[2015] The Passive Aggressive Tournament [by Pb_pal]

FollowTheBear traversed the jungles and entered the temple city of Travincal and deposed Mephisto. There wasn't much problems in the act when actually playing, but there were mental lapses that but FollowTheBear's life bulb in jeopardy. Who knew the word jeopardy had an "o" in it. TY spell check!

Early in the act, I happened across this: (if only this had been upgraded!) It was in the shops, i just randomly checked it. Great stats for being only lvl 60!
Shopped%20at%2060.jpg

I found another item that I don't know if I had ever seen before. I sure as heck couldn't have told you what it was before id'ing it. I do have one in my softcore stash, so it wasnt a grailer. It was close to one!

This is after about 10 minutes of fighting one guy:
meh%20PI.jpg

There, that is better. (15 seconds for the last half of his hp)
Problem%20solved.jpg
The only Problem is now I can't go rehire a defiance merc, and two of the three auras in nightmare are banned, so we will now be welcoming a thorns merc! The act 3 merc without a weapon or +skills did not out damage the act 2 merc with the cruel halbred. Having two tanks is also twice as nice.

I finally found a 4 socket ONE HANDED sword (after many 2 handed swords and one handed axes). Can't complain about the FCR roll. It would be useful if i happen to not deed this guy. Found an awesome boss. My boss name would be "Dr Pepper Drinker." His is much tougher sounding, of course.

This is what happens when I summon a bear in fighting gear to reposition or scout rooms: (and say hello to Chalan)
lvl%2020%20grizz.jpg

Here is what happens with my best prebuff (+1 druid +1 grizz helm, +1 druid ammy, +2 spirit, +2 shrine):
lvl%2027%20grizzly.jpg

Almost twice the damage! I will get around to gambling some +3 ammy/circlet before hell. Too bad the 1.11 Druid runeword requires a Mal. Hello, snakes!

I was hoping I could find something like this:
haha%20screw%20baal%20stick.jpg

It dropped in Durance level 2. I was super psyched, so apparently I felt like running into a room full of dolls, maulers, and vampires and decided to see how that worked out. It wasn't pretty, but there wasn't deeds. I went down to about 100 hp and hit a full juvy. I was able to make a tp in a corner, came back in, got it congested, somehow made a tp out, came back in, almost died to doll explosions from the merc/bear killing things, and then finally decided to run from the wp.

Yikes at this FE explosion wth 35 fire resist. The vampire would not lose hp unless i was also swinging with my spirit sword. I had muled off Edge (because I wasn't going to gamble, and didn't need the thorns) so I didn't have PMH. He would gain a lot of hp as soon as I ran away! It was the hardest fight in that level.
Meph was easy and positioning with the two tanks was not a problem. Had to baby the merc occasionally, but mostly meph focused on the bear or spirit. The drop was meh.

FollowTheBear, level 65.4,
already cleared Izual in Act 4. I forgot to go back to normal to hire a defiance merc, so the going is slow with my tanks taking a lot of damage.

It seems like the entire act is trying its best to set up deed spots for you. How thoughtful. :)

EDIT: Didn't want to double-post for a small update.
The Sewers were no issue. Radament merely killed one Dire Wolf (got 3 once I hit 21 down there). Deathspade was actually extremely useful in the Halls. The Blind effect from it lasts quite a while (30+ seconds?) and made clearing rooms much more expedient than without it. I found a Cleglaw's shield which effectively nullifies hazardous poison damage.

Cubed a 20-73 Savage Polearm with 1-3 Cold damage mod. Meh mod, but you guys definitely weren't wrong about the damage! Wow! Also cubed ~7 full juvs for later. Level 22 so far. Probably a 2 hour maggot lair awaits. Oh, and I decided to move from patch 1.10 to 1.13. Just because runewords will probably be useful in higher difficulties. >.>

During the trek through act IV, FollowTheBear didn't even break half life. Hephasto was a tank and spank for Hazade and Bear.

Even though I was rocking 340 mf + a little bit for the merc, I didn't find any uniques.

Entire armies of bugs were squashed. Even De Seis was easy. Super fast allowed minions to be separated easily.

Diablo Prep screenshot. My lightning resist drops on edge switch. I am only going to use that for putting pmh if needed. I have a Rattlecage for the merc. The Diablo fight was extremely easy. Bear needed a lot of recasting, but the merc could tank just fine. Fire damage made me laugh with hostpur and nokazon.

Should I make duress, crescent moon, upp'd um'd kelpie (if I find a pul, that is) with my hellforge? Open wounds is great, such a cool rune to find.

And Diablo Drop: Low quality if there ever was any.

*Natasha appears

Natasha: We

Visala: Are

Melody: Back.

DJ: And with a vengeance. How was the time off?

Natasha: Not bad. Me and Visala did some wandering around the world.

Visala: The Monastery looks so much cleaner now. And Kurast is a city again!

Melody: I spent this time doing some training in the shadow realm. I'm much better than I was before.

Natasha: And yet you still disappear randomly....

Melody: That's because you run too fast...

View attachment 1109

DJ: Having that greet you in the first pack is kind of annoying.

Natasha: I'm definitely not switching her out. We're doing great without men.

Visala: I was kind of sad, but she said there was no way. Thanks Natasha!

View attachment 1110

View attachment 1111

DJ: I think the game was trying to suggest something....

Natasha: Yep, that I should be focused on instead of your sept?

DJ: Maybe.

Melody: I was the star for the Izual Massacre.

View attachment 1112

Visala: Natasha went off when he dropped three piles of gold and a magic broad axe.....

Natasha: I'm not angry. It's just a vendetta now. That's all.

DJ: Talk more about your finds.

Natasha: Another hsaru's belt, an excellent rare full helm with +28 FR and +19 LR (I like freaked out at looking at it.),along with Hit recovery, and a chance to cast level 3 nova. If that had been frost Nova, it would be perfect.

Melody: She also found a nice rare amulet with +39 life and Poison resist, as well as 19% MF and a +1 to Lightning Skills (Sorc).

DJ: We still need to work on the fire resist. The inferno people are getting annoying.

Natasha: I agree.

DJ: Well, now I guess I'll do some alternating, as your drops have made me feel much better about your chances.

Natasha, Visala and Melody: Thanks DJ!

Natasha, Visala, and Melody, the now levels 33, 33, and 4 blade sentinel assassin, fire rogue , and shadow master, Now in the City of the Damned, next up: River of Flame.

@thefranklin - Oh no! Sorry about the deeds, that's too bad. Diablo is one of those fights that can turn very ugly very quickly. I was really enjoying FollowTheBear's journey, he will be missed. Great job getting as far as you did!

@Interdasting - keep up the good progress. :)

@djmbbandie - Glad to see you back, great work!

--

Code:
The Proven (Guardians):
Forum Name     Class        Char Name      LVL    ACT       Area
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jiansonz       Sorceress    Sissy          87     ---       Full Game Clear
Pb_pal         Amazon       Calabi         **     ---       Full Game Clear

Table of Heroes:
Zylo           Druid        Hoyt           59     A3(NM)    Kurast Docks
sivaeB         Necromancer  Toast          49     A2(NM)    Lut Gholein
felixbavaria   Sorceress    Swoosh         51     A1(NM)    Inner Cloister
bladejj        Necromancer  Relic          48     A1(NM)    Cold Plains
srrw           Druid        PurpleHaze     48     A1(NM)    Rogue Encampment
Dazliare       Amazon       RIP_Vladimir   35     A5        Harrogath
djmbbandie     Assassin     Natasha        33     A4        River of Flame
kestegs        Necromancer  WallE          32     A4        Pandemonium Fortress
ranagrande     Barbarian    Beldric        28     A3        Kurast Docks
Bee            Barbarian    Rocky          28     A3        Kurast Docks
pharphis       Sorceress    SlamDoorsShut  23     A2        Far Oasis
Interdasting   Druid        Interdasting   22     A2        Maggot Lair
Morathi        Assassin     Carrisa        21     A2        Lut Gholein
Jocular        Assassin     ?????          14     A1        Stony Field/Dark Wood(?)
jamesixgun     Druid        John           13     A1        Dark Wood
queenEm        Druid        LittleGirl      1     A1        Rogue Encampment

The Fallen (RIP):
thefranklin    Druid        FollowTheBear  66     A4(NM)    Diablo
Southpaw8668   Necromancer  Hallow         61     A3(NM)    Great Marsh
Southpaw8668   Amazon       Contessa       15     A1        Andariel

Thanks guys. It was poor, drowsy play. All of the sudden my merc ran over to me, so I was in the process of trying to get him to attack diablo. I had forgotten to mule on the tele circlet I had saved. I didn't really panic, but I didn't hit any buttons , either. The druid was done following the bear.

Thanks for hosting @Pb_pal! I went further than I thought, and felt OK when it was over. It would have been a huge time investment, now there is some free time for other chars that are gathering dust.

So LittleGirl is lvl 18 and has just reached the jail lvl1 wp. The thing is: I am not FEELING it. It feels like I am just waiting for her to deed so that I can start another char. She is just boring.

The FollowTheBear story made me wanting to play a druid fr the first time in my life. So... I'll just change the class to druid and keep the name. Start over

queenEm said:
So LittleGirl is lvl 18 and has just reached the jail lvl1 wp. The thing is: I am not FEELING it. It feels like I am just waiting for her to deed so that I can start another char. She is just boring.

The FollowTheBear story made me wanting to play a druid fr the first time in my life. So... I'll just change the class to druid and keep the name. Start over
Sounds good to me! I've adjusted the above table accordingly, good luck and hopefully this one is more enjoyable. :)

Natasha: That was fun.

DJ: How was the River?

Melody: The entire River of Flame was a pain due to spawners and Blood Maggots.

Natasha: Yep, Not fun due to the massive amount, but lots of blood everywhere at least.

Melody: I got to take out Hephasto, who had a conviction aura.

Visala: We're both glad you got him.

upload_2015-4-1_0-35-11.jpeg

DJ: I was amazed by this.

Visala: I see an Edge soon.

DJ: Yep, now for a good bow for you to put it into....

Natasha: Diablo was a pain, as usual.

DJ: Even P3 didn't help, did it?

Natasha: Not very well. He killed Melody three times and Visala twice.

Visala: It was good that I got him with the amp bow before I fell.

Natasha: Yep, my showdown with him consisted of me throwing around my level 20 blade sentinel and him throwing around fire and the pink lightning.

upload_2015-4-1_0-38-18.jpeg

DJ: At least he fell.

Natasha: Yep, but it was scary. Dropped absolutely nothing of value though, except for the Topaz.

upload_2015-4-1_0-39-29.jpeg

Visala: Yep, now we're in Harrogath. We just cleared out the Bloody Foothills and got rid of Shenk.

Melody: I'm so much stronger now than I was before, it was pretty much a breeze.

Natasha: I still don't like poison catapults though. Notable finds are only a Tancred's Crowbill...

DJ: Yep, but at least you're in the serious leveling section. Now Melody will be unstoppable soon.

Natasha: I hope so.

Natasha*, Visala and Melody, the now levels 36, 36, and 7 Blade Sentinel Assassin, Fire Rogue, and Shadow Master, just hit the first waypoint of Act V. Next up: Frigid Highlands

Note: This is the furthest I've ever been in a tournament.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High