Breaking Bad Forum Mafia Game

ThomasJohnsen did drone on and on and on and on much in the same vein as Drixx, but alas, I fear Drixx is gone more or less.

Dubious mudslinging and out of context connections are......dubious there peanut

Yeah you're right. I just felt like I had something and since we (all 10) didn't seem to agree upon much of anything between us, I figured a longshot idea was better than no idea at all.

I just don't know how to interpret that no-vote. It seems to me that it cannot be anything other than a game-effect that travels between a certain group of players; maybe us all. Can you explain it?

Gory: What about your chat with Flubb caused you to vote for him? (I assume you think he is scum)

You disagreed that the ding restriction and the vote restriction came from mafia. Can you elaborate on this?

Ignore lack of spelling and logic, phonestyle

Gory: What about your chat with Flubb caused you to vote for him? (I assume you think he is scum)

You disagreed that the ding restriction and the vote restriction came from mafia. Can you elaborate on this?

How do you know these restrictions come from mafia??

See yesterday, I asked the question and got two dings from gory.

I want to hear a bit more from Noodle. He has been flying very low under the radar which is typical for him, but he does that whether he is town or mafia. Of course the same accusation could be leveled at me but I am a junkie nodding off in the corner (I am not Jane nor am I claiming to be her, fyi).

All the sound and fury from TJ isn't telling me anything one way or the other. (TJ I apologize for snapping at you yesterday, I was very tired and hungry, no excuse I know).

Therefore, for experimental reasons and to see what reaction I get (chemistry metaphor!) Vote: Noodle.

See yesterday, I asked the question and got two dings from gory.

I'm sorry I misread your post. (disagreed) /derp

I'm trying to shower, get ready to go out with wifey, and dodge her aside looks.....tough job to be sure.

..(TJ I apologize for snapping at you yesterday, I was very tired and hungry, no excuse I know)...

That's a perfectly good excuse in my book. And there's no need to appologize at all. I have thick skin and quite expect a couple of nudges here and there playing this game. I trust everyone will get along afterwards - even if tensions get a bit high during a game.

----

Anyways I am sorry but I have to revisit this:
I have looked into the order of the looping no-vote. It is not based on anything logical that I can detect. I have checked enlisting order, posting order, alphabet, postcount, passing on no-vote etc. As far and I can tell it is completely random.

And this is where my logic snaps - if a no-vote is allowed to cyclicly loop in random order amongst a group of players both mafia, town and neutral, the outcome of the game is decided by chance. And I for one cannot see BA/BPC putting all this time into a game that is random in nature.

I'm sorry but there are no other options in my mind besides the non-vote cyclicly looping amongst a fixed subset of players sharing allegiances.

Feel free to hit me with other options - I'm open to ANY suggestions. And I do mean ANY!

Pure spitballing here: Coju seems ridiculously overpowered. The last time I remember seeing someone this powerful in a mafia game was a Lord of the Rings based one, where the Sauron role was essentially invulnerable unless the Gollum role sacrificed himself. This acually happened, and we won the game. (I was Aragorn.)

Hypothesis: Perhaps Coju is Schrader, mafia godfather. Thinking about the role of Hank Schrader, he wasn't killed until Gomez was. Sure, they died in the same firefight in the desert, but Gomez died first. Until that happened, Hank wasn't invulnerable, but he survived Walt driving the car they were both in into traffic, and getting shot several times by the twins. After the twins shot him up he was out of commission (like maybe couldn't vote?)for a while, but came back strong. It may be that he is invulnerable until and unless the Gomez character is taken out of the game.

Looking back on day one, Coju mentions that he thinks Schrader would be a protown cop role. With Walter and Jesse confirmed as protown, it seems obvious that Schrader is anti-town. Was Coju trying to present the Schrader role as protown in case someone figured out his role name, so he could claim town? I don't know, but it seems possible.

The theory may seem crazy, but is it crazier than a game where everyone is a busdriver?

This has been the theory germinating in my mind also. Thank you, Noodle, for doing all the heavy lifting for me. ;)

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Coju is Gomez, mafia, based on the not voting and protecting thing.

unvote: Noodle
Vote: Coju

In case it's not showing up on phones:
Vote: Coju
(My phone is only showing the first line of the vote.)

Goryani and I had a one night only QT initiated my me.

I showed up and asked questions, gave opinions, etc...

He was absent so to speak. He did show but offered little more than the sphinx.

I was disappoint...

We chatted N2. The night before I was Dinged.

I can confirm I was invited. It was a surprise to me though it didn't seem to be a surprise to flub. I felt like I was targeted but flub mentioned nothing about being the source nor questioned it.

I wasn't absent. I posted just as much as flub but we kept missing each other. We each made numerous posts while the other wasn't around - me, flub, me, flub, me. flub posted the most (number and content) when I was sleeping and didn't post after my replies.

He asked a ton of lore questions, none of which I am capable of answering. Few of which I would answer even if I could as they are about the show and not about the game.

There were questions/speculation about scummy sounding "town" characters (Mike, Tortuga) which felt more like fake claim testing than scumhunting.

There were questions about who Pyro's character might be. Nothing about if Pyro is telling the truth. Nothing about if Pyro is scum or not.

He threw out several mafia pair character name choices. Gustavo and Gale. Jack and Todd. Lydia as a spy. And many posts about multiple mafia. But no talk about who might be Gustavo or Gale or Jack or Todd or Lydia.

I felt that flubb knew I was town and was picking my brain. But picking my brain about all the wrong things. Things mafia mafia may be interested in knowing (or throwing false leads into) but not really relevant for townies. Trying to learn what character/role/abilities other players had. Specifically, coju and CG and Pyro.

The quadfecta of:
  • initiating the chat but keeping mum about it
  • asking the wrong questions or concentrating on the wrong things
  • I was Dinged! the next day
  • not saying anything about the chat the next day

... led me to believe flubb was scum.

We chatted N2. The night before I was Dinged.

I can confirm I was invited. It was a surprise to me though it didn't seem to be a surprise to flub. I felt like I was targeted but flub mentioned nothing about being the source nor questioned it.

I wasn't absent. I posted just as much as flub but we kept missing each other. We each made numerous posts while the other wasn't around - me, flub, me, flub, me. flub posted the most (number and content) when I was sleeping and didn't post after my replies.

He asked a ton of lore questions, none of which I am capable of answering. Few of which I would answer even if I could as they are about the show and not about the game.

There were questions/speculation about scummy sounding "town" characters (Mike, Tortuga) which felt more like fake claim testing than scumhunting.

There were questions about who Pyro's character might be. Nothing about if Pyro is telling the truth. Nothing about if Pyro is scum or not.

He threw out several mafia pair character name choices. Gustavo and Gale. Jack and Todd. Lydia as a spy. And many posts about multiple mafia. But no talk about who might be Gustavo or Gale or Jack or Todd or Lydia.

I felt that flubb knew I was town and was picking my brain. But picking my brain about all the wrong things. Things mafia mafia may be interested in knowing (or throwing false leads into) but not really relevant for townies. Trying to learn what character/role/abilities other players had. Specifically, coju and CG and Pyro.

The quadfecta of:
  • initiating the chat but keeping mum about it
  • asking the wrong questions or concentrating on the wrong things
  • I was Dinged! the next day
  • not saying anything about the chat the next day

... led me to believe flubb was scum.
Have the other fingers been contacted by flub?

Nice theory, noodle. It would make sense that hank could be mafia, since Jesse and Walt are town.
But, Walter never wanted his family hurt. So, Walter trying to get hank lynched would not make sense.

Yes you are. I have already taken up more than my share of D4, and this is turning out as post after post of
your questions and my answers. I'll refrain from answering - check back; most of them are answered by me
already, just not asked by you.
If my last post yesterday and first post today didn't convince you I'm town, nothing will. Either that or you
just like to read your own words.

Your last post yesterday and first post today are not sufficient to prove faction questions yet. Scum could determine you are lying but they won't since they are scum. In a particular humorous twist, it takes a townie power role to come forward and corroborate. Then there are timing issues which we haven't gotten to yet. Will your ability work on day actions?

And with respect, I didn't see you answer the questions I asked in post 520. That's why I asked them.

p.s. About half my questions are asked of players I suspect to be town but want extra reads on. Of course, it does no good if scum can tell which is which so I try to make my intent unpredictable.

Well I figured it was time we started lynching scum. In case you missed it we haven't been all that
successful yet. For all we know we are in a situation with a completely intact scum-faction and not
alot of townies left. When do you suppose a better time would present itself to use such powers and
announce them?

Announcing them after wouldn't have quite the same effect now would it?
Would you have believed me if I announced today that I was responsible for the no-ding and no-NK(s); (and any
other scum/neutral actions that may have taken place but aren't plain for all to see)?

So you're reading into that that I wanted to be killed? May I ask why after the claim I made?
They couldn't kill me with an NK, since that was one of the things I prevented.

So others use it too - glad to hear it.[/QUOTE]

On D2, coju could not vote, and could not be lynched. N2, we had one death. D3, coju claims he used his power on N1, and that is why he could not be lynched D2. He also claimed that a lynch on him on D3 would be a mislynch, thus effectively claiming he used his power on N2. He then proceeded to never place a vote.

I don't believe coju attempted a vote D2 but did say he couldn't vote. I think coju's only vote attempt of the game was on D1.

And to pee in cherioos:
coju said his not voting was themed as not being around during the day because he was doing something at night. coju couldn't vote D1 yet there was no night before D1. It's inconsistent.

coju needs to vote just to prove if he can/can't and needs to say more about his ability and targets.

Oops. Quoting failure in post 595.

My words:
Your last post yesterday and first post today are not sufficient to prove faction questions yet. Scum could determine you are lying but they won't since they are scum. In a particular humorous twist, it takes a townie power role to come forward and corroborate. Then there are timing issues which we haven't gotten to yet. Will your ability work on day actions?

And with respect, I didn't see you answer the questions I asked in post 520. That's why I asked them.

p.s. About half my questions are asked of players I suspect to be town but want extra reads on. Of course, it does no good if scum can tell which is which so I try to make my intent unpredictable.

Everything else is from TJ's post. I didn't delete the extra stuff at the bottom.

I don't believe coju attempted a vote D2 but did say he couldn't vote. I think coju's only vote attempt of the game was on D1.

And to pee in cherioos:
coju said his not voting was themed as not being around during the day because he was doing something at night. coju couldn't vote D1 yet there was no night before D1. It's inconsistent.

coju needs to vote just to prove if he can/can't and needs to say more about his ability and targets.

Yes, TJ corrected me on that. Someone else had mentioned that coju could have claimed to be a stump, and I remembered that he was both unlynchable and could not vote at some point, so assumed those two things had occurred at the same time, otherwise it would have been a pretty weak and easily verified stump claim.

Oh, and coju actually said his inability to be lynched was part of his power. He did not claim that his not voting was part of it. He said he was out of the game or some such, which could logically be construed to mean that he's both lynchproof and unable to vote, but we have no claim by him that it made him unable to vote.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High