2015 Summer MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

So people asked for the standings and here they are.

Pindle+

1. TheNix
2. XyleneCyanol
3. maxicek
4. GooberGrape
5. dOOmas
Not running. Thyiad
Not running. Gripphon

A85

1. Gripphon
2. Zylo
3. Cyrax
4. LiquidClear
5. Saluki
6. Grape
7. kestegs
8. thefranklin
9. Thyiad
10. queenEm
?. srrw

As I said before:

I can say that most results so far are good and there's potential for great scores.
In A85 most people are divided in two groups, very close to each other in each one.
In Pindle+ players are more dispersed.

Anything can happen, good luck everybody on the rest of the MFO!

53942404.jpg

I am not last!! At least not yet. Once srrw comes in with the result I will be. But 10 out of 11 is good enough :)

Just about what I expected :)

"there's potential for great scores" ... who found Tyrael's!?! if it's Gripphon again, it's game over; he's gonna try for a high score :p

Well, I expected to be somewhere at top 3 spots, but not on top. It seems there are no lucksacks yet at MFO. I believe top X spots are like 5 to most 10 points apart, I'm just not sure what X is. We all still wait for big scorers it seems. Should be interesting till the end. Proper MFO!

I'm guessing X = 5.

Well, if I'm lightyears in front of everyone with this kind of score I have, then I'd ask other participants "what the hell are you doing? It is MFO time, wake up!" But that is not the case anyway.

If you're not lightyears ahead i think the better question is: What the hell are YOU doing?! :p

I thought my drops sucked and I'm in third. Only two nights of running too.

Highest rune: Thul. Seriously.

Didn't think I'd be that low, but I guess my score improved a fair amount since update. Oh well, guess I'll have to find a few tyrael's.

I was waiting for final decision of players on how teams will work.

Ignorance is bliss. It seems my singer barb's old Pit map was better. I shouldn't have checked and just pretend I'm doing this in an efficient way.

Also every time with these competitions I notice how much my S&E/loading times suck. I rarely nowadays play with run counter on. I have to admit it gets little bit on nerves when you see it yourself that how many seconds you are wasting every run.

/rant

Is there any way besides deleting map/moving screen shots away to make it faster? Play on a better computer? :D (I play D2 on a not so new laptop..)

When I moved from my desktop to my laptop I noticed a big difference in the loading times (for worse).

I can't be sure if it's because I moved from win7 to win8.1/10 (some users complained about loading times when they upgraded windows) or because of the lower CPU power.

But my safe bet would be having something with win xp or win 7 with a SSD and cpu/ram enough to not be called too bad/old.

Yeah that could be. I'll just run a couple hours more to compensate for it ;)

Meanwhile in the Pit:

Good news: found a couple eth grailers
Bad news: not improving my top 5 a lot

If you're not lightyears ahead i think the better question is: What the hell are YOU doing?! :p

Good question!
Since score update was day and a half ago, things could change by now. Maybe I don't lead anymore, maybe you lead now. Who knows. Quite exciting, isn't it?!

BTW I'm not biggest fish this MFO people should be "afraid" of. There is one player who will outperform me this MFO with huge investment in playing time. I'm not sure does he want me to say his name in public here, clearly he will say it himself if he wants to. Compared to him, I'm like nothing. Only question is, who will have higher luck in the end. Agreed.

Oi! I am running Pindle, he just isn't dropping anything, tight-fisted git.

Are there more teams other than the three you can see in post #2?

TheNix and thefranklin apparently formed a team named "The the's". I think that's it, but lets wait confirmation.

As for team scoring, we can do scoring like
"best score of player 1 + best score of player 2 = total team score"
LC suggested something like that.

Team standings:

1. Happy Accidents (LiquidClear and Zylo)
2. PvP N00bz (Maxicek and Gripphon)
3. The the's (TheNix and thefranklin)
4. The Wrath of Grapes (GooberGrape and Grape)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High