathSpade, Sigon's Gage, Cleglaw's Tooth

The Boss is considering changing mercs. The Act V merc may be an improvement. I would consider using Isenhart's Lightbrand along with the Case. What is your advice????

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Worshippers Leaderboard[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ---------------------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    83      120         Guardian #2
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    74       86         NM Cows
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Wolron             TheBoss         Barbarian    Singer            35       20         Act V Harrogath
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies            35?      >2         Act V Harrogath
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 32       15         Act IV Pand. Fortress
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
Logoutzero         Bruin           Druid        Summoner          28       10         Act III Kurast Docks
Jocular            GodKnowsWho     Assassin     Dragontail        ??        3         Act II Lut Gholein
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage
jamesixgun         Bethany         Sorceress    ChargedBolt/FOrb  13        1         Act 1 Dark Wood
[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Martyrs[/HIGHLIGHT]

Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ---------------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             HotBones        Necromancer  Fire Golem/BSpear 65       81         NM Act IV de Seis
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67       78         NM Act IV Diablo
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           63       60         NM Act IV Diablo
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        58       41         NM Act II T.Rasha's tombs
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59       28         NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56       33         NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51       27         NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49       25         NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49       28         NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34       16         Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34        9         Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32        5+        Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30        9         Act IV River Of Flame
Wolron             Paul            Paladin      FOH               27        6         Act II Tal Rasha Tomb

Not the Lightbrand, the damage is too low, but what about an upgraded Gleamscythe? You can't be far off from Ral + Sol + PEmerald. Act V mercs do about twice the listed damage with one-handers. Falchions are slow but at least Gleamscythe has IAS.

Current merc with upgraded Razortine should also work perfectly fine for the next two acts.

@OldSoldier: Yah, another point or two in Redemption might help if I want to try destroying corpses while we are fighting. For situations where I've lured the monsters away from the resurrector (will happen a lot in the next act), I currently have level 1+1, which doesn't lead to too annoying waiting times.

TheBoss arrived in Harrogath and was a bit hesitant in talking to anyone. He hasn't been back home for 6 years and he did not leave on the best of terms. When he began to howl at the moon to satisfy his urge to sing, many of his peers did not understand. Finally the ridicule was just too much and he packed up his pitch pipe and started the long walk to Tristram. The years have passed and he has developed his vocal strength to become quite formidable, but his old friends may still shun him.

His first contact was with Malah. Her cheerful welcome home was just what he needed. He told her that he was intent on killing Baal and rescuing his people from Baal's evil intent. She offered any help that she had and he was glad to know that her healing would be available to him if it was needed.

After talking to Malah, he decided to visit an old friend. Larzuk was one of many that did not respond well to TheBoss's decision to major in singing and only take a minor in weaponry. Larzuk's reception was a bit less cheery. It was going to take some time to win him over. This "Shenk" fellow may be the key to proving himself to Larzuk.

Well, TheBoss killed Shenk, rescued another old friend (Anya) and after passing the test of the Ancients has killed Baal on P7. It took a little time, but the combination of WarCry and Jade Tan Do took care of Baal. The best item in Act V was Riphook, but it takes a lot of Dexterity and TheBoss has been putting almost all of his attribute points in Vitality and Energy. Several charms were used to equip Riphook and it does a bit less damage than Jade Tan Do. It will do on the off-hand.

Here is a stat review at the end of Normal Difficulty:
Level 48
STR 56 DEX 63 VIT 175 Energy 85
Damage: 287-316 with the Jade Tan Do 322-348 with WarCry
Def: 431 STAM:289 LIFE: 772 MANA: 158
FR 36 CR 61 LR 254 PR 917
Magic Find: 51

Sandar's Riprap (worn)
Arctic Binding light belt (worn)
Magefist (worn)
The Jade Tan Do (used by TheBoss)
Milabrega's Orb Kite Shield (used by TheBoss)
Cathan's Visage (worn) (socketed by Larzuk and holding a perfect Topaz)
Isenhart's Lightbrand (used by merc)
Berserker's Headgear (worn by merc)
Riphook (off hand)

Nineteen more items not used are: Angelic Sickle, Bladebone, Death's Touch, Hsarus's Iron Heel, Humongus, Leadcrow, Serpent Lord, The Hand of Broc, two Civerb's Cudgels, two Razortines, another Isenhart's Case, Sandar's Taboo, Gleamscythe, DeathSpade, Sigon's Gage, Cleglaw's Tooth, StormStrike

Code:
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    83      120         Guardian #2
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    74       86         NM Cows
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Wolron             TheBoss         Barbarian    Singer            48       31         NM Rogue's Camp
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies            35?      >2         Act V Harrogath
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 32       15         Act IV Pand. Fortress
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
Logoutzero         Bruin           Druid        Summoner          28       10         Act III Kurast Docks
Jocular            GodKnowsWho     Assassin     Dragontail        ??        3         Act II Lut Gholein
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage
jamesixgun         Bethany         Sorceress    ChargedBolt/FOrb  13        1         Act 1 Dark Wood

Code:
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             HotBones        Necromancer  Fire Golem/BSpear 65       81         NM Act IV de Seis
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67       78         NM Act IV Diablo
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           63       60         NM Act IV Diablo
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        58       41         NM Act II T.Rasha's tombs
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59       28         NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56       33         NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51       27         NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49       25         NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49       28         NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34       16         Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34        9         Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32        5+        Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30        9         Act IV River Of Flame
Wolron             Paul            Paladin      FOH               27        6         Act II Tal Rasha Tomb

Ive been itching to play some d2 again. This seems fun. Ill enter with Kody the kodiak druid. Dont know what secondary skill yet. Probably hurricane or armageddon.

Code:
Wolron             TheBoss         Barbarian    Singer            48       31         NM Rogue's Camp
Docturnal          Kody            Druid        Hunger/???        12        0         Act 1 Stony Field

Code:

EDIT: Updated table

Welcome to the fray!

I still have one character that is alive, so here is a report on TheBoss as of NM ACT II

TheBoss had no trouble with Andariel on P3, but she did not drop anything, so I guess that is trouble enough.

The best item found during NM ACT I was Hwanin's Justice Bill. TheBoss could not wait to get rid of that Act 5 merc and hire an Act 2 merc to use it. It doubled the damage done by the upgraded GleamScythe.

Here is a stat review at the end of NM ACT I:
Level 52
STR 57 DEX 62 VIT 175 Energy 86
Damage: 264-317 with the Jade Tan Do 384-409 with WarCry
Def: 429 STAM:293 LIFE: 791 MANA: 177
FR 60 CR 72 LR 75 PR 95 (127 actual)
Magic Find: 44

Sandar's Riprap (worn)
Nightsmoke unique belt (worn)
Magefist (worn)
The Jade Tan Do (used by TheBoss)
Milabrega's Orb Kite Shield (used by TheBoss)
Hwanin's Justice (used by merc)
Berserker's Headgear (worn by merc)
Riphook (off hand)

Twenty-five more items not used are: Angelic Sickle, Arctic Binding, two Bladebones, two Civerb's Cudgels, Cleglaw's Tooth, Death's Touch, DeathSpade, Gleamscythe, Gorefoot, Hsarus's Iron Heel, Humongus, another Isenhart's Case, Isenhart's Lightbrand, Leadcrow, two Razortines, Sandar's Taboo, Serpent Lord, Sigon's Gage, StormStrike, The Battlebranch, The Hand of Broc, Vidala's Fetlock

Code:
Wolron             TheBoss         Barbarian    Singer            52       37         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Docturnal          Kody            Druid        Hunger/???        12        0         Act 1 Stony Field

Code:

EDIT: Updated table

I've taken a bit of a break from D2, but now I'm back to playing somewhat and since this fun little tournament is still actively running with a few posters I decided to start another hero. I introduce to you Velak the Poisonmancer who likes a bulky Clay Golem and employs Corpse Explosion against those who are immune to his poison. He started off in Act I and hired Sharyn the Fire Rogue when given the chance. After killing Blood Raven, he ventured down into the Crypt where he found his first set piece Arctic Furs, which he immediately gave to the mercenary to wear so he could keep his MF ring mail on.
View attachment 10591
Once they arrived in Tristram to rescue Cain the cursed blacksmith decided to drop him a wonderful unique set of gloves called The Hand of Broc after they freed him from his cursed state.
View attachment 10592
They worked their way through Act I and eventually found themselves down in the Jail Level 1 where a skeleton archer dropped them the Rixot's Keen short sword, which has given him a decent melee capability early on while he learns more about how to powerfully deploy his poison damage.
View attachment 10593
As they worked their way deeper down into the Catacomb's trying to locate the demon Andariel another demon awarded them Leadcrow light crossbow that he placed in his off hand with some bolts for a measly distance attack.
View attachment 10594
After finding and killing Andariel, she awarded them with not much treasure but a few gems to sell and some other useless junk.
View attachment 10595
So they took the caravan to the desert and then decided to hire Emilio and leave the rogue back at her encampment for some much needed rest and relaxation with her sisters. Early on they came upon a normal leaper who was carrying the Civerb's Icon amulet, which was a nice little find for Velak to help with his Mana regeneration issues.
View attachment 10596
View attachment 10597
After finally vending a 3 socket Scythe, it was set up for Emilio with 2 flawed emeralds and a green jewel Velak found in Act I, adding +7 max damage. Pretty decent starter weapon and Emilio's killing speed works very well for the time being.
View attachment 10598
But after Emilio killed something in the Maggot Queen's lair next to her treasure chest they dropped the Dimoak's Hew Bardiche which Emilio is now wielding, but I'm pretty sure the Gemmed Scythe was a little bit faster at killing stuff that wasn't poison immune. Oh well, at least his new weapon is also a fast class weapon with the added speed modifier.
View attachment 10599
Later in the Lost City a Marauder dropped a Raven Claw long bow, which Velak swapped out for the Leadcrow light crossbow in his offhand.
View attachment 10600
In the Harem Level 2 the Cleglaw's Claw small shield also dropped, which he immediately had to replace his shrunken head with. He lost +3 to corpse explosion, but gained some significant poison resistance bonuses from now wielding it, which will be nice here in Act II. They are now getting set to venture into this strange Arcane Sanctuary place to kill The Summoner and figure out where the heck Duriel is hiding out.

Velak and Emilio, Level 26, Arcane Sanctuary

Code:
Wolron             TheBoss         Barbarian    Singer            52       37         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Southpaw8668       Velak           Necromancer  Poison/CE/CG      26        8         Act II Lut Gholein        

Code:

Sod it i shall do another character at this, i'll spend today at work pondering what i want to use. Melee more than likely so some sort of paladin probably just not sure which type. Done Freezealot before and also have a hammerdin and holy shock zealer in the works so idealy something different.

TheBoss has killed Duriel on P3. As usual, Duriel took a long time and several returns to Lut Gholein to resurrect Durga. But at least I do not have to feal guilty about the drop from Duriel. He dropped a rare and two magic items along with the usual portal scrolls and a few gems.

Twelve items were found in Act II. Razortail Sharkskin belt was one of the best, but it is Ethereal. Finally, after the Duriel battle, it was down to one point, so it has been replaced by the NightSmoke belt that was used before. I might upgrade that to get the fourth tier of storage, but I have to find a Shael first. The best item found was WitchWild String bow, but it requires 80 Dexterity and that is difficult for TheBoss now that he has to set the Razortail aside (lost 15 dex there). Charms allow it to be used, but a couple nice damage charms had to be put back into the stash for a while.

Here is a stat review at the end of NM ACT II:
Level 59

STR Eighty-Eight DEX 80 VIT 190 Energy 100
Damage: 271-492 with Witchwild String 456-486 with WarCry
Def: 785 STAM:315 LIFE: 938 MANA: 198
FR 75 (76 actual) CR 75 (80 actual) LR 75 (85 actual) PR 67
Magic Find: 72

Sandar's Riprap (worn)
Nightsmoke unique belt (worn)
Sigon's Gage (worn)
Witchwild String (used by TheBoss)
Milabrega's Orb Kite Shield (used by TheBoss in the offhand)
The Jade Tan Do (Used by TheBoss in the offhand)
Spirit Forge Linked Mail mail (worn)
Hwanin's Justice (used by merc)
Undead Crown (worn by merc)

Thirty-Seven more items not used are: Angelic Sickle, Arctic Binding, Berserker's Headgear, two Bladebones, Cathan's Mesh, two Civerb's Cudgels, Cleglaw's Pincers, Cleglaw's Tooth, Death's Touch, DeathSpade, Gleamscythe, Gorefoot, Hellclap, HowlTusk, Hsarus's Iron Heel, Humongus, Ironstone, another Isenhart's Case, Isenhart's Lightbrand, Leadcrow, Magefist, Magnus Skin, Razortail, two Razortines, Rip Hook, Sandar's Taboo, Serpent Lord, StormStrike, The Battlebranch, The Hand of Broc, The Patriarch, Vidala's Fetlock Warlord's Trust, Woestave

Code:
Wolron             TheBoss         Barbarian    Singer            59       49         NM Act III Kurast Docks
Southpaw8668       Velak           Necromancer  Poison/CE/CG      26        8         Act II Lut Gholein   

Code:

So I fired up AndrewNiteTorch for the first time in a long time tonight. I took him through the first two areas of the act II desert. He found three S/U, including Woestave, which is a handy one. 33% and not ethereal so it might be a situational usage weapon. The merc already employs HF and Andrew's Minotaur has 50% slow on it also, but it has good mods in case I'm feeling passive or am facing a dangerous boss type monster since Andrew's resists aren't good. The -50 to hit might come in useful so I can run Salvation instead of Conviction while fighting fire/cold/lightning enchanted monsters.

View attachment 10612

He also ticked to level 78. I skipped the two tomb-y areas though.

TheBoss has killed Mephisto on P3. No close calls, except for the merc who had to be resurrected three times.

Thirteen items were found in Act III. The best item was in the Mephisto drop. The Meat Scraper appears to be slightly better than Hwanin's Justice. It has 50% open wounds and 10% life stolen per hit. The +3 to Barbarian Masteries would be nice for TheBoss, but unless I am mistaken, it will not help the merc at all. It also has +25 Magic Find that will probably not help, but if the merc kills something (and he often does) it may cause a better drop.

Here is a stat review at the end of NM ACT III:
Level 63

STR Eighty-Eight DEX 92 VIT 195 Energy 100
Damage: 317-555 with Witchwild String 492-524 with WarCry
Def: 899 STAM:324 LIFE: 977 MANA: 281
FR 75 (81 actual) CR 75 (86 actual) LR 75 (85 actual) PR 75 (75 actual)
Magic Find: 75

Sandar's Riprap (worn)
Nightsmoke unique Mesh belt (worn)
Frostburn Unique Gauntlets (worn)
Witchwild String (used by TheBoss)
Milabrega's Orb Kite Shield (used by TheBoss in the offhand)
The Jade Tan Do (Used by TheBoss in the offhand)
Spirit Forge Linked Mail (worn)
The Meat Scraper (used by merc)
Undead Crown (worn by merc)
"STILL NO AMULET"

Fifty more items not used are: Angelic Mantle, Angelic Sickle, Arctic Binding, Berserker's Headgear, two Bladebones, Cathan's Mesh, two Civerb's Cudgels, Civerb's Ward, Cleglaw's Pincers, Cleglaw's Tooth, Death's Touch, DeathSpade, Flesh Render, Two Gleamscythes, Gorefoot, GravenSpine, Hellclap, HowlTusk, Hsarus's Iron Heel, Humongus, Hwanin's Justice, Ironstone, Two more Isenhart's Cases, Isenhart's Lightbrand, Leadcrow, Magefist, Magnus Skin, another Milabrega's Orb, Razortail, two Razortines, Rip Hook, Rusthandle, Sandar's Taboo, Serpent Lord, Shadowfang, Sigon's Gage, StormStrike, Tancred's Crowbill, The Battlebranch, The Hand of Broc, The Patriarch, Vidala's Fetlock Warlord's Trust, another Witchwild String, Woestave

Code:
Wolron             TheBoss         Barbarian    Singer            63       62         NM Act IV Panda Fortress
Wolron             TheBoss         Barbarian    Singer            63       62         NM Act IV Panda Fortress

Code:

I have tried this tournament with all seven character types. As you can see from the Martyr listing, NM Act IV is a jinx for me. Diablo ended the quest for both my Amazon and my Assassin; de Seis killed off the Necromancer. Now I will try with my singing Barbarian. When the Necro died at the hands of de Seis, I was looking forward to Diablo and was not careful enough. I had just learned how to do hot keys and thought that the only danger was Diablo and his bone prisons. The hot key for town portal should solve that problem, but I have to remember to not count chickens too early. I guess I will know by tomorrow.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High