[2015] The Committed Tournament [by kestegs]

kestegs said:
@skoolbus nice progress! I did NM act 5 at p8, and do so with most tournament characters. I would think you'd be fine at p3 for sure.

@jiansonz Darn, that sucks! Sometimes it's the simple mundane things that can be the most dangerous. Rip.

Vildecor said:
@jiansonz Ouch! That's gotta be frustrating. RIP, Geezer.

Atalata is forging through the second Act in NM, searching high and low for that elusive Amn rune...

The Sewers was not too difficult. Lowest resistance is cold (70), the rest are at 75. Combine that with the rest of my defensive stats and that meant the Burning Dead Archers weren't too much of a threat. I was able to eat this guy's attacks:

Screenshot046.jpg

Radament gave my Valkyrie a bit of trouble, but nothing a re-cast couldn't solve. We apparently interrupted a party in the Stony Tomb.

Screenshot049.jpg

We got quite a shock. We stood our ground here, using plenty of Decoys to keep a majority of the casters busy. The Halls of the Dead wasn't as much fun as it was for us in Normal. 80% of the time, the Valkyrie's time was spent in the middle of a mosh pit of Skeletons, while Itonya and I took on the Unravelers, using Decoy to keep wandering skellies busy. Longest parts of the dungeon involved my Valk making a stand in doorways to never-ending waves of skeletons. Decoy was used here to draw some of the skeletons in the back of the crowd further into the middle of the room. Once I was able to, I'd squeeze through the crowd and make for the closest Unraveler.

I really started to notice the lack of damage on my rare crystal sword at this point. During a trip to town I shopped an interim replacement until I get that Amn to upgrade my rare. It was a Ferocious (185%) War Sword of Switfness (30%). This thing was quick, with a damage range of 22 - 57. It helped things die quicker and fill my health bar up faster.

The maggot lair was easy in that the monsters didn't have many opportunities to surround us, but difficult in that the maggots took a long time to die. The valk and Itonya took out Coldworm while I was slicing away at 2 maggots at the edge of the room. I don't even remember seeing Dark Elder in the Lost City. He must have been the one my Valkyrie took out in 5 seconds. Once she hit level 17 and got her Rare War Pike, she was even more of a force to be reckoned with. I will go ahead and max out the Valkyrie skill, giving her Rare Crusader Gauntlets (at slvl 19) and Rare Mirrored Boots (slvl 21 with my +1 Lore helm). Any other plus skills I get will benefit her gear, up to slvl 27 (rare tiara). I've been leveling up Valk and Penetrate evenly. My chance to hit's still pretty decent. With no AR bonus on my War Sword, I was still getting about a 75-80 % chance to hit things. Once those are both at 20, I'll get Evade up to 5 hard points, then max Decoy.

There was another party going on in the Claw Viper Temple.

Screenshot055.jpg

I didn't want to dance with these guys right here. We hot-footed it out of there and found a tunnel branch with only 4 vipers and made our stand there, slowly bringing in the 3 champs and the boss pack waiting at the door. I spent a decent amount of time tanking 1-2 snakes throughout this place, with my Valk getting charged and knocked back. I think each charge was taking about 75 health from me, so not too bad. This place will suck in Hell. The first passages I took went straight to level 2. I decided to go ahead and drop down. Fangskin's pack spawned right on the altar, so things looked great. We made our way around, clearing out skellies and their Guardian. I was tempted to let Itonya just snipe Fangskin and crew while I watched, but I didn't feel that was sporting enough. I wasn't sure how to handle this part, though:

Screenshot056.jpg

I didn't want to head over to that guy, just to have Fangskin and company surrounding us. Instead, I cast a Valkyrie on the Guardian's face and took Itonya with me around the top of the room and down the other side, taking out a third Guardian on our way to the bottom. By the time we got there, the Valk had already taken out the Guardian AND Fangskin. I satisfied myself with tanking one of his minions. He hit hard enough, but it wasn't too dangerous. Wouldn't want 2 or 3 of them charging me back to back though.

The palace cellars were cleared without too much hassle. Lots of decoys were sacrificed in the faces of angry skeleton archers. I stood toe to toe with a Champion Dune Beast without too much difficulty.

The Arcane Sanctuary with its horde of Ghosts would hopefully net me that elusive Amn rune to upgrade my rare Crystal Sword.

Or not.

This place was lots of fun. Goats were funneled to their death, Ghosts fell to 3 or 4 of my Valkyrie's attacks. Ghoul Lords weren't threatening with max fire resist. Not even an extra fast Ghost boss was scary. The strategy was the same as always. Run forward, see scary mobs, run behind Valkyrie, let her engage, name lock stuff and kill. I'd occasionally have to recast her in the middle of groups of monsters when Itonya decided to get between me and the Valkyrie while running through the narrow walkways.

And here's my first attempt at a cropped picture of the exciting finds so far this Act:

A3drops.png

The Ko rune was found in Halls of the Dead lvl 2. Still searching for a 4os base to put Harmony in for my merc. The rings turned out to be another Cathan's and Manald Heal. Meh. The gloves were my 3rd attempt at crafting Blood gloves and are now what I am using. With these on, I pulled Sander's boots out of my stash to replace the 20% FRW, 20% fire resist rares I was using. Cold resist dropped (it's now at 67 after replacing my crafted ammy with the one that dropped in the above pic). The boots let me run faster, give me more dex for blocking, and extra AR. Nice stuff.

During the stash switchout, I realized I had enough runes to cube an Amn (luckily...I'd been using Thuls for those Safety Amulet crafts). So we are now blessed with this:

Screenshot061.jpg

I cleared out the Canyon of the Magi with this baby. I can definitely tell the difference. It doesn't swing as fast as the war sword I was using, but it packs a bigger punch. Now it's time to go get my Valkyrie surrounded by hordes of undead while I look for the biggest bug to squash.

Destroyer Atalanta - Level 58 even-stat Passivezon, clearing out some tombs, Act II NM

Pb_pal said:
@Vildecor - Awesome job! Love those gloves, and the sword is looking pretty spiffy too.

My only suggestion is to NOT put any extra points into Evade. It can get really nasty if it gets triggered at the wrong time. Generally, if you're moving you want to KEEP moving, not get locked into evading while a volley of arrows is headed your way. I kept it at 1 point with my passive zon in the Passive Aggressive Tournament (she made it to Guardian), and never had a time where I wished I had invested in it.

JudgeHolden said:
Okay, I entered earlier with a summoner druid. Turns out that a summoner druid is the world's most boring character to play. At least a summoner necro can curse and explode stuff, the druid just stands around doing nothing.

I want to enter again with a bow amazon named Beinta, even stat distribution.

Would you guys recommend strafe, exploding arrow, or immo arrow as a secondary skill to freezing arrow? I'm thinking prayer merc to synergize meditation once I get insight. Or will I have AR issues to the point where blessed aim merc makes more sense? Advice appreciated here also.

jiansonz said:
JudgeHolden said:
Would you guys recommend strafe, exploding arrow, or immo arrow as a secondary skill to freezing arrow? I'm thinking prayer merc to synergize meditation once I get insight. Or will I have AR issues to the point where blessed aim merc makes more sense? Advice appreciated here also.
I have only experience with Immolation Arrow, which I liked quite a bit. No AR problems with it either, since the flames are always delivered anyway (or at least I think so).

Maltatai said:
The elemental damage from exploding and immolation arrow always hit, just like a sorceress fireball. The pure mageazon gets by without caring about AR and just focusing on using her big mana pool to keep her arrows flying. So dropping the AR is definitely viable.

The opposite - god AR and physical damage and leeching - is equally possible but dependant on more specific mods from items so it's probably harder in tournaments. My bowazons had frequent trouble with low damage bows.

My recommendation would be immolation arrow because it is
1. underrated
2. independant of AR to cause damage which makes it easier for you
3. dealing damage over time to enemies in the flames, just like poison, so they don't regenerate

The last thing is highly useful. Complement it with poison small charms and you can take down any monster in time.

If you go the mageazon route prayer seems the most useful, but some people have had great success with defiance too, although I've never tried it late in the game.

JudgeHolden said:
Bahh, thanks felix! I completely forgot insight has MF. You saved me a LOT of time, because I have 0 interest in playing such a mana-hungry build without my precious insight, and I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed the MF until I actually made the weapon!

Ok, back to the drawing board... will edit when a new character is thought of.

Ok 3 builds on my mind, all with questions:

-All energy light sorc. Do you think I'll still have major mana issues without insight? I was thinking lightning as the main skill, with enough points in static field to get a good radius to weaken lightning-immunes for the merc to take down. Is this viable?

-Mauler. Would even stat distribution or all str make more sense? What about phys immunes?

-Passive/Magic assassin. 20 points in venom, 20 in a shadow, a few each in fade, CoS, and mindblast... then what do I do with skill points? Is this a viable build even?

kestegs said:
JudgeHolden said:
Bahh, thanks felix! I completely forgot insight has MF. You saved me a LOT of time, because I have 0 interest in playing such a mana-hungry build without my precious insight, and I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed the MF until I actually made the weapon!

Ok, back to the drawing board... will edit when a new character is thought of.

Ok 3 builds on my mind, all with questions:

-All energy light sorc. Do you think I'll still have major mana issues without insight? I was thinking lightning as the main skill, with enough points in static field to get a good radius to weaken lightning-immunes for the merc to take down. Is this viable?

-Mauler. Would even stat distribution or all str make more sense? What about phys immunes?

-Passive/Magic assassin. 20 points in venom, 20 in a shadow, a few each in fade, CoS, and mindblast... then what do I do with skill points? Is this a viable build even?
Yeah, the no insight severely limits the builds. One of my regrets about this, although it is a very OP runeword, so I'm okay with it.

I really wanted to make an Energy sorc, but it never felt right on paper for me. No insight and no warmth are a major deterrent for her. And your merc will have to do a lot of killing of course. And remember that static won't do anything to a light immune monster, as it's a lightning damage spell.

Mauler: There isn't a great backup for PI monsters, rabies needs a wolf, and Fireclaws will be weak damage without synergies. If you can manage a lawbringer at some point I think you'd be alright. You should probably max shockwave, as it will at least stun them so you can take them down with whatever you need to, even a basic weapon with good elemental adds could work. The lawbringer is key though, that will take out 95% of the PI monsters you'll come across by itself. As far as stats I think you could go either way. You can certainly handle the full strength if you want to go that way, as the bear buff gives lots of %life and you can easily shop gear with large life boosts or use rubies.

The assassin can certainly work as well. You could even use mindblast and edge bow for some fun. The shadow master will be very powerful, and she will do great things like cast DS of course, which will help a lot in hell especially. More points in fade is always great, as it has the hidden 1% per level(max 20%) damage reduction. Weapon block and claw mastery could also be good candidates, depending on you desired weapon of choice.

JudgeHolden said:
Ok I started a passive/magic assassin named poison-i, since venom will be used, and since poison-i is an anagram of snoop-ii, which was my beloved phoenix striker in the Lack of Information tournament that bit the dust in act 2 hell. But then I realized that this character will play very similarly to the phoenix striker except way more tedious, so that character is put on the shelf.. possibly permanently or maybe I'll get back to it later.

A werebear seems so cool because shockwave is awesome, but maul is meh and hunger sucks, and firecalws can't work with this tournament. They should patch maul to give a big attack speed bonus too or something. It makes me sad that there aren't really any cool werebear druid builds other than fireclaws.

So I think I've settled on poisonmancer... and OP or not I'll shamelessly make liberal use of corpse explosion in hell. Never done a poisonmancer before. So far so good... I think I'm like level 13 or 14... just rescued Cain. Poison dagger is making act 1 normal less tedious than usual. His name is Vincent. Will be using a HF merc... defiance until nightmare.

So I should max the poison stuff + corpse explosion around the end of nightmare. Where to put points after that? Would any of bone armor, bone wall, or bone prison have any utility in hell with just a handful of points and no synergies?

littlesamurai said:
@JudgeHolden I have been going with a Shapeshifter Druid going for the Wolf path and so far he has been insanely strong, will post an update shortly.

Given you only have one skill tree to place in you won't have Lower Resist, so I would fully max synergies to make up for it, this + corpse explosion should take 80 skill points, so there is no much playroom, but I would put one point in Bone Armor and the rest in its synergies, some extra defense and some form of crowd control.

Well Shifty's start was a bit slow, I felt like he hit slower in Wolf than in human form, but I kept pumping the skill until he started hitting faster, don't topazes always drop when you can't use them? My first weapon upgrade was a Scepter with two chipped ones. Going with no Mercenary makes you appreciate how strong they are, areas which are normally a breeze needed a bit more of effort. My first gamble netted me this, which was quite strong at the time. I found Pelta Lunata and Artic Furs, sadly from what I read shields with good blocking and shifting skill don't mix well together. Eventually and with a bit more gambling effort (not gambling for MF improvement freed up a ton of gold) I got my next weapon upgrade, which again made me feel invincibly, but the the Abandoned Tower made me remember how mortal I am, a boss ghost pack put me into hit recovery several times and I barely survived and the I met this funny named guy together with several champions, also a scary moment. Ghost seem to be really dangerous for me so the Arcane Sanctuary and the tombs will have to be treated with care.

Since I can't gamble for for MF but still felt I wanted to get the ball rolling, I gambled for GF and after some trials scored for both gloves and boots, but they give nothing else so I will have to look for improvements.

I don't remember if it was the Pit or the Hole, but the second level was a blood bath.

The Barracks had some nice greeting party. The Smith put me below half health several times, luckily I had cleared everything and had some nice space to run. In the jails I was lucky to meet Pitspawn in this situation. Another NDE was when I met a boss packs of Goats, I was put into constant hit recovery but eventually I made my retreat and met the here. I thougt no more weapon upgrades were possible but this baby surprised me. I could one hit most stuff at players 8. I will need some source for CBF because it makes me hit really slow. I thougt Andariel could give me some trouble so I had saved potions and prebuffed with Antidotes, she was a pushover, I spent 2 mana and 2 health potions total. Her drop was ok I guess.

Vildecor said:
Welcome to Vincent and Shifty! Good luck and stay safe!

Well, Atalanta's nightmare is ended.

The last time we saw her, she had just finished clearing the Canyon of the Magi with her upgraded rare sword. The 7 Tombs of Tal Rasha were a struggle, even with the new weapon damage. The biggest cause of the slowdown were groups of unraveler bosses. These guys like to have meet and greet parties down here. You rarely come across just one by himself (except for Ancient Kaa, as it turned out). My biggest damage output is still the Valkyrie, but I had to keep her on skeleton magnet duty while I took the rogue on an unraveller assassination spree.

The hardest part is usually getting in the room in the first place. Gotta throw up some decoys behind the pack of skellies/bugs while also resummoning Valk away from the door to clear the way in.

This screenie pretty much sums up the order of business once we establish a foothold:

AtalantaSS62.jpg

As long as my rogue is attacking the same target as me, we're good. I didn't have any poison damage at this point, and even with my upgraded weapon, it was slow going on these bosses. Still, it was nice going toe-to-toe with these guys.

Four out of the seven tombs had unravelers. The rest (true tomb included) were a nice break from the grind. All said, I think it took over 4 hours to clear them all. The true tomb had a nice reward waiting for us though. My merc was overjoyed at the upgrade.

Here's a quick comparison of her damage versus mine:

BowEnvy.png

With the new Harmony bow, the rest of the true tomb was a breeze. Even Duriel got to feel the pain of Itonya's new weapon. Let's just say I'm glad if I make it to the tombs again in Hell, at least it'll be on p1.

The jungles of Kurast were a welcome respite from the tomb grinding. Screenfuls of enemies with low life, dropping quickly to both the Valk and Itonya's awesome damage. It hurt so bad it made even Sszark run in fear.

Besides the sheer amount of drops I saw this Act (see end of post), not much to report here. Killing speed was great, danger was low. I could tank explodey dolls just fine, and didn't run into any horrible stair traps in the temples. The fight with the Council went better than I thought it would. The Valk survived all the Hydras and we took them out one at a time. The close quarters of the Vampire/Council fight in Durance Level 3 got a bit hectic, but nothing a good run/TP/regroup didn't fix.

Mephisto fight wasn't difficult. Got him down on the third Valk I believe.

Act IV wasn't the usual challenge. I never saw any spawners, so that made life easier. The worst draw was the maggots in River of Flame. Hellforge netted me another Hel rune.

Infector was released first. Got lucky in that he spawned on popping the seal closer to the middle of the room, so no need to use the WP to run back. I even got to tank him for a while. De Seis fell next. His buddies didn't want to stray out of aura range, so I just let the Valk and decoy soak up their attacks while I hacked away from behind them. Grand Vizier was a joke. He was toast within seconds.

Diablo had a thing for Itonya, which I kinda guessed he would. It wasn't gonna be worth it to keep reviving her, she didn't stand a chance against p8 Diablo. Once she was out of the picture, he pretty much ignored the Valkyrie and kept his attention on me. I was up to it. Not the best angle here, but at least it looks like I'm avenging the corpse of my fallen comrade:

AtalantaSS104.jpg

During the beginning of Act V, I periodically checked out Larzuk's wares looking for a socketed magic armor of the whale. This one replaced my Coral Studded Leather of the Whale and got stuffed with Thul and Sol runes. Right outta the gate I got greeted by Burning Dead archers. They didn't hurt too bad with 75% fire resist and 16 PDR. Still, they got the standard decoy-in-the-face treatment. Rogue archers were among the monsters in the Frigid Highlands, along with their sister lancers. These archers were a bit more of a pain, only because they liked to run away with their 700% FRW. Well...maybe not that much, but I was sporting both 40% FRW and level 10 Vigor and still ran only as fast as they did. Cheaters.

The first scary monster draw was in the Infernal Pit. I got frenzytaurs, witches and boars/blood bosses. No frenzytaur packs in here though. Found I could take them one-on-one okay. Second struggle was on the way to Nihlathak. First level wasn't too bad. Just poison mages and beetles, mostly. The Halls of Pain, however, lived up to its name. It had more Frenzytaurs, along with Unravellers and Heirophants with their Temple Guards. The last group was the worst. Valk stayed on the Guards while I attempted to get to the Heirophants (almost always in groups of three or four) and hope I could get my rogue positioned to help me out. We had one frenzytaur pack in here. No clue what the mods were on them though. Valk took them all out while I was busy with a Heirophant/Guard group.

Halls of Vaught had vipers, witches, and boars. At least the damage from walking into the poison clouds isn't crazy at this point. I still noticed it even with 16 PDR. Nihlathak's CE hit for at most 200ish damage, so that fight wasn't too tough.

Now it was time to take on the Ancients. Again, with the Valk and the Decoy, this fight was pretty simple. Madawc (Cursed) and Korlic (Tele) zeroed in on the Valkyrie, with Madawc occasionally throwing stuff my way as we wound our way around to a good spot here:

AtalantaSS119.jpg

Just like our last visit, poor Talic tried his hardest to destroy my Decoy. Because of how he was positioned here, Talic ended up going down first. I was staying clear here for a bit while cursed, getting some use out of my new 'Edge' Rune Bow. That got kind of boring, so I decided to take charge of the fight. Once Korlic and then Madawc fell, it was time to take on Talic (Stone Skin). Unfortunately, my Valk's ctc Amp weapon was not enough to get rid of his immunity. So, once Amp dropped off, Talic, the Valk, and I danced around for a while.

Eventually, Open Wounds, my lightning damage from my weapon (which thankfully lasted the whole fight...20 durability), plus the elemental damage from Itonya's Harmony was enough to get the job done. Unlike last time, they properly awarded me with a level this time.

Oh, and his whirls? Not even 100 damage each. Pretty sad. Should I make it to the Hell fight, I imagine it'll be a different story altogether. To be honest, I was just glad they ignored Itonya.

The worldstone keep wasn't too bad. A nasty couple of witch bosses was about the worst it offered. That and Baal likes to laugh at and try to hurt my Decoy. Silly Baal, that's a Decoy, not me going afk.

The Throne room had Unravellers, witches, and vampires, so I just made sure to get the undead out of the throne room proper. Second wave was a bit of a pain until I got my positioning with all my forces just right. Waves 3 and 4 were just separate and conquer. I didn't have much luck breaking up Lister's pack. I spent a good deal of time recasting decoy to keep half his group away. We ended up in a bad spot here:

AtalantaSS125.jpg

That's me, being stunned like crazy trying to recast my Decoy. I eventually gave that up, downed a purple and was able to break out of the group above the Valk. Final stand was here:

AtalantaSS126.jpg

They could only attack us three at a time at this spot. The Baal fight was a royal pain. I brought along my Cleglaw's Pincers, but the 25% slow and cold damage wasn't enough to prevent him from casting his clone. Went through a whole tome of TPs trying to clear out the clone. Half the time it worked, half the time he'd still be there.

I finally decided to hell with it, we'll kill 'em all. This was tough. Baal (and his clone) only cared about killing Itonya. I spent a good deal of time using her leash to get her in a decent spot while attacking either Baal or his clone. We had to TP out a good number of times to heal her up though. I wasn't too concerned though, I still had a good stock of Full Purples for this fight.

It took three clone deaths to finally claim victory. Just like his brothers Mephisto and Diablo, he left behind nothing good. Once we claimed our title of Conqueror, it was off to the Secret Cow Level.

This place was a headache at p8. After 10 acts of Normal Attack, I can tell you one thing. We don't kill groups of beasts all that fast. I'd have to repair my sword every 30 cows, switching out to the 'Edge' bow to finish off the rest of the current pack.

AtalantaSS133.jpg

There's a Valk in there somewhere. She was the real champ of this place. She never went down once. With both Valk and Decoy maxxed out, she sits just under 4k health. I felt like I was doing a good job whenever I'd manage to target a cow at the edge of the pack and not have him and his buddy turn around and try to chop my head off. I could take one at a time (with pots), but 2...no.

About an hour and a half later, and we were officially done with both Nighmare and the /players8 setting.

I made a run through of Hell just to finish the first quest. Yeah, things are much better there at /players1. Still dangerous, but doable. I'll give a full report on the status of Atalanta's Hell-ready stats and gear in the next day or so. This post has been long enough.

Act III drops:
A3NM.png
Act IV drops:
A4NM.png
Act V drops:
A5NM.png

Yeah, I'm still waiting on both Lem and Fal to show up. Lionheart and Passion would be greatly appreciated. While we're at it, I'll take a second Lem for Lawbringer. Oh, and an Um for Crescent Moon, just for good measure.

Conqueror Atalanta, Level 74 even-stat Passive-zon, Cold Plains (H)

(edit: had to double check my comment about Valk's health. She was over 4k health when I looked at the skill after touching a skill shrine--@lvl 24)

OldSoldier said:
Well done everyone! Good luck to Atalanta!

@littlesamurai, Shifty will have problems with Ghostly champions and other cold enchanted monsters. Not being able to make runewords with MF puts Rhyme out of commission, which is my usual CBF go-to in tournaments. I was fortunate with Whitefang in finding the Spirit Shroud, and I used it quite often for that mod.

Vildecor said:
So here are the stats for Atalanta:

The Basics:
Code:
Name:       Atalanta
Class:      Amazon
Experience: 437324438
Level:      74

Naked/Gear
Strength:   113/132
Dexterity:  118/120
Vitality:   113/113
Energy:     108/118
HP:         515/871
Mana:       264/264
Stamina:    250/258
Defense:    29/289
AR:         560/860

Fire:       177/137/77
Cold:       175/135/75
Lightning:  147/107/47
Poison:     166/126/66

MF:         0       Block:      46
GF:         0       FR/W:       20
FHR:        22       IAS:        0
FCR:        0

Skills:
Code:
Magic Arrow: 0/0
Fire Arrow: 0/0
Cold Arrow: 0/0
Multiple Shot: 0/0
Exploding Arrow: 0/0
Ice Arrow: 0/0
Guided Arrow: 0/0
Strafe: 0/0
Immolation Arrow: 0/0
Freezing Arrow: 0/0

Inner Sight: 1/2
Critical Strike: 7/8
Dodge: 6/7
Slow Missiles: 1/2
Avoid: 5/6
Penetrate: 20/21
Decoy: 20/21
Evade: 2/3
Valkyrie: 20/21
Pierce: 0/0

Jab: 0/0
Power Strike: 0/0
Poison Javelin: 0/0
Impale: 0/0
Lightning Bolt: 0/0
Charged Strike: 0/0
Plague Javelin: 0/0
Fend: 0/0
Lightning Strike: 0/0
Lightning Fury: 0/0

Gear:
Code:
Prismatic Amulet of the Colossus
Amulet
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xc08b1a8
Item Level: 48
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+54 to Life
All Resistances +19

Lore
Bone Helm
OrtSol
Defense: 35
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 27
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0xc37b716c
Item Level: 24
+1 to All Skills
+10 to Energy
Lightning Resist +30%
Damage Reduced by 7
+2 to Mana after each Kill
+2 to Light Radius
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Wraith Band
Ring
Required Level: 13
Fingerprint: 0xdda45ddd
Item Level: 30
Lightning Resist +28%
Fire Resist +27%
Poison Resist +26%
Damage Reduced by 1

Mechanic's Full Plate Mail of the Whale
Full Plate Mail
Defense: 155
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 80
Fingerprint: 0xeefae0be
Item Level: 72
+96 to Life
Cold Resist +30%
Damage Reduced by 7
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Thul Rune

Beast Touch
Ring
Required Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x36295ce5
Item Level: 75
+5 to Minimum Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Strength
+30 to Life
Fire Resist +19%

Ghoul Claw
Heavy Gloves
Defense: 5
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0xabca5246
Item Level: 56
14% Chance to cast level 5 Nova when struck
3% Life stolen per hit
9% Chance of Crushing Blow
+10 to Life
+8 Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +24%
Half Freeze Duration

Bramble Fringe
Belt
Defense: 9
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x5add257
Item Level: 51
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+53% Enhanced Defense
+12 to Strength
+26 to Life
Fire Resist +21%
Poison Resist +24%

Sigon's Sabot
Greaves
Defense: 13
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0xcd4933f9
Item Level: 58
+20% Faster Run/Walk
Cold Resist +40%
Set (2 items): +50 to Attack Rating
Set (3 items): 50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Edge
Rune Bow
TirTalAmn
Two Hand Damage: 14 - 35
Durability: 46 of 48
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 73
Required Dexterity: 103
Fingerprint: 0x58180fd4
Item Level: 61
Level 15 Thorns Aura When Equipped
+35% Increased Attack Speed
+351% Damage to Demons
+280% Damage to Undead
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
All Stats +7
Reduces all Vendor Prices 15%
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Havoc Scalpel
Dimensional Blade
One Hand Damage: 32 - 94
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 85
Required Dexterity: 60
Fingerprint: 0xa4073eb4
Item Level: 68
145% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 9 Damage
+190 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 101 Lightning Damage
Poison Resist +30%
Required Level +5

Atalanta's Strong Bone Shield of Deflecting
Bone Shield
Defense: 42
Chance to Block: 40
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0x864e7570
Item Level: 20
+30% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+36% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +38
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Perfect Diamond
Socketed: Perfect Diamond

Charms:
Code:
Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0xfd16b8c9
Item Level: 1
+10 to Life

Tangerine Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x30d7f31d
Item Level: 32
+8 to Life
Lightning Resist +5%

Azure Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Required Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x4527173f
Item Level: 29
+1 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +5%

Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x510c87d9
Item Level: 39
+12 to Life

Fine Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xfdd0e896
Item Level: 45
+4 to Maximum Damage
+42 to Attack Rating
+26 to Life

Large Charm of Sustenance
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xa9b053d2
+23 to Life

Lapis Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0xe34f5865
Item Level: 50
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +17%

Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0xf3b4421e
Item Level: 52
+24 to Life

Fine Large Charm of Strength
Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x9b0008e0
+2 to Maximum Damage
+15 to Attack Rating
+5 to Strength

Garnet Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x219f4610
Fire Resist +9%

Jade Small Charm of Strength
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0xe9a98175
Item Level: 44
+1 to Strength
Poison Resist +9%

Ocher Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xdf9028ef
Item Level: 19
+1 to Dexterity
Lightning Resist +7%

Large Charm
Fingerprint: 0x4d797b82
Item Level: 64
+25 to Life

Lapis Small Charm
Small Charm
Required Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0xfd8364a5
Item Level: 50
Cold Resist +6%

Iron Large Charm of Anthrax
Large Charm
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0xb49485ee
Item Level: 57
+43 to Attack Rating
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (150 Frames)

Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0xe1494550
Item Level: 38
+12 to Life

The Merc:
Code:
Name:       Itonya
Race:       Rogue Scout
Type:       Ice - Normal
Experience: 43140800
Level:      74
Dead?:      false

Naked/Gear
Strength:   124/124
Dexterity:  187/197
HP:         1110/1129
Defense:    944/1252
AR:         2081/2116

Fire:       129/89/29
Cold:       129/89/29
Lightning:  129/89/29
Poison:    129/89/29

Boneflesh
Plate Mail
Defense: 257
Durability: 34 of 60
Required Level: 26
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x9ddde05
Item Level: 53
+35 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+120% Enhanced Defense

Brimstone Cowl
Circlet
Defense: 51
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x729a197a
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
3% Life stolen per hit
+67% Enhanced Defense
+19 to Life
Damage Reduced by 3

Harmony
Large Siege Bow
TirIthSolKo
Two Hand Damage: 42 - 150
Durability: 41 of 44
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 80
Required Dexterity: 95
Fingerprint: 0x3883ba03
Item Level: 49
Level 10 Vigor Aura When Equipped
237% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Fire Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Lightning Damage
Adds 55 - 160 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (70 Frames)
+6 to Valkyrie
+10 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 20%
+2 to Light Radius
Level 20 Revive (25/25 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Ko Rune

I'll probably end up swapping out Sigon's Boots for some Coral Chain Boots of Pacing and just use Thawing Potions to help out for CR. Remaining skillups will go to Critical Strike and Dodge/Avoid. The gear for the most part is surprisingly OK. Best upgrades would be Lionheart and Passion, each just 1 rune away.

Got a four day weekend, so we'll be venturing out further in Hell pretty soon.

JudgeHolden said:
Vincent is progressing slowly. Act 1 consisted of running around stabbing things with poison dagger... slow but reliable.

Andariel took forever to kill but I was never in huge danger, just TP back to town a zillion times to restock potions.

Act 2, got a defiance merc (will switch to HF in NM). This has sped things up tremendously. I still run around stabbing things with poison dagger, and he cleans everything up with a rare bardiche I found in act 1, which will change to a savage polearm of some kind once I get the cube.

Sewers cleared, about to venture out into the desert.

No noteworthy equipment at this point.

Vildecor said:
We have ventured out past the Cold Plains WP. Once her army was disposed of, Blood Raven was dispatched rather easily. Nothing exciting came out of the Crypt and Mausoleum, however. The trip to rescue Cain was uneventful. The Valkyrie stood up to Treehead's pack while Itonya and I helped pick them off from the flank. A Physical Immune/Poison Immune Griswold had to be pulled away from nearby mobs and slowly taken out.

On the way to the Countess, we found a pretty jewel. The Valkyrie ended up killing the Countess while I was taking down one of her minions. She gave us a Thul and Shael.

Before heading down to the pits, we cleared out the Tamoe Highlands and found a Mal rune. We nabbed an EXP shrine and headed down to the Pits. Just past the entrance was a cursed rogue archer pack, as we were setting up, more rogue archers came in from behind us on the opposite side of the entrance. Things weren't looking too good, and not wanting to come back to a stair trap, I decided to circle past the boss pack to try to find a spot a bit more clear of mobs to port out. Itonya died as I retreated. The Valk was still held up by the mobs. I rounded the corner and saw a might-enchanted rogue heading my way. Not good, especially since I was still cursed. At this point, I decided to try to run past this new pack and port out, hoping the archers were by now far enough away from the entrance to head back from the Black Marsh WP.

The rogues were too fast for me. Lacking my Vigor aura from Itonya, they were on me in an instant. Two quick hits later, and it as over.

Screenshot020_1.jpg

In retrospect, I should've used a decoy to distract the rogues. Adrenaline must've been going to hard.

It was a fun trip and Atalanta will be missed, but not forgotten.

Good luck to those still alive!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High