Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

I heard that an earthquake caused California to fall off into the ocean, so I highly doubt that.

The good thing about taking over teaching duties from someone who is out-of-date is that you just need to spruce things up a bit. On the other hand, when you are taking over from some one who is incompetent, you have to start again from scratch. About 15 hours in and I've only written 2 lessons out of the 18, and that only the maths subject. I've still got to do the chemistry one. *sigh* Not a lot of time for D2 in the foreseeable future.

That's what you get for torturing young people with math and chemistry. :p Now if you don't mind i'm going back to my own torturing, aka work.

Some other really belgium things: chocolat and beer and they mix awsome together, if you get the right chocolat with the right beer or vice versa.

Belgians:

_86825517_cats9.png

Good work, guys.

I can imagine but it's the only way to inform people. You can tell someone else and they can tell a class but it won't be as genuine.

I'm not great with speaking in front of groups, had to do it at occassions but not for a while now. Last time my two colleagues were impressed. I might have been if I'd been able to remember anything from it except for being overly aware of my hands and the sweat running down my back.
Appearantly I speak clearly but with an accent, just a little bit too fast due to nerves and don't overdo it with jokes. Hm. They offered me to watch a recording they made. I couldn't watch it as I'm terrified I'd sound like my mother.

I have a very unpleasant mother. GT and I can compare notes at times, and we've not decided yet who's worse off.
GT probably is, as it is with having children of your own parents become grandparents. Me, I can sever ties as much as I like, and I do.

When I was eventually forced to listen to myself presenting something, I uttered "I-I-I don't sound like my mother" which had my colleagues (both older) roaring with laughter, in a way that meant they understood and they also know of my background and troubles. As it turns out, I sound like family from fathers side, with a low voice, which appearantly is good as people listen to a lower voice rather than to a high one.

That's what you get for torturing young people with math and chemistry. :p

This isn't high school, these people have chosen to make a career in this field. Consensual torture?

@Kitteh When I first started teaching I tried to be a "lecturer" and I failed miserably. It took a few lessons before I finally settled into being what I am, and that's a story-teller. After that, both my students and myself enjoyed it a great deal more. In short, be yourself and play to your strengths!

Last edited:
My uncle passed away a few hours ago. No idea what happened, nobody called me or anything, just see a ton of R.I.P. posts all over my Facebook feed. Social media is dumb.

Edit: Dews for everyone, on phar's tab.

My uncle passed away a few hours ago. No idea what happened, nobody called me or anything, just see a ton of R.I.P. posts all over my Facebook feed. Social media is dumb.

Edit: Dews for everyone, on phar's tab.

I'm sorry, buddy.

Sorry to hear that, logout. :/ Best wishes for you and your family during this period.
Finding out over social media is just rude though. >.>

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High