This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @Gripphon on Feb 24, 2016.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
Welcome to the first Zodthon! In this thread players sign-up and talk about Zodthon related stuff. Anyone with a legit trade profile can compete. So, sign up and let the fun begin!
What is Zodthon?
Zodthon is contest where we farm runes in various areas during 2 week period and basically ultimate goal is to find Zod! For Hel+ runes players get points based on rarity of the rune (not its level) and at the end each player posts top 5 highest scored runes to get the final score.
Apart from farming runes, here players also farm items. Secondary fun part of a contest is to farm items, post your top 5 items (it is completely your choice what will you put in your top 5, but runes are excluded), and then other players vote for top 3 (again, it is completely up to you who will you choose among top 3 and why). It is similar to Pindlethon.
When is Zodthon?
Starts in saturday 5th March at 00:00, ends in friday 18th March 11:59pm.
Rules and info
1. Areas we run are: all reas on Hell diffictuly, but check point 2 on forbidden areas.
2. Strictly forbidden areas: Countess, LK superchests, Travincal, any superchests (like in River of Flame, you can open them, but runes from in there don't count for Zodthon) and no Hellforge runes.
3. Only HELL difficulty and only 1.13 version of the game.
4. Unlimited format - you play as much as you want to during the duration of the event with any character you want and in any area you want. You can combine characters and areas to your liking. Check again first rule. Also any player settings, it is up to you.
5. Upon signing up you must post the link to your trade profile. If you don't have legit trade profile, you are not allowed to participate. Ideally, signup would look like this: Gripphon
If you are having trouble creating links like that, then simply post your name and link to your trade profile next to it and I'll do it for you.
6. Hel+ runes are scored. In the end, you send your score of top 5 runes you found (or less if you don't have top 5). It is strictly forbidden to cube up runes! Also you must send screenshots of all Vex+ top 5 runes you found (or Ohm+ since Vex has higher score than Ohm ). In case of a tie, we check players sixth best rune and so on.
7. Fun part of event: In the end each player lists top 5 items he found during the event with readouts (runes are excluded). Items are completely up to you, there is no rule what items should you choose to be your top 5. Then, other players vote by naming 3 other participants in order of preference. Your top player will get 3 points, second will get 2 points and third will get 1 point. Voting will start on saturday 19th March and will last that weekend. Player who get most points will win that fun contest.
8. INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT RULE! If you run cow level, you must play with diablo sounds on!
Yeah right. Just kidding. There is no eight rule. Have fun everyone!
Scoring is based on rarity of runes, not level. System is same as on RFO.
Top 5 highest scorers make your final score.
Winner takes 4 items of his choice
Second placed player may take 3 items of his choice
Third placed player may take 2 items of his choice
Everyone else may take 1 item of their choice
HC players have advantage at taking HC items, and Vanilla players have advantage of taking vanilla items first before anyone else for fairness. Any player may refuse to take any item if he wants to.
Every item is valued as 1 item, with some exceptions. 100 pgems count as 1 item as does 50 runes lower than Pul.
zticazzy 1.13 SC vanilla
frozzzen 1.13 SC with some 1.07 items
Gripphon 1.13 SC
thefranklin 1.13 SC
Frozzzen accepted to be supervizor, so you send results to his mail
*redacted - Pb_pal*
Results should include your top 5 runes as well as screenshots of all Vex+ runes you found. Just upload them somewhere and paste link when sending results.
Also, when you do send results, be nice and say it in here and also please state your forum name when sending results so Froz doesn't have to guess who you are.
Example of results:
Forum name: blabla
Total points: over 9000
Please post your top 5 items (by your choice, see rule 7) until saturday 8pm CET.
Post any suggestions or questions you might have.