Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

That's a fantastic post and amazing play Pyro. It fits perfectly and I have no idea what I ought to do now. If you're telling the truth it feels bad to deprive you of a win but if either of us unvotes and you turn out to be SK, the other 10 or 11 people in the dead thread relying on us to bring home the town win are going to eat us alive.

With absolutely no sarcasm or hyperbole intended ... that may be the best mafia post I've ever seen.

Crap, I meant to add one more thing. On the assumption that your post is true, I think if you had made this claim during yesterday's day phase and done a day kill of Zokar to put us into LYLO, I would probably have felt obligated to believe the claim. It fits what we saw in the game and by demonstrating that you could kill during the day, the only risk would be if you were an SK variant who could day kill.

That's a fantastic post and amazing play Pyro. It fits perfectly and I have no idea what I ought to do now. If you're telling the truth it feels bad to deprive you of a win but if either of us unvotes and you turn out to be SK, the other 10 or 11 people in the dead thread relying on us to bring home the town win are going to eat us alive.

With absolutely no sarcasm or hyperbole intended ... that may be the best mafia post I've ever seen.

It wouldn't matter if you unvoted me or not. I have no shots left, I couldn't kill either one of you if I wanted to.

Crap, I meant to add one more thing. On the assumption that your post is true, I think if you had made this claim during yesterday's day phase and done a day kill of Zokar to put us into LYLO, I would probably have felt obligated to believe the claim. It fits what we saw in the game and by demonstrating that you could kill during the day, the only risk would be if you were an SK variant who could day kill.

I considered this for a long time and actually changed my mind multiple times and didn't put my kill in until about less than an hour before the day ended/next day began, but I figured if I did that then there would be no way I could push the SK angle.

If one of us unvoted you then you and town would win, assuming you are telling the truth. The problem is we have to believe you are a sole survivor who had to make it to LYLO and had a vig shot to help, rather than believe you are an SK.

Your play is absolutely brilliant either way ... I feel like if you're telling the truth you ought to share in the win, but if you're the SK and one of us unvotes you then 9 people in the dead thread go from winning to losing. That's ... that's gonna take some serious consideration. I don't think either numbers or I want to be the one to make the mistake and cost 10 other people the game win ... but my God man ... that's an incredible play true or not. Respect +100 whether it's true or not.

That reminds me a lot of a post Bad Ash made once that was just incredible in the same kind of way.

I even drafted up the post I was going to make including the options that you guys could have chosen. But I wrote it off as being labeled as too convienent and figured my chances were better pushing for you to be lynched:

Option 1:
We agree to lynch either Numbers or Drixx, and I shoot the other. This pretty much ensures the towns win because it’s almost impossible for Zokar to be a serial killer if we are still working on the assumption that there is at most one scum left, and the last remaining mafia would have killed last night if it’s not numbers.

Option 2:
You guys don’t believe me (Invoke lynch all liars or whatever you feel like saying) and decide to lynch me and deny me the shared win with the town. In this case, I shoot Zokar, and on the chance that one of either Drixx or Numbers is in fact scum withholding their kill on purpose. I hand them the win. If neither of you are scum then everything is fine and dandy for you guys, but you don’t make me too happy obviously.

Option 3:
We continue with the no lynch. I will shoot Numbers or Drixx, town’s choice, to prove that I am in fact not lying about my vig shot. If I really am the only reason the game is continuing, then I suspect there will be no night kill and we will still be in a Lylo situation tomorrow. Then the remaining town can decide if they want to share their win with me or not. The only downside to this is if there is still a scum remaining then they win by default.

If one of us unvoted you then you and town would win, assuming you are telling the truth. The problem is we have to believe you are a sole survivor who had to make it to LYLO and had a vig shot to help, rather than believe you are an SK.

Your play is absolutely brilliant either way ... I feel like if you're telling the truth you ought to share in the win, but if you're the SK and one of us unvotes you then 9 people in the dead thread go from winning to losing. That's ... that's gonna take some serious consideration. I don't think either numbers or I want to be the one to make the mistake and cost 10 other people the game win ... but my God man ... that's an incredible play true or not. Respect +100 whether it's true or not.

That reminds me a lot of a post Bad Ash made once that was just incredible in the same kind of way.

Unfortunately this wouldn't happen because it would just progress into another day phase and it would be LYLO (which ironically isn't really LYLO) forever until someone is lynched.

Yep, covenient, which is why I wrote it off yesterday. Its just too convienet. I called it the Pharphis level crazy for that reason.

I'm sorry pyro. :( If you're really telling the truth you got pretty shafted. There's no way I can risk that you're lying and swap votes from you to drixx, or even lynch myself, on the off chance that you really have the role you claimed, but I don't see any other way for you to have played this scenario with the attitudes players have towards neutrals.

I'm sorry pyro. :( If you're really telling the truth you got pretty shafted. There's no way I can risk that you're lying and swap votes from you to drixx, or even lynch myself, on the off chance that you really have the role you claimed, but I don't see any other way for you to have played this scenario with the attitudes players have towards neutrals.

That's alright, I did what I could and thats all there is too it. I think you guys will enjoy reading my quick topic when this is all over.

Day has ended. Pyro has been lynched. He was the SK.

This concludes the game, the town has fulfilled its wincon and has won the game. Congratulations.

Unfortunately my computer with which had all the game files broke down sometime in the middle of game, so I cant provide a list of boxes and their abilities. However you can share your qt's to reveal most of the boxes.

Ive had a blast modding this game and watching you all play and figure things out. Nice job on all the massive walls at the end.

Going to be out of (internet) contact for a week now so perfect timing.

P.S. I hate you numbers.

Now I have two people to kill indefinately. Jcakes, and Numbers. My plate is just full of kills to make. I might have to call Noodle.

Also fair warning before I post my quicktopic, I may have spewed a lot of anger and disbelief during the last couple day phases. And I still feel that I was backed into a corner that I shouldn't have been forced into and I would have made drastically different choices if I had known I would have been forced to use my kill.

Yay! I had no clue who the bad guy was until Pyro claimed the first box I opened as his own. Even after that I was impressed with his walls.

I never claimed the name of my first box until the very end. No one cared. Which was weird, but then again it was easy to fake obviously. I used Goryani's unclaimed boxes list and crossed off the ones that we found out about later or the ones he missed and made my claim from there. I also knew you claimed to had a level 3 box, but never said what it was and died off early.

And my walls were so convincing I convinced myself I wasn't the SK. There is just no way Numbers could not have believed me. I mean seriously, I never put that much effort in as scum. I just don't.

I cared which boxes were taken by everyone all game...until today. Everybody had spent so much time ignoring my box name requests that i just kinda dismissed the significance there. Well played pyro, Im just stubborn and dont like being talked into things. :D

Heres my QT: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/H583NWbMJgb4e

Woulda had TWO successful scum kills with my vig shots if i hadnt been roleblocked...so what roleblocked me? With 2 scum left, theres no way a nk could have been used+double night triggered+roleblocking me, so somebody in the town must have roleblocked me, or someone opened a box that caused the double night.

I cared which boxes were taken by everyone all game...until today. Everybody had spent so much time ignoring my box name requests that i just kinda dismissed the significance there. Well played pyro, Im just stubborn and dont like being talked into things. :D

Nobody is that stubborn in mafia unless they are scum or just don't care about that person's opinion. I wasn't lying when I said that.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High