Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Snakes are fine, it's the drop bears you need to worry about...
drops bears are okay just wear a pointy hat.
Really it's the land sharks you have to be careful of.

Townsville had a fair few snakes obviously enough but the worst place I ever went was a hike along Mt Barlow. in a roughly 3hour hike we came across probably 30-40 of them. my favourite was the tree snake about a foot from dads head. He nearly pulled off a ninja backflip to evade. and by ninja backflip I mean he just fell the hell down.

Fun fact: In Australia, you are never more than five feet from something that could kill you instantly. Just like the Compound.

Fun fact: In Australia, you are never more than five feet from something that could kill you instantly. Just like the Compound.
I wouldn't say that. oh no indeed. some things take several seconds to kill you.

drops bears are okay just wear a pointy hat.
Really it's the land sharks you have to be careful of.

Terrified of drop bears, I wore a witch style hat (think Granny Weatherwax) and sure enough, drop bears dropped on it, but then let out a terrifying satisfied groan.
I can never wear my hat again.

Land sharks are terrible. I used to have one for a manager.

Went skydiving on the weekend, because I hadn't had anything try and kill me for a couple of days.

Nope, survived. But got close

No fair! I'm going to go do that, now that there's no voice of reason to stop me!

How was it?

No fair! I'm going to go do that, now that there's no voice of reason to stop me!

How was it?
Pretty good, the freefall was intense, but the parachuting bit was good. Massive adrenaline rush.

Nice! I can imagine it'd be a nice little adrenaline rush. Did you tandem jump with someone?

Nice! I can imagine it'd be a nice little adrenaline rush. Did you tandem jump with someone?
Yeah, solo jumps require a lot of training. Still he let me stear the parachute.

I did my first jump solo. Had a choice between 45 minutes of training and a tandem jump, or eight hours of training and a solo jump. The parachuting part is a blast - you're basically flying a huge inflatable glider. I didn't really enjoy the free fall on my first jump, concentrating as I was on keeping my underwear clean until the canopy opened.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, solo jumps require a lot of training. Still he let me stear the parachute.
Figured, still very fun. You know, except the part about being strapped to another dude.
I did my first jump solo. Had a choice between 45 minutes of training and a tandem jump, or eight hours of training and a solo jump. The parachuting part is a blast - you're basically flying a huge inflatable glider. I didn't really enjoy the free fall on my first jump, concentrating as I was on keeping my underwear clean until the canopy opened.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
That almost sounds like you were actually afraid, surely this can't be the case!

I'd probably want to jump solo as well, but I'm not that sure.

I was really worried the ground might be irreparably harmed if I slammed into it at terminal velocity. Remind me some day to tell you about the Grand Canyon.

Just when I think I've got you then you turn it around and show yourself to be a truly selfless person. Amazing!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High