Breaking Bad Forum Mafia Game

No, you did not simply want to point the data out, you wanted to use it as an argument for calling somebody scum. There's a difference.

And yes, obviously the data is there - what I meant is that the data sample is too insignificant to base any conclusions on.

Off to work, cya later

Well, in most of these games we only have a couple of data samples to go off of, and historically those data samples are fairly representative of scum action.

In your case, yes, you would be on the top of my candidate list, except I'm not certain whether the fact that you haven't been restricted yet makes you more or less likely to be scum. That, along with your post at the end of the day yesterday, and the lack of deaths last night, makes me more inclined to think you're town than scum.

So you think that the vote restiction is a mafia action applied to players? And you don't buy my idea.

Vote's being nullified on the first day, with no preceding night phrase, are a very very weird thing and i'm not certain how to interpret them. I feel that the POST restriction is either a targeted ability(which, lore wise, seems very weird), but in that case it's more likely that it's a mafia ability(but that means it's also quite likely that one of those targeted in the first couple days is a member of the scum team distancing themselves from the others), or that it's a result of using a power of some sort. The most likely power in the case of the scum being it is a penalty applied to whoever happens to send in the kill for the night. Those are my thoughts about the post and vote restrictions.

Well I for one am certain that the ding is a non-town action, since all 10 players have non-dingy posts today (as per my predictions from yesterday and first post today).

Explain to me this - assume I am scum. Would I have made that post yesterday before night? Would I have been able to convince my entire faction (which for all we know is intact - mylo scenario could be now or close as you yourself mentioned) not to make a kill or use any night-action, with the sole purpose of making me appear town? For mafia this would only delay their likely victory - after all there is little to none unity to find between the remaining 10.

I am still waiting to hear arguments either for or against my theory. Until it is proven or disproven, I am very anxious to see which votes count today. coju was very early to post today, but after my first post he has kept completely quiet (in stark contrast to other days).

Well yes, it's almost certainly a result of a non-town action. The question is whether it's something inflicted on them, or by them, and whether or not they would inflict it on themselves. I already told you my response to your claim yesterday and the lack of kills last night, why ask me to repeat it?

Well - because if you're convinced that I am town; then how can you assume FoE and/or Gory are scum for voting exactly like me?

I'm not saying they're not; just that the argument is unreasonable.

So that's 10 players and noone dinging. As expected!

And the players that can vote are:
Noodle, Goldtru, Gory, thefranklin, cdm, TJ

Players that haven't voted yet are:
coju, Numbers, flubbucket, FoE

Yes you are. I have already taken up more than my share of D4, and this is turning out as post after post of
your questions and my answers. I'll refrain from answering - check back; most of them are answered by me
already, just not asked by you.
If my last post yesterday and first post today didn't convince you I'm town, nothing will. Either that or you
just like to read your own words.

Well I figured it was time we started lynching scum. In case you missed it we haven't been all that
successful yet. For all we know we are in a situation with a completely intact scum-faction and not
alot of townies left. When do you suppose a better time would present itself to use such powers and
announce them?

Announcing them after wouldn't have quite the same effect now would it?
Would you have believed me if I announced today that I was responsible for the no-ding and no-NK(s); (and any
other scum/neutral actions that may have taken place but aren't plain for all to see)?

So you're reading into that that I wanted to be killed? May I ask why after the claim I made?
They couldn't kill me with an NK, since that was one of the things I prevented.

So others use it too - glad to hear it.

You dont get it, do you? Announcing that you have the power you claimed alerts scum to not use any of their x-shots. It was very helpful to the mafia. It does not help the town at all to announce ahead of time, onoy mafia.

Ignore lack of spelling and logic, phonestyle

Well - because if you're convinced that I am town; then how can you assume FoE and/or Gory are scum for voting exactly like me?

I'm not saying they're not; just that the argument is unreasonable.

They didn't claim to stop scum actions for a night, and then apparently did so. They were also both afflicted with the post restriction, which we both feel is almost definitely a scum ability, and at the early stages of the game I find it very likely that at least one of those targeted with said ability, assuming it originates from scum, are scum themselves. Probably not both of them, but one seems reasonable. In terms of people who scum would want to silence, Goryani generally rates fairly high on that list, which would be the reason why I voted for FoE over Goryani in the presence of identical reason to vote for each.

You dont get it, do you? Announcing that you have the power you claimed alerts scum to not use any of their x-shots. It was very helpful to the mafia. It does not help the town at all to announce ahead of time, onoy mafia.

I get it - do you? We could be close to mylo here - if the scum have x-shots left we could potentially be pretty much screwed.
There is no unity to be found between the remaining 10 - and still with the possibility of an intact mafia.

Eliminating just me from the equation makes it 1 in 9 to pick out scum instead of 1 in 10. That alone was reason enough for the claim.

I get it - do you? We could be close to mylo here - if the scum have x-shots left we could potentially be pretty much screwed.
There is no unity to be found between the remaining 10 - and still with the possibility of an intact mafia.

Eliminating just me from the equation makes it 1 in 9 to pick out scum instead of 1 in 10. That alone was reason enough for the claim.

So your claimed power last night was not a block of all scum actions?

Damn you're odd. How did you get that from what I wrote?
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. Discussing with you is a lost cause.

Vote for me if you're sure I'm scum.

I'll be voicing the "I told you so" in another thread while you are busy throwing this game.

'nuf chat with you - life's too short.

I clearly dont understand you're play last night. How could scum have vig killed you?

Swaggin' vote count:

2 Coju - (Thomas, goldtru)
1 ThomasJohnsen - (cdm) [Noodle, FoE]
1 flubbucket - (Gory)
1 FredofErik - (thefranklin) [Numbers]

Oh crap. That means that flubbucket is the one with the no-vote today.
And that again means that my little longshot theory just got a tad more unlikely:

* The main reason for suspecting coju in the first place was his "scum has died" slip day 1.
* My theory was that the no-vote alternated between members of a scum faction.
* Those two together mean that the scum-faction initially had 5 members, which I find highly doubtful given that we started out with only 18 players. Even a vote-handicapped scum-faction of 5 seems like overkill for a town of 18.

flubbucket did wait a long time to verify his vote today and did vote with Noodle on coju day 2, but alas, I fear I am more or less back to square one here.

I still like coju the most and will keep my vote on him.

Ty BPC/BA for indulging my suspicions :)

flubbucket did wait a long time to verify his vote today and did vote with Noodle on coju day 2, but alas, I fear I am more or less back to square one here....

ThomasJohnsen did drone on and on and on and on much in the same vein as Drixx, but alas, I fear Drixx is gone more or less.

Dubious mudslinging and out of context connections are......dubious there peanut

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High